Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions
Apr 1, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #256 of 364
Besides Aurisonics' own custom tip service, which is $125, is anyone aware of another perhaps cheaper place to make custom tips that might fit on the ASG1+? I've been using two slightly different sized MH1 tips because my ears are slightly different sizes, and I think it's about time I put that to rest and just did it proper. I have no plans of getting rid of these headphones anytime soon, they're absolutely phenomenal. (I may end up grabbing a pair of custom UERR when I graduate and have the cash for that sort of thing... something more transparent, since I consider the ASG1+ to be somewhat colored...but they're just so good I don't think I'd ever let them go)

Also, has anyone tried replacing the cable? I've never used an aftermarket cable before, and generally wouldn't believe such things would make a sound quality difference...but I've heard balanced armatures can be very very sensitive to cable impedance, so I'm curious. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Snugs but might be more in price.

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #257 of 364
Also, has anyone tried replacing the cable? I've never used an aftermarket cable before, and generally wouldn't believe such things would make a sound quality difference...but I've heard balanced armatures can be very very sensitive to cable impedance, so I'm curious. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I'm using a Moon Audio SD with my ASG1plus & Spiral Dots.  Love the combo.  It's pretty much my endgame for iems'.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #259 of 364
Can anyone compare ASG1 Plus to the likes of DN2O00J or Pinnacle P1? I have a chance to pick up a used ASG1 plus but I am wondering if the others are better choices?

Please and thanks in advance!

Apr 4, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #260 of 364
Can anyone compare ASG1 Plus to the likes of DN2O00J or Pinnacle P1? I have a chance to pick up a used ASG1 plus but I am wondering if the others are better choices?

Please and thanks in advance!

Not heard the Dunu, but from memory the 1Plus is more liquid/musical and more bass capable than the P1s. The P1s sound slightly more technical/resolving and a bit more neutral - both are brilliant choices tho.

Apr 4, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #261 of 364
Not heard the Dunu, but from memory the 1Plus is more liquid/musical and more bass capable than the P1s. The P1s sound slightly more technical/resolving and a bit more neutral - both are brilliant choices tho.

the ASG1Plus would be atleast a hundred dollars more than the P1, so I am trying to figure out which one would be a better buy.

Apr 4, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #262 of 364
the ASG1Plus would be atleast a hundred dollars more than the P1, so I am trying to figure out which one would be a better buy.

I think Antihippy or audio123 would be the best placed to answer the 1Plus vs P1 debate as they are active on both threads and current owners of both iems, if I remember correctly?

Gents, any comment?

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #263 of 364
I think Antihippy or audio123 would be the best placed to answer the 1Plus vs P1 debate as they are active on both threads and current owners of both iems, if I remember correctly?

Gents, any comment?
Personally, I feel ASG 1 Plus is better than the P1 in terms of vocals while P1 has a slight edge over the 1 Plus due to its technical performance being slightly better. At the end of the day, it is what type of sound you are looking for but I strongly feel the 1 Plus is TOTL quality in terms of vocals

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #264 of 364

Hi!

I was very interested in the P1 and ready to buy it. But the shy bass made me steer away from it. I need a nice full and round bass to satisfy my music enjoyment. The 1Plus is borderline there, not stealing away from the mids but having a wonderful lush sound, that just makes you want to move, dance, shake, head bang - all of it together. So no need for the P1 for me....

I would say, rather go for the 1Plus....

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #265 of 364
Hi!

I was very interested in the P1 and ready to buy it. But the shy bass made me steer away from it. I need a nice full and round bass to satisfy my music enjoyment. The 1Plus is borderline there, not stealing away from the mids but having a wonderful lush sound, that just makes you want to move, dance, shake, head bang - all of it together. So no need for the P1 for me....

I would say, rather go for the 1Plus....

Agreed the p1 is distant for the vocals while 1+ is more intimate

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #266 of 364
  Is there anywhere to purchase these in Canada or with worldwide shipping? I found a store in Brooklyn with 1 in stock but they only ship to CONUS.

Thanks, k4rstar, for suggesting we open up sales to Canada. Done. One new pair and one demo pair of ASG 1plus, then they're all gone.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #267 of 364

Hi radrianta.  I think the ASG1plus is in a different (better) league than the Sony XBAs.  I liked the Sony XBAs as a second pair for use at my work desk, but ultimately I ended up with the Sony EX1000 for that purpose, and the ASG1plus stay at home for now.  The ASG1plus to me sound almost like a full size headphone.  I never got that feeling with Sonys.

Would you be able to comment and compare on the EX1000 vs the ASG 1Plus? Was contemplating on the two and the ASG 1Plus will be a blind buy for me, so I am looking any comparisons if possible. I owned the EX1000 very briefly but I ended up returning it.

Any info would be of great help :)

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #268 of 364

Would you be able to comment and compare on the EX1000 vs the ASG 1Plus? Was contemplating on the two and the ASG 1Plus will be a blind buy for me, so I am looking any comparisons if possible. I owned the EX1000 very briefly but I ended up returning it.

Any info would be of great help :)

definitely the asg 1 plus is TOTL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back