Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
May 6, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #811 of 3,454
Gotta say, these will look killer with the blue shells. I'm looking forward to them. Gray not so much but still good probably.

May 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #812 of 3,454
Gotta say, these will look killer with the blue shells. I'm looking forward to them. Gray not so much but still good probably.

Gray is neutral, should look alright up against whatever color. The blue... well, one side will 'blend' more with the cable than the other; if the contrast between the red cable and blue shell is off, that side will look off; if the blue of the cable doesn't match the blue shell or contrast it strongly enough, it'll clash... I think there's far more room for things to go wrong with the blue, frankly!

May 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #813 of 3,454
Gray is neutral, should look alright up against whatever color. The blue... well, one side will 'blend' more with the cable than the other; if the contrast between the red cable and blue shell is off, that side will look off; if the blue of the cable doesn't match the blue shell or contrast it strongly enough, it'll clash... I think there's far more room for things to go wrong with the blue, frankly!

Dale has announced Kickstarter backers will have the option of choosing pure matte black colour cables, but without any coloured weavings. :)

May 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #814 of 3,454
Glad Dale is allowing for some options. This whole ordeal must be a total headache for the AS team. I'm glad they've been forthright with all their issues and have been working to deliver the product to their specifications and altering things along the way to cater to the needs of others. At some point though, both sides are gonna have to compromise if this thing is ever to come out

May 7, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #815 of 3,454
Dale has announced Kickstarter backers will have the option of choosing pure matte black colour cables, but without any coloured weavings.
smily_headphones1.gif

will these be less strong than the ones with the kevlar weave?

May 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #817 of 3,454

"Cable will have all the exact same properties of the other cable but just with a plain matte black polyurethane satin finish outer cover". Taken from his post on KS.

nice. this makes me very happy. i wonder how they'll identify left and right though on the matte black cables since the blue and red crosshatch was for that purpose originally. bump on the left or lettiering?

May 7, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #819 of 3,454
will these be less strong than the ones with the kevlar weave?

No difference, but its now quad anchored instead of triple from the initial start of campaign. So even stronger :)

May 7, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #820 of 3,454
Honestly, just excited to actually get them... I have so many situations I would use them in, I'm just chomping at the bit to get 'em here and give 'em a listen!!

And yeah, I'm hoping the cables aren't quite as garish as the renders, but I doubt they will be, and can just go black cable anyway (which I'm likely to do), so they've provided a reasonable alternative IMO. (As long as we can tell right channel from left, of course :p). 

May 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #821 of 3,454
  Honestly, just excited to actually get them... I have so many situations I would use them in, I'm just chomping at the bit to get 'em here and give 'em a listen!!

And yeah, I'm hoping the cables aren't quite as garish as the renders, but I doubt they will be, and can just go black cable anyway (which I'm likely to do), so they've provided a reasonable alternative IMO. (As long as we can tell right channel from left, of course :p). 

i'm seriously happy enough of us voiced our opinions to get the black cable option, haha. i hate to be superficial but i couldn't be seen out with those candy cane looking wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back