Aune M1P
Apr 20, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #451 of 456
will they ever discuss the sound of this device in this thread?
comparing this device with other daps?
what a pity that the forum player.ru dead, people there didn't engage in such useless whining about the lack of streaming, bad bluetooth, and other crap...
first of all, the sound is important to us, at what level it can compete with other daps
I miss player.ru too

May 2, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #453 of 456
My m1p lost one screw at the bottom.
@AuneAudio , is there any way to buy the screw somewhere ?
IMG_4237.jpeg

May 2, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #454 of 456
will they ever discuss the sound of this device in this thread?
comparing this device with other daps?
what a pity that the forum player.ru dead, people there didn't engage in such useless whining about the lack of streaming, bad bluetooth, and other crap...
first of all, the sound is important to us, at what level it can compete with other daps
So, I'll try to keep it short. The Aune M1P has a pretty cool sound, but the usability is a bit iffy. I don't really care about that, though, because the main thing is the sound for me. But I have to say that there are some issues.
When the screen locks, you can't pause or rewind a track. You can only switch tracks. In the folder/track menu, holding the down arrow doesn't scroll through tracks/folders. You have to click them one by one, which is annoying. The only good thing is that pressing the right/left button scrolls the page instantly, but if you have a lot of tracks in a folder and want to find one starting with, say, "M", you'll end up pressing the right button like 69,420 times to get to the letter "M".
The keys aren't very convenient either.The volume rocker and lock/power button on the right, and the "back" button on the left , and because this player is shaped like a phone from the 2000s, it's so darn inconvenient. It's easier to navigate the menu with both hands rather than using one hand to twist the player and control it with buttons on all sides with one hand.
Sad moments:
This player messes up with MP3 files, giving them a fierce distortion in the bass drum. Same thing happened with f.audio FA4 and its crappy software. I have some sample files here. It's just regular deep house music, one MP3 at 320 kbps, the other FLAC. Throw it into your Aune and you'll hear the difference in the bass - it whistles in MP3. The file is fine, check it out on any other player. Such BS software, but most of my music is FLAC/WAV/AIFF/DSD so I don't mind it too much.Anyway, the Aiff hasn't been tested yet, but I think it's not going to work with this firmware. I have a lot of Aiffs too... That's all pretty sad.
Sad moments end.
Well, first of all. BASS.
It's not at all the kind of low end you expect from a 9038Q2M... In all the DACs I've tried, there's always this bloated sub-bass and soft mids.
But these are the best basslines I've ever heard (probably). I don't know how the Sabre managed to punch like PCM/R2R and not make the mids sound weird. I've never heard Sabre with such low frequencies, from 9018K2M to 9068 and 9038Pro.
The M1P has crazy low frequency resolution, texture, transfer of vibration, layering.
Bass is like a "spring-loaded" elastic band, very sharp, which allows you to hear the attack and shows maximum rigidity and clarity. At the same time, it's done without sacrificing the SUB(hi QA361 ).
Bass is pretty clean and clear, with no fat or dryness. It sounds great musically, but also with a lot of detail. Some kind of magickery.
The mids are really good. They don't get too musical or dry, and they're great across the whole range.
In the middle, the sound is powerful and assertive, but it's not too heavy or extra. It's just natural. And even though it has a lot of power, there's still a cool level of detail and separation. Again, it doesn't sound dry and fake, it just has a great level of clarity. It manages to combine analogue warmth with digital detail without sounding digital and unnatural. It's like a sabre that's still detailed, but with an analogue touch.Soundstage is huge and bold, which is why M1P focuses so well on individual little details in the music. He brings out the weak parts that you might not have noticed before, like those little things that make up the overall sound.
Treble, man. That treble is awesome. I love Sabre - the right amount of treble with no harsh sibilance. It's so beautiful and clean, without any digital synthetics (X7/M11, hello).
For all my love for good high frequencies, over time, I stopped talking about them in such detail. There's only one thing for me - like or dislike, and I absolutely love it here.
Yeah, their resolution is super high. It really sets top level, even though it's just a single "mobile" DAC and not like 8 DAC modern players have today...
To wrap it up, the player has a character that's different from anything else out there. He manages to have a powerful/assertive delivery, while remaining "modern" detailed, extended, textured, with the highest resolution.
From the very first second, he messes up your expectations for mobile sound. You wouldn't expect a character like that from a mobile device. It's like switching from digital to tape. You expect a clean digital sound, but they give you something with all the good parts of digital and the best parts of tape.
TLDR: some kind of magical crap.
What I own / owned / listened to:
L&P L4ULTRA/L5pro, ONKYO DP-x1, OPUS 1s/2/3, fiio x7pm/m11/m11 plus ESS/m15/m17, A&K 1000/2000/2000T/3000/Kann alpha, LPG, QLS 360LE/361, Oriolus DP100 gold, DX150/220(all amps, including 4/8)/300, hiby r5ii/rs6/r6proii, colorfly's, and all sorts of crap like shanlings, kayins, etc., and this is without adding here to the list of mods, of which I had / have a lot. Truman, DSDs, DX90, various fiio's etc.
There is a lot of listening experience.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19QEgXzecRMpXX3xEpINN8WslTJTr_5WS?usp=sharing

May 2, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #455 of 456
So, I'll try to keep it short. The Aune M1P has a pretty cool sound, but the usability is a bit iffy. I don't really care about that, though, because the main thing is the sound for me. But I have to say that there are some issues.
When the screen locks, you can't pause or rewind a track. You can only switch tracks. In the folder/track menu, holding the down arrow doesn't scroll through tracks/folders. You have to click them one by one, which is annoying. The only good thing is that pressing the right/left button scrolls the page instantly, but if you have a lot of tracks in a folder and want to find one starting with, say, "M", you'll end up pressing the right button like 69,420 times to get to the letter "M".
The keys aren't very convenient either.The volume rocker and lock/power button on the right, and the "back" button on the left , and because this player is shaped like a phone from the 2000s, it's so darn inconvenient. It's easier to navigate the menu with both hands rather than using one hand to twist the player and control it with buttons on all sides with one hand.
Sad moments:
This player messes up with MP3 files, giving them a fierce distortion in the bass drum. Same thing happened with f.audio FA4 and its crappy software. I have some sample files here. It's just regular deep house music, one MP3 at 320 kbps, the other FLAC. Throw it into your Aune and you'll hear the difference in the bass - it whistles in MP3. The file is fine, check it out on any other player. Such BS software, but most of my music is FLAC/WAV/AIFF/DSD so I don't mind it too much.Anyway, the Aiff hasn't been tested yet, but I think it's not going to work with this firmware. I have a lot