Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
May 11, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #947 of 2,875
what about this cable?  according to some answers in the Q&A section it fits the V2.

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-upgrade-Stereo-Olufsen-headphones/dp/B00MT56WLU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=AJ2PJNO98VCDO

i wonder how this one compares to the V moda.

May 11, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #948 of 2,875
Reviews are good for that cable. Amazon is good with returns so you can't go wrong with trying it out for yourself. Are you a Prime member though? They ask for too much in shipping if not.

I should say if ordered through Amazon. $5.00 is not too bad from the seller itself.

May 11, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #949 of 2,875
From what I heard it increases sound quality. The ADL iHP-35L seems to be priced over 100$. I should go with the stock one I guess. Im not an audiophile or something, giving 100$ for just a cable is too much for me.

I got my iHP-35L from cdjapan for $81.82USD shipped. Had bought thing from them since 10+ years ago without any issue, just take some time across the ocean.

May 12, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #950 of 2,875
For those people in UK who are looking for a replacement cable with 3 contacts. This one fits in H6 first generation:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/aLLreLi-Tangle-Premium-Plated-Audio/dp/B011L10P3S/
Apparently this one has gold plated contacts whose conductance is lower than the silver plated ones (?) of the original one. There seems to be a tiny decrease in audio quality if I do not err - just listened with it for a short time.

May 13, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #954 of 2,875
Amazon.com has had that price for the last week or two. I just picked up a V2 for $236.58 used Very Good from Amazon
Still a few in stock:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01B45RTSK/

Here are photos comparing V1 (red lettering) with V2 (black lettering).
The major visual differences include:
Outside milled aluminum is more polished on v2
V2 has 4 screw holes versus 3 on V1
Drivers do look only slightly different. 
Arm holding the housing / earpads is longer
In terms of sound quality I am testing a 6month old set versus a new set. The new set sounds much crisper / clearer and stands out ahead of V1, but I do not notice any bass differences.
My testing tonight was not using an amp, I was only testing with macbook pro, and a Nexus 6 so I need to check it properly tomorrow. 

The VModa cable does fit V2, but you have to push it a little to get it in, taking it out requires some effort too. One thing I did notice was the V-Moda was noticeably louder when connected to the laptop versus the standard cable. I did not notice the same increase from my Nexus 6..

May 13, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #955 of 2,875
I did some more testing comparing the V2 with the V1, this time using the iFi Nano amp.
There is a difference between the two, the V2 to be is still "brighter" but I do not hear any bass differences / improvements with v1 and v2. After all of my testing I think I will return the V2, and keep my V1 for now.

May 13, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #956 of 2,875
I find it interesting that people are sending back their V2s. The Champagne Gold has my name on it and I'm going to try it out anyway. Especially now that B&O has the price more down to earth. That was a smart move. Now if they would do the same with their Bluetooth line. My wallet is still crying from that H7 purchase.

May 15, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #958 of 2,875
Amazon has it posted under V2. Also, Beoplay website has it on the same page under V2 and even says it will be a V2 spring and summer Special Edition.

http://www.beoplay.com/products/beoplayh6#buy

My only problem is I am up to my eyeballs with headphone debt, LOL. I really would love to try them before they sold out however.

May 15, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #959 of 2,875
This is from BeoCare, when I was asking about the brown and champagne versions earlier in the week:

At the moment, only the black and natural H6's are available in the 2nd Generation version. The Champagne Grey will be available as a 2nd generation soon, but not available yet.

There were only minor adjustments made to the H6's including adjusting The Mechanical arm to improve flexibility and enhancing the tuning. The technical specs are the same (see below). I personally have not tested the second Generation yet so I cannot confirm the tuning difference, but even if I have Everyone hears music a little differently.

May 15, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #960 of 2,875
I just got my V2 from amazon ....i think the vocals are slightly recessed i compared it to my momentum 2 ..and they were mid forward compared to the V2 ,the treble response is better with the V2 though....I am giving it a couple hours of burn in right now and see if that changes anything......

My momentums are winning for comfort though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back