Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
May 5, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #916 of 2,875
Further V2 observation...
The cable connector port is narrower than the V1 and the v-moda replacement I bought for my V1 will not fit in the hole without modification, it's simply too tight.

May 5, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #917 of 2,875
The cable connector port is narrower than the V1 and the v-moda replacement I bought for my V1 will not fit in the hole without modification, it's simply too tight.

Wow! And I thought the V1 was tight. I cannot use some of my good cables because the plugs will not go through the small opening. It's for sure a 3.5mm plug, it's just the casing is sturdy metal and thick. I had to buy cheaper cables that fit smartphone cases.

May 5, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #918 of 2,875
yep, the hole is smaller and the plug on the included cable with the V2 is narrower.

I'd bought two of the v-moda cables for the V1 and had them wired to the two headphone sockets on my Mojo... which certainly seems to give them a little more oomph.

May 5, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #919 of 2,875

That's quite odd as my vmoda boommic fits perfectly fine with my v2 H6... 
blink.gif

May 5, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #920 of 2,875

My vmoda cable works fine with my v1 H6. Took a little wiggling at first to get it properly seated, but it's been rock solid for months now.

May 6, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #922 of 2,875
yep, the hole is smaller and the plug on the included cable with the V2 is narrower.

I'd bought two of the v-moda cables for the V1 and had them wired to the two headphone sockets on my Mojo... which certainly seems to give them a little more oomph.

I'm glad to hear you say that because I bought the v mode cable because everyone said it for great in the v1, but I thought I was the wrong one because it is suuuuper tight, I can get them in With some force, but the scary part is the force required to get it back out.

May 9, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #924 of 2,875
I have had the H6 V1 for a few months now. I reached out to BeoCare to see if V2 had any differences and this is the response I got.

At the moment, only the black and natural H6's are available in the 2nd Generation version. The Champagne Grey will be available as a 2nd generation soon, but not available yet.

There were only minor adjustments made to the H6's including adjusting The Mechanical arm to improve flexibility and enhancing the tuning. The technical specs are the same (see below). I personally have not tested the second Generation yet so I cannot confirm the tuning difference, but even if I have Everyone hears music a little differently.

This is the first time I have seen BeoCare state that there are tuning differences... I do have a pair of v2 arriving this week, so I want to double check if the drivers do look different, and if there is much of a change in sound using the same cable in both.

May 9, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #925 of 2,875
So which cable will work with the v2?

I just measure cable connector circumference use caliper for ADL iHP-35L, ADL iHP-35B, and H6 original cable from H6-SE. Here they are below. I am surprised iHP-35L is significantly smaller than both ADL iHP-35B, and H6 original cable. You could measure your H6 gen2 cable connector circumference, and determine will ADL iHP-35L fit the hole on gen2.

ADL iHP-35L: 5.95mm
ADL iHP-35B: 6.43mm
H6 original cable from H6-SE: 6.23mm

Typo edited.

May 10, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #926 of 2,875
Can confirm that the IHP35 ADL doesn't fit gen1 or gen2 - had to send it back :frowning2:
Would love to know a good cable I can order that will fit if anyone can help please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back