Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions
Jun 19, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #302 of 364
I bought an used one on december last year. My cable is more like the old asg 1 cable. Is there any sound difference between both cables? i just realized this when i looked at Peter's review.

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #303 of 364
I bought an used one on december last year. My cable is more like the old asg 1 cable. Is there any sound difference between both cables? i just realized this when i looked at Peter's review.

I think the only difference is cosmetic. The old ASG clear cables had a tendency to go green with age - obviously not a problem with the sheathing on the black ones.

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #304 of 364
I am looking to upgrade my Westone W30---Love them but want a step up. After doing research on this site I have narrowed it down to--
Aurosonics plus 1--$500
1964 V3   $500
Audio Technica ATH-E70 $400
and possibly the Noble Audio Savant model- $600

Can anyone give me some advice? I know so much of this is selective and personal preferences--
I want a headphone that just "pops" and is amazing. When you listen to it you are blown away by the clarity,soundstage
how the music just comes to life---do not mind spending the money on something
that will bring me so much enjoyment------

Thanks!

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #305 of 364
  I am looking to upgrade my Westone W30---Love them but want a step up. After doing research on this site I have narrowed it down to--
Aurosonics plus 1--$500
1964 V3   $500

Can anyone give me some advice? I know so much of this is selective and personal preferences--
I want a headphone that just "pops" and is amazing. When you listen to it you are blown away by the clarity,soundstage

Thanks!

I've only heard the 1PLUS out of those but since it's dicountinued and may be hard to come by you might want to check out these if you decide that's the kind of signature you're looking for:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/810411/easy-earphones-pro-ue-custom-6-ba-iem-impressions-thread

After about a week with them I'm confident to say that they're very similar sounding to the 1PLUS but with a bit more mid bass presence and ever so slightly tighter bass. 

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #306 of 364
  I've only heard the 1PLUS out of those but since it's dicountinued and may be hard to come by you might want to check out these if you decide that's the kind of signature you're looking for:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/810411/easy-earphones-pro-ue-custom-6-ba-iem-impressions-thread

After about a week with them I'm confident to say that they're very similar sounding to the 1PLUS but with a bit more mid bass presence and ever so slightly tighter bass. 

Thank you so much for the response--I am new here and really appreciate the input.  I will check out these--
The price is a lot lower $ 256----I like that.  Sound like these may be an excellent choice given your view--
Thanks!

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #307 of 364
Thank you so much for the response--I am new here and really appreciate the input.  I will check out these--
The price is a lot lower $ 256----I like that.  Sound like these may be an excellent choice given your view--
Thanks!

No worries. I also forgot to mention that the vocals are a bit more forward on the 6BA.

Fwiw I will have my full review of them up in about one weeks time.

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #308 of 364
No worries. I also forgot to mention that the vocals are a bit more forward on the 6BA.

Fwiw I will have my full review of them up in about one weeks time.

I'm really close to putting in my order for the 6Ba with the sterling silver upgrade cord from the site you posted......
Just one more question,if you don't mind.  Somebody recommended the Fender FXA6 $ 399--
The 6Ba with the cord in $302-----
Not concerned about spending more money, just want to get something I really will enjoy--
IF you have any thoughts, would really appreciate your input--Thanks again!

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #309 of 364
Out of curiousity,would the Null Audio Lune MKIII provide a significant improvement in sound quality over the stock cable for this pair of earphones? Currently looking at a few silver cables to replace the stock and this seemed to be one of the more affordable ones. Any recommendations would be welcome as well. Thanks :smile:

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #310 of 364
PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 21, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #313 of 364
Aurosonics plus 1--$500
1964 V3   $500The

Thanks!

The 1Plus is a beautiful sounding IEM. If you are looking for things in a similar price bracket, you might want to include the Campfire Audio Nova in your pool of contenders as well ($500) or the Cardas A8 ($300) - neither are quite the same signature wise as the Aurisonics, but both give a similar feeling of realism and presence to the music that's tough to ignore.

Jul 3, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #314 of 364
Man, I haven't had the 1PLUS for a while but I recently acquired a dual dynamic IEM for $79 -- the TFZ Series 5... A couple of guys have said that it easily compares with their TOTLs (FitEar, Andromeda, JH13FP), some of them even selling their flagships after getting these. My thoughts is that these do almost everything similarly to the Aurisonics, for a fraction of the price. I'm recalling the 1Plus from memory though, and I really enjoyed them for a bit.

They're both very similar in tone, I'd classify as a pretty warm sig slowly tilted towards bass. Both phones' bass has a very good impact and detail. The vocals both share that super smooth, liquidy tone; the Aurisonics vocals have a bit more body and fullness. The detail is there but not the focus of the sound. Its quite surprising how close they are..

I'd love to hear some thoughts if anyone is willing to try them out!!

Jul 3, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #315 of 364
I'll be getting the TFZ 5 in a couple of weeks so I'll be able to compare them directly to the 1Plus.

I don't find the 1Plus tilted towards bass at all though so our impressions may be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back