Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions
May 12, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #286 of 364
  the new fender series can never surpass the aurisonics lineup
frown.gif

Give them time (and a few impressions - no one seems to be posting reviews yet even though they have been on sale in the Far East for a while I believe and my message to Andy and Dale asking if they were arranging any tours with the usual reviewers has been met by crickets) before you write them off. I have faith Dale and his team will produce the goods under the new badge.

Was working my way through the old line up and just had the Kicker and Harmony to go from the Bravo series before they got bought out so thinking about picking up the FXA2/5/7 at some point to see what the "gaps" sound like now. One definite benefit of them being bought by a multinational distributor is that the price has gone down for the equivalent models over here in the UK - who said globalisation was a bad thing!

One thing I will agree on - not heard any other IEMs quite like the ASG 1Plus or ASG 2.5 yet in my (admittedly limited) audio travels - those things were a rare breed...

May 12, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #287 of 364

Give them time (and a few impressions - no one seems to be posting reviews yet even though they have been on sale in the Far East for a while I believe and my message to Andy and Dale asking if they were arranging any tours with the usual reviewers has been met by crickets) before you write them off. I have faith Dale and his team will produce the goods under the new badge.

Was working my way through the old line up and just had the Kicker and Harmony to go from the Bravo series before they got bought out so thinking about picking up the FXA2/5/7 at some point to see what the "gaps" sound like now. One definite benefit of them being bought by a multinational distributor is that the price has gone down for the equivalent models over here in the UK - who said globalisation was a bad thing!

One thing I will agree on - not heard any other IEMs quite like the ASG 1Plus or ASG 2.5 yet in my (admittedly limited) audio travels - those things were a rare breed...

definitely they have created signature iems

May 12, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #291 of 364

ah sorry to hear that! were you able to compare them side by side with the older line up?

unfortunately, did not compare them side by side.
they just don't leave a mark on my mind with the sound, nothing unique I supposed.

May 18, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #293 of 364
The Onkyo HF player's EQ (only bumping bass frequencies) really seems to have taken care of my main "gripe" with these headphones - lack of bass with some recordings. To clarify, I prefer some bass "bump" like a nicely tuned subwoofer produces (not overwhelming the rest of the frequency range.) I find that natively bass heavy tracks tend to provide the level of bass I am looking for, without EQ. So, I would tend to EQ with many tracks. I only wish Amarra for Tidal would come out with a version for the iPhone, so I could EQ my streaming on the go - the primary reason/way I use IEMs these days.

These sound really nice to my ears out of my iPhone 6s Plus, with EQ as needed. Monitor-like in much of the frequency range (realism and depth to instruments and voices) with a smooth top end and a subwoofer-like bass bump, to my ears.

Not looking to hype these IEMs, just sharing my experience for those that may benefit. These are probably not for everyone; they just happen to fall into what I like, with a little "help" in tuning. 

May 18, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #294 of 364
The Onkyo HF player's EQ (only bumping bass frequencies) really seems to have taken care of my main "gripe" with these headphones - lack of bass with some recordings. To clarify, I prefer some bass "bump" like a nicely tuned subwoofer produces (not overwhelming the rest of the frequency range.) I find that natively bass heavy tracks tend to provide the level of bass I am looking for, without EQ. So, I would tend to EQ with many tracks. I only wish Amarra for Tidal would come out with a version for the iPhone, so I could EQ my streaming on the go - the primary reason/way I use IEMs these days.

These sound really nice to my ears out of my iPhone 6s Plus, with EQ as needed. Monitor-like in much of the frequency range (realism and depth to instruments and voices) with a smooth top end and a subwoofer-like bass bump, to my ears.

Not looking to hype these IEMs, just sharing my experience for those that may benefit. These are probably not for everyone; they just happen to fall into what I like. 
I like N7 player.

May 19, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #295 of 364
  Anyone looking to off load their Asg 1 plus? Would love to work out a good deal with someone potentially. PM me :)

I regret passing on them in the past :frowning2:

definitely not! it is one kind of an iem!

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #296 of 364
hi i am looking at grabbing some new iems as of last week and have narrowed down to 1 plus , harmonies and earsonics velvets
would love to hear some impressions on how these stack up together   

beerchug.gif

Jun 13, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #297 of 364
I'm in between rigs, atm.. but recently found my (custom) AS-1Plus while digging through some boxes after a recent move.  I was immediately reminded of just how well tuned this phone is and why it remains one of my favorite IEMs.  I've owned many customs (mostly TOTL ones from various manuf.) over the years and had settled on the UERM (custom) & Empire Ears Apollo-X (custom) as my custom references for the last few years.  A slightly-modded Sennheiser HD 650 is my full sized reference can.  In terms of sound, the AS-1Plus' would fall in line quite easily with those phones.  The midrange is simply beautiful.  The natural decay, realistic note weight, and organic timbre.. coupled with a well positioned soundstage (not distant but not too forward).. is reminiscent of the HD 650's legendary midrange.  There's a gentle midbass lift and upper midrange recession that give the 1Plus a full but slightly dark quality.. which I really enjoy.  Again, the tasteful lower and mid-treble emphasis help the 1Plus achieve a spacious quality without being artificially bright or edgy.  The 1Plus isn't quite as cohesive as the UERM (center imaging on the 1Plus is a little too diffused, IME), but it isn't distractingly spacious nor do I sense any phase issues.

What strikes me most about the 1Plus is not necessarily what it excels at.. but how it lacks any real weaknesses.  The slightly recessed upper midrange does tend to give the 1Plus a laid back quality that some might take issue with.. but other than that, I can't think of anything in the tuning that's an outright red flag.  Most hybrids, even to this day, struggle with DD/BA cohesion and tend to have frustratingly low impedances that make source specs very important.  The 1Plus' suffers from neither of those issues.  It's pretty amazing to hear a hybrid.. let alone one that's a few years old, that sounds this well integrated.  I've revisited this phone from time to time over the last few years and it puts a smile on my face every time.  I've owned nearly every iteration of the AS-1/2 series (from the original AS/G-1 to the AS-2.5) and.. IMO.. the AS-1Plus is the best phone Aurisonics has released when it comes to neutrality/studio friendliness.  Those who own one are quite lucky and have a bit of a gem on there hands, whether they realize it or not.  I hope Fender refreshes and re-releases it.. it's a diamond in the rough!

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #298 of 364
Still have mine!

Jun 14, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #300 of 364

Users who are viewing this thread

Back