Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 19, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #587 of 2,761
They fit my ears and I've got pretty small ears. Only thing is, my left ear isn't the same shape as my right, so I've always had problems with fitting certain types of IEMs, the ASG-1 is not an exception, so I can't get them flush in my ears without it hurting. Currently resorting to using dual flanges to create a bit of distance from my inner ear, it's a crude solution, but it mostly does the trick. 

EDIT: Does anyone else have any issues with the Otterbox case? It is ridiculously hard to open and close. It's amazingly rugged, but I'll be damned if it isn't near useless if I practically need to bring a crowbar with me to open it :l 

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #588 of 2,761
^Thanks Dudes. I think this could be my DD IEMs. Not going for custom this time so I can share them
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #589 of 2,761

Quote:
They fit my ears and I've got pretty small ears. Only thing is, my left ear isn't the same shape as my right, so I've always had problems with fitting certain types of IEMs, the ASG-1 is not an exception, so I can't get them flush in my ears without it hurting. Currently resorting to using dual flanges to create a bit of distance from my inner ear, it's a crude solution, but it mostly does the trick. 

EDIT: Does anyone else have any issues with the Otterbox case? It is ridiculously hard to open and close. It's amazingly rugged, but I'll be damned if it isn't near useless if I practically need to bring a crowbar with me to open it :l 

You can always take out the foam seal, problem solved.  Of course, it won't be waterproof after that.

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #590 of 2,761
Nice. One track from the same album that made it to my Test CD compilation is Halo. Overall a very worthy audiophile album.

Quote:
  • Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence.  This song for me is hard to sound good on an earphone/headphone with out EQ.
  1. Atrio mg7: Well, it sounded pretty dull. It had a hard time keeping up with the synthesizer transitions and layers.
  2. ASG-1:[size=11.0pt] All the electronic pieces are separated.  It slices through and extracts the subtle details very well.  There more sense of space/air.   The hi-hat is easily heard in the background even with the synthesizers are going all out[/size].

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #591 of 2,761
Just read thru all 40 pages. I'm just glad that finally a custom iem company offers a universal version of their custom models
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the 'reviews' @ ericp10/sgshane/dosley

Will just save my GBP73.83 and go for the ASG-1
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
The descriptions really should fit what I want.

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #593 of 2,761

Quote:
[size=medium]..The ASG-1 is repairable (by us) and upgradeable (by us). Any modification to them will void the warranty, which is one year - except for the cables, which is 90 days. We do not plan to change the shape or style of the ASG-1, as it seems to work just fine. Yes, when we do release the ASG-2 (which won't be for some time), we will have an upgrade program to allow ASG-1 owners to add the extras that may be in them.  So yes we did make them upgradeable at least to the next model up for now. If you see the picture on our website with the pile of earbuds, we just thought enough is enough. Let's make something truly unique that fits the right way; stays in your ears; sounds good; is affordable; is durable;is upgradable/ repairable;and all made in the USA with pride. From the consensus – worldwide even - I think people are liking this approach.[/size]..

[size=medium]..We don't paint them or do anything other than frosted clear currently as this keeps the cost down and reduces labor a bit. Very soon, however, we will introduce some remarkable aesthetic upgrades that will blow your mind.  And yes, again, we can upgrade your existing AS-1 series too.[/size]..

..[size=medium]On yet another front, yes, we will soon be making some very special cables for our products that can be purchased as upgrades at time of purchase or as an upgrade option...[/size]

[size=medium]Dale Lott - President/CEO[/size]
[size=medium]Aurisonics, Inc.[/size]

'Game Changer'

Aurisonics has become a super special unique company in my mind.

I'm so glad that i joined the head-Fi community at such an exciting time.

Thanks Dale, thanks Matt & thanks to Gilly87 for bringing these to my attention.

beerchug.gif

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #594 of 2,761

Quote:

'Game Changer'

Aurisonics has become a super special unique company in my mind.

I'm so glad that i joined the head-Fi community at such an exciting time.

Thanks Dale, thanks Matt & thanks to Gilly87 for bringing these to my attention.

beerchug.gif

You paid Customs in UK, from US orders? If yes, don't know if worth much compared to SM3's. How much it costs to send and receive back again to upgrade to ASG-2?

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #595 of 2,761

I have not received my ASG-1 yet. I have no idea what the Customs tax sting will be.

I'm guessing 20% VAT TAX will be added ?

Does anyone know how the UK Custom charges will work ?

On the matter of SM3, I never found it appealing from initial research. Even if was sold at the same price point.

With Aurisonics ability to potentially  upgrade cables for a different sound signature or add a new driver altogether what more could i ask from something that already seems to be creating the monitor sound I initially sought. Impressions have indicated it has lows compareable to FX700 & FX700 detailed highs without the harshness. Some describing it to have a 3D-ish immersive presentation is another appealing quality which i have always sought.

Yes there will costs involved in sending back & forth for an upgrade but that's not something I'm keen to do too soon. I'm buying the ASG-1 for what it is delivering as it is.
It is a good option to have down the line. Maybe Aurisonics will be able to offer DIY kits as the ASG-1's have a removable side plates.

As far as I know no costs have been given for upgrades yet. Very early days as ASG-2 is not even out. There should be no Custom Tax on repairs/upgrades & tracked delivery is a hefty $52 from US. Possibly other economy delivery options are available.

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #596 of 2,761
ok, keep us informed.

I spoke in SM3 for having read several comparative references a few posts ago.

If they are similar, EU users also have to consider nice maintenance outside warranty period we have from Earsonic.

I await more comparisons with SM3.

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #597 of 2,761

Quote:
hows the stock cables provided? 
regular_smile .gif

They are the same Westone ES cable that is often found on a lot of customs (Westone, JHA, Future Sonics, etc.). They are clear and will turn green over time with oxidation. The new cable Dale mentioned will not change color.

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #598 of 2,761

Quote:
Just read thru all 40 pages. I'm just glad that finally a custom iem company offers a universal version of their custom models
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the 'reviews' @ ericp10/sgshane/dosley

Will just save my GBP73.83 and go for the ASG-1
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
The descriptions really should fit what I want.

x2

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #599 of 2,761
Okay so i've decided to get the ASG-1 as well. I get a good seal with medium black shure olives on my um3x, in comparison what would be a good tip for me on the ASG-1. From what I've read, looks like the Senn Triple Flange and TX-500 with wax guard should be quite good. Any other tips that you guys are getting good seal? I might as well order all of them at once.

Oh man I hope they ship fast
etysmile.gif

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #600 of 2,761

Quote:
They are the same Westone ES cable that is often found on a lot of customs (Westone, JHA, Future Sonics, etc.). They are clear and will turn green over time with oxidation. The new cable Dale mentioned will not change color.

Yes, Dale did mention the development of newer cables, but I don't think these current cables are exactly the same as the Westone cables. I will check into that. They may have used the same manufacturer for certain components of the cable, but the cables aren't exactly the same. For some reason I have that in my mind. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back