Aune M1P
Mar 14, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #361 of 452
Will a 3.5 mm connection drain the battery more slowly? Is there any difference in sound? I am using a 4.4 mm custom cable and I am considering buying a 3.5 cable so that I can use it with my MacBook and my DAP.
Thank you.

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #362 of 452
I read that there are owners of both Aune M1P and Hidizs AP80 Pro-X DAPs here.
Is the Aune that much better than the Hidizs, or should I look at something more expensive for a significant improvement in sound quality? Especially as regards sound resolution and timbres.
I try to stay compact for portability.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #363 of 452
It's been a year or so since the M1P has released. I really want to buy this DAP for its OS simplicity and sound quality, but want to know if Aune are still committed to releasing firmware updates for this device to fix the issues of SD card compatibility, Bluetooth connection (in & out), gapless playback, not powering on, etc.

Are all of these issues ironed out now or do some still remain, and are there plans to sort them properly?

I note there hasn't been any posts in about 2 weeks. TIA.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #364 of 452
It's been a year or so since the M1P has released. I really want to buy this DAP for its OS simplicity and sound quality, but want to know if Aune are still committed to releasing firmware updates for this device to fix the issues of SD card compatibility, Bluetooth connection (in & out), gapless playback, not powering on, etc.

Are all of these issues ironed out now or do some still remain, and are there plans to sort them properly?

I note there hasn't been any posts in about 2 weeks. TIA.
Mine is running firmware 1.074 and I have experienced no adverse issues at all during operation. The only thing I would like to see added in the next firmware update would be to permit play/pause operation while display is off.

Mar 19, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #365 of 452
Mine is running firmware 1.074 and I have experienced no adverse issues at all during operation. The only thing I would like to see added in the next firmware update would be to permit play/pause operation while display is off.
I'm in the same boat. can't complain. I don't use Bluetooth transmitter, but receiver works well.
I really need to listen attentively to discern a meaningful difference.

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #366 of 452
Thanks for your reply, and that sounds like good news. Sound quality and small form factor are my primary goals. If I'm in the gym I can bluetooth to my wireless earbuds too now I know it does work on the this firmware. Thanks

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #367 of 452
I'm in the same boat. can't complain. I don't use Bluetooth transmitter, but receiver works well.
I really need to listen attentively to discern a meaningful difference.
OK cool, so it works as a streamer from your phone then. That's a bonus.

On the subject of track listing; is it straightforward to play an album in correct order of songs if the tracks are tagged properly? What's a good software for organising tracks these days as I haven't 'tagged and renamed' since 2005! Thanks

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #368 of 452
Thanks for your reply, and that sounds like good news. Sound quality and small form factor are my primary goals. If I'm in the gym I can bluetooth to my wireless earbuds too now I know it does work on the this firmware. Thanks
just make sure either Ur Bluetooth headphones have a strong connection or theyre close to the aune otherwise its gonna get choppy

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #369 of 452
OK cool, so it works as a streamer from your phone then. That's a bonus.

On the subject of track listing; is it straightforward to play an album in correct order of songs if the tracks are tagged properly? What's a good software for organising tracks these days as I haven't 'tagged and renamed' since 2005! Thanks
yes just make sure theyre named 01 not 1

and picard or beets or something will do it

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #370 of 452
yes just make sure theyre named 01 not 1

and picard or beets or something will do it
Nice one! I'll check out both of those softwares.

Now to find an actual one to buy. Seems they're all on pre-order in the US at the mo.

Mar 20, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #371 of 452
So it turns out the Aune M1P is discontinued according to an email I received from Linsoul yesterday. See below...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240320_063257_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240320_063257_Gmail.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 20, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #372 of 452
I still have a problem with my SD Card. The 3rd time since Nov 23 I had to format the card. It is a 1TB Samsung SD-card. I thought a good one. But please give me an advice, if you use another one without any problems.

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #374 of 452
discontinued? eh its like a year old if that lol wth
***Update***

The M1P is not being discontinued. I emailed Aune directly and got a response stating that it was not being discontinued as it's only at the start of a product cycle. Apparently Linsoul is not an authorised retailer for Aune.

I ordered one directly from the official Aune Store in Germany this afternoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back