Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #601 of 2,761

Quote:
ok, keep us informed.

I spoke in SM3 for having read several comparative references a few posts ago.

If they are similar, EU users also have to consider nice maintenance outside warranty period we have from Earsonic.

I await more comparisons with SM3.

While there are some similarities, for the most part I don't subscribe to the idea of the ASG-1 sounding just like the SM3. A couple of things: The SM3 - to my ears - doesn't have as much separation of and space of instruments as the ASG-1. And the SM3 is a much warmer earphone. Also, the SM3 isn't as 3-Dish as the ASG-1. Just how I hear it though...

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #603 of 2,761
The suspense is killing me
biggrin.gif

Quote:
While there are some similarities, for the most part I don't subscribe to the idea of the ASG-1 sounding just like the SM3. A couple of things: The SM3 - to my ears - doesn't have as much separation of and space of instruments as the ASG-1. And the SM3 is a much warmer earphone. Also, the SM3 isn't as 3-Dish as the ASG-1. Just how I hear it though...

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #604 of 2,761

Quote:
@ericp10 Which tips work out best for you?

I've yet to try them with Sony Hybrids, TX-500, Sennheiser biflanges, silicone tips.

I haven't gotten in my Complys yet, but I found some old Complys in one of my tips drawers and it's pretty nice sounding on the ASG-1. In the end, however, I went back to the Senn double flanges. Those give me the best balance of deep bass that I like along with nice highs and clear mids. I didn't care for the Sony Hybrid too much (it seemed to suck something out of the sound, especially within the horns).

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #605 of 2,761
Is there any chance anyone can take a picture or two of the plug on the cable? It looks pretty wide and short from the the pictures I've seen and I'm beggining to think I'm going to have to mod or replace my iPhone 4 case to get it to fit...

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #607 of 2,761
Wow, great to hear from Dale. Very exciting developments - especially with what's coming up with the AS-2 model! Never thought I'd ever see a dual-dynamic-driver IEM. Guess I should "never say never" eh? Sounds like its gonna be a good year for dynamic driver fans.

Now, to endure the wait til my ASG-1 & AS-1b arrive... *twiddling thumbs*

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #611 of 2,761

Quote:

Seems to be the same cable...

...as on the SM3 and the black cable above. I used to use that one on my old modded SF3. No connectors anymore as I lopped them off and did a straight solder after the SF3 polycarbonate housings started to disintegrate and I had to transplant. IMO, all three phones share similar sound traits from the cable, the large 3-D affect, forward mids, and a slight subduing of the treble(though still high quality). My qualms about it: bass extension favored over treble extension and a slight too much midbass for my tastes even with the single driver SF3. Nice cable not the best though. Good to hear about the upgrade cable options. I agree, Eric, that the ASG-1 is the more open sounding and further away presentation that is similar in a few aspects but overall quite different from the SM3.

@vwinter. the circular protrusion is 9mm in diameter and 2mm in depth.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #613 of 2,761

Quote:

Thanks differentiating the ASG-1 & SM3 signatures according to your hearing.

Would you also agree from your listening the ASG-1 bass is more stronger than SM3's ? Some ASG-1 impressions/PM's have indicated it being comparable to FX700 & even MG7 ?
If so are you able to quantify the amount its stronger by ?

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #615 of 2,761

Quote:
Yes, Dale did mention the development of newer cables, but I don't think these current cables are exactly the same as the Westone cables. I will check into that. They may have used the same manufacturer for certain components of the cable, but the cables aren't exactly the same. For some reason I have that in my mind. 

It's possible. But they look exactly like the very same westone es cable I have coiled up next to them...
wink_face.gif

The Westone ES are like an industry standard. JHA uses them, for example. But I'm interested in the new ones when they come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back