Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions
Apr 6, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #271 of 364

Have you heard or owned both? :)

Would love to read a comparison between the two, even its just a few lines. Just trying to make sure I don't regret my purchase lol. 

I have heard the ex1000 and owned the 1+. 1+ makes the cut for me as I like vocals

The ASG1-Plus is a very capable mid-tier IEM but I wouldn't go as far as to call it TOTL. There are still some caveats in its sound.

TOTL in terms of vocals hehe.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #273 of 364
  Anyone have further impressions of 1Plus vs. ATH-CKR9? Got a good idea from peter123's review but I really want to know if I should spring for these too.

both are extremely different. 1+ is laid back and smooth while ckr9 is exciting and bright, more for treble heads. In terms of technical performance, 1+ has the edge in imaging and soundstage

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #274 of 364

Hong Kong shops has them on sale and can demo.

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #276 of 364
Apr 7, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #277 of 364

Would you be able to comment and compare on the EX1000 vs the ASG 1Plus? Was contemplating on the two and the ASG 1Plus will be a blind buy for me, so I am looking any comparisons if possible. I owned the EX1000 very briefly but I ended up returning it.

Any info would be of great help :)

Hi RedJohn, sorry for the late reply.  I'll try to compare the two.  I only use the EX1000 at work with a CEntrance DACPortSlim, and the ASG1Plus at home with a combo of HiFiMeDIY Sabre DAC / homebuilt CMOY amp or Magni2/Modi2 Uber stack or Sony Xperia Z1 smartphone.  So please take my comparison with a grain of salt.

The EX1000 is a relatively mellower sounding headphone to me, kind of like if you were a few rows from of the stage.  It has relatively flat frequency response but with really good extension in the bass and treble, nothing really stands out on its own, it's very natural sounding.  I like this because nothing  jumps out and grabs my attention, it's just really easy to listen to.  (I should note the XBA-A3's bass would constantly bug me because I felt there was just a touch too much of it, if that helps.  That was probably my biggest problem with it.)  There is good detail retrieval and the soundstage is wide.  Poor isolation though, but I like that because I need to hear things around me at work.  It's very comfy too, I can wear it for hours on end.  So far it's been the best IEM that I've used at work, it ticks all the boxes for me.

The ASG1Plus is easily the best IEM I've ever heard, but it's also the most money I've spent on an IEM.  My experience is limited with higher end IEMs.  If the EX1000 sounds like your a few rows back, then the ASG1Plus sounds like you're right in front of the stage.  It's kind of in your face but not in a bad way.  The bass and treble extension are just as good as the EX1000 if not better, but with a touch more bass.  The bass has better texture and is really tight.  It's a more visceral experience than the EX1000.  The mids are awesome too, I love the way vocals sound on the ASG1Plus.  Detail retrieval is great and the soundstage seems a bit narrower than the EX1000 but the instrument separation is much better, it's way easier to pinpoint things in space.  It's more 3D.  Isolation is really good, much better than the EX1000.  However after an hour of listening to them my left ear hurts from wearing them.  The ear guides are also kind of a pain to deal with compared to the EX1000.

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #278 of 364
I thought I'd sum up a bit after thinking over my experiences with the 2 IEMs above.

EX1000: Natural sounding, flat frequency response, wide soundstage, good clarity, mediocre isolation, comfy.

ASG1Plus: Dynamic, visceral, great bass and mids, 3D soundstage, great clarity, good isolation, not so comfy for me.

***UPDATE 10/5/18***
It's been a while but thought I'd update this post since I still listen to these iems.

EX1000: Bordering on sibilance at higher volumes. Treble peak seems like it creates clarity but I think it just makes sibilance. Light on bass quantity but excellent quality. Definitely more of a reference tuning.

ASG1Plus: More realism or timbre I think is how someone explained it. Instruments do sound more realistic. Better clarity in the mids. No sibilance. You can play them loud and the dont distort as quickly as the EX1000. I really like the instrument separation on these.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #279 of 364
  Hi RedJohn, sorry for the late reply.  I'll try to compare the two.  I only use the EX1000 at work with a CEntrance DACPortSlim, and the ASG1Plus at home with a combo of HiFiMeDIY Sabre DAC / homebuilt CMOY amp or Magni2/Modi2 Uber stack or Sony Xperia Z1 smartphone.  So please take my comparison with a grain of salt.

