Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions
Jul 4, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #316 of 364
I've seen Twister6's review on the series 1, but not seem anything on the series 5 on here yet. Where are the other guys posting their info, as spymaster like to look into these further?

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #317 of 364
I've seen Twister6's review on the series 1, but not seem anything on the series 5 on here yet. Where are the other guys posting their info, as spymaster like to look into these further?

series 5 is more technical than series 1

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #318 of 364

I believe that there's been some post in the Chinese thread about them all but nothing in detail.

If I like the 5's I'll most likely start a thread for them if it doesn't already exist by then.

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #319 of 364

It's still pretty cheap though - dual dynamic driver setup (1 12.5mm, one 5mm)? Difficult to tell from the specs - looks worth a speculative punt if it can step into the same bracket as the 1Plus (even if it doesn't quite match up). Any more info anywhere on this one?

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #320 of 364

It's still pretty cheap though - dual dynamic driver setup (1 12.5mm, one 5mm)? Difficult to tell from the specs - looks worth a speculative punt if it can step into the same bracket as the 1Plus (even if it doesn't quite match up). Any more info anywhere on this one?
I believe that there's been some post in the Chinese thread about them all but nothing in detail.

If I like the 5's I'll most likely start a thread for them if it doesn't already exist by then.

Cheers Peter - look forward to hearing your thoughts (if I haven't cracked and picked one up myself first).

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #321 of 364

Cheers Peter - look forward to hearing your thoughts (if I haven't cracked and picked one up myself first).

Yeah, it'll be two weeks before I get to hear my pair so you still got a chance to beat me to it :wink:

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #322 of 364

I probably shouldn't link anything but you can find it by searching for "TFZ series 3 endgame". The poster has a ton of equipment so his ears are no slouch!

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #323 of 364
I probably shouldn't link anything but you can find it by searching for "TFZ series 3 endgame". The poster has a ton of equipment so his ears are no slouch!

end game is an overstatement. that iem is nowhere near end game imo
blink.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #324 of 364
end game is an overstatement. that iem is nowhere near end game imo :blink:

They're probably referring to the quality to price ratio, really makes em question their flagships! One guy sold his fitears, the other stated that he prefers it to his Andromeda and is putting his Andromeda up for sale because of them:wink:

But I personally thought it was a pretty niche sound similar to 1plus, without mods.

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #325 of 364
They're probably referring to the quality to price ratio, really makes em question their flagships! One guy sold his fitears, the other stated that he prefers it to his Andromeda and is putting his Andromeda up for sale because of them:wink:

But I personally thought it was a pretty niche sound similar to 1plus, without mods.

interesting...

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #326 of 364
Personally tried the entire TFZ series. 1, 3 and 5 all sounded nothing like ASG1-plus to me. ALL THREE on the series are seriously tilted towards the sub bass noticeably, whereas the 1Plus tilt towards bass is nothing as big as the TFZ series. Also, the TFZ series was big on sub bass, and the bass tilt on 1Plus is more of a mid bass tilt if any.

They aren't quite as giant killer as people make them out to be. I agree with @audio123 that they are no where near end game. They pose as serious value buys (I myself, am tempted to get a series 5), but they aren't like super crazy good. Big hype, i would say.

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #327 of 364
  Personally tried the entire TFZ series. 1, 3 and 5 all sounded nothing like ASG1-plus to me. ALL THREE on the series are seriously tilted towards the sub bass noticeably, whereas the 1Plus tilt towards bass is nothing as big as the TFZ series. Also, the TFZ series was big on sub bass, and the bass tilt on 1Plus is more of a mid bass tilt if any.

They aren't quite as giant killer as people make them out to be. I agree with @audio123 that they are no where near end game. They pose as serious value buys (I myself, am tempted to get a series 5), but they aren't like super crazy good. Big hype, i would say.

I'm not one that really believes in burn in, but my initial impressions on the Series 5 was that it was way too bassy for my preferences. There is a "mod" that decreases the bass by a tad slight amount that I used, and also felt that its low volume performance was no good. At moderate to high volumes it's very competitive. However, I must say that I felt it improved after using it for some time ... though I normally don't believe in burn in!

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #328 of 364
Hi guys,

Can anyone give me a comparison between the 1 plus and the westone W4R?
From some reading, I've noticed that aurisonics and westone have a relatively similar house sound whereby they are quite mid-centric

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #329 of 364
Hi guys,

Can anyone give me a comparison between the 1 plus and the westone W4R?
From some reading, I've noticed that aurisonics and westone have a relatively similar house sound whereby they are quite mid-centric

I would say the 1+ is a better bet. Westone 4R no doubt is a great sounding product but it does show signs of aging. 1+ has better clarity than 4R and both are pretty mid centric with 1+ sounding better in vocals. Soundstage wise both are about on par. With the better clarity, I would go for 1+.

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #330 of 364
I would say the 1+ is a better bet. Westone 4R no doubt is a great sounding product but it does show signs of aging. 1+ has better clarity than 4R and both are pretty mid centric with 1+ sounding better in vocals. Soundstage wise both are about on par. With the better clarity, I would go for 1+.

Thank you very much!

I like the 4R for their smooth mids and relaxed presentation (in the trebles more specifically).
However I am looking for just a bit more mid-highs and sparkles (if I can)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back