Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
May 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #830 of 3,454
When are they going to give us the option to choose the black cable?

I believe they are working on sending out another Backer Kit email with the new cable options.

May 15, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #832 of 3,454
Count me in on getting a pair when they start shippping! I know the wait has been long thus far but I am sure that they will be well worth the wait AND they're made in the USA!!! I think the red/blue stripped cords add a sense of uniqueness to a world of black corded IEMs.

May 19, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #834 of 3,454
Bought the zero audio tenores. These should hold me over till the rockets get here. May even update to the remote model if the tenores are as advertised.

I wonder what the retail price of the rockets will be now that the re400 has shifted the market. The new sweet spot is the under $100 club.

May 22, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #835 of 3,454
Great. Black cable has been selected and now we wait. Thinking late June, since I was the ninth to back the kickstarter. Can't wait.

As great as the zero audio tenores sound, it's build quality leaves much to be desired. Hope the rockets complete my search for the perfect iem.

May 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #838 of 3,454
The RE-400 was out long before the Rockets KS...

In case anyone missed it, we can get back into our Backerkits and choose our cable colors now... huzzah!

I know. What I mean is that the under $100 iems have been performing quite well as opposed to the more expensive earsets since the re400 became available in the market. Now with the zero audio tenores turning heads, a lot of users aren't willing to part with the high costs of the more we'll known headphone brands. I think that's awesome. I can't justify paying more than $150 for iems after the tenores, re400 and hopefully the rockets will add to that notion.

May 22, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #839 of 3,454
Got high hopes for Rockets after the Tenore, since Rockets utilizes a purpose built driver (I think Inks speculated that the Tenore and Sony mh1 share a common driver). Mostly though, I'm excited about the prospect of a potentially TOTL level phone that's affordable, discreet, fits well, and is built like a tank. That's a potent combo that I have yet to come across

Users who are viewing this thread

Back