The EX1000 is a relatively mellower sounding headphone to me, kind of like if you were a few rows from of the stage.  It has relatively flat frequency response but with really good extension in the bass and treble, nothing really stands out on its own, it's very natural sounding.  I like this because nothing  jumps out and grabs my attention, it's just really easy to listen to.  (I should note the XBA-A3's bass would constantly bug me because I felt there was just a touch too much of it, if that helps.  That was probably my biggest problem with it.)  There is good detail retrieval and the soundstage is wide.  Poor isolation though, but I like that because I need to hear things around me at work.  It's very comfy too, I can wear it for hours on end.  So far it's been the best IEM that I've used at work, it ticks all the boxes for me.

The ASG1Plus is easily the best IEM I've ever heard, but it's also the most money I've spent on an IEM.  My experience is limited with higher end IEMs.  If the EX1000 sounds like your a few rows back, then the ASG1Plus sounds like you're right in front of the stage.  It's kind of in your face but not in a bad way.  The bass and treble extension are just as good as the EX1000 if not better, but with a touch more bass.  The bass has better texture and is really tight.  It's a more visceral experience than the EX1000.  The mids are awesome too, I love the way vocals sound on the ASG1Plus.  Detail retrieval is great and the soundstage seems a bit narrower than the EX1000 but the instrument separation is much better, it's way easier to pinpoint things in space.  It's more 3D.  Isolation is really good, much better than the EX1000.  However after an hour of listening to them my left ear hurts from wearing them.  The ear guides are also kind of a pain to deal with compared to the EX1000.

I thought I'd sum up a bit after thinking over my experiences with the 2 IEMs above.

EX1000: Natural sounding, flat frequency response, wide soundstage, good clarity, mediocre isolation, comfy.

ASG1Plus: Dynamic, visceral, great bass and mids, 3D soundstage, great clarity, good isolation, not so comfy for me.

Thank you so much for taking the type to write those impressions, very much appreciated! Do you happen to have the JPN EX1000 model or the import model?
The ASG1 Plus sounds like its more of a  fun iem compared to the EX1000 :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #280 of 364

Thank you so much for taking the type to write those impressions, very much appreciated! Do you happen to have the JPN EX1000 model or the import model?
The ASG1 Plus sounds like its more of a  fun iem compared to the EX1000 :)

I have the JPN EX1000 model. As far as I know the only difference is the cable.

Yes, definitely, IMO the ASG1Plus is the more fun IEM but I think more analytical too.  Sometimes I get lost in all the details when cymbals and other instruments are dancing around my head, but I love that.

May 4, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #282 of 364
the ASG1Plus would be atleast a hundred dollars more than the P1, so I am trying to figure out which one would be a better buy.

The p1 has a boring sound IMO, though both the 1plus and p1 are both warm sounding iems. The p1 has significant lack of energy in the treble, and a slow, liquidy bass. It's a relaxing listen, but the 1 plus is a much more versatile all rounder.

Only reason I sold my 1 plus for $180 was because it was too big for my ears:frowning2:

May 12, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #284 of 364

Thanks to Fender for sending these bad boys out to me. Since the Aurisonics line up as we know it isn't there anymore, I thought I might share my findings with you fine folks :)

Excellent presentation, looks quite slick from an aesthetic perspective. Loving the shureseal tips and the iem is surprisingly comfortable for something of this shape and size. Definitely great for long term listening!

A little early for anything definitive but here is how I hear the FXA5 Pro (Dual BA) iems:

- Nice clean sound fantastic detail and clarity, can be described as laid back and relatively smooth
- Not bright at all, more on the neutral side of things
- soundstage is nice and spacious more wide than it is tall, with excellent depth; Holographic and 3D feeling to it, all the elements of a song have nice air between them, feels spread out
- Bass isn't emphasized at all, might be considered light by some, but its more balanced and closer to neutral with mid bass and sub bass in proportion; Tight tight tight bass - love it!
- Midrange is nicely detailed and musical
- Great instrument separation (but not to the level of being analytical) and layering 
- Works with a  variety of genres (I listen to a bit of everything but a lot of Top 40 music predominantly)

These are my early impressions and should be taken as such. YMMV

May 12, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #285 of 364
the new fender series can never surpass the aurisonics lineup
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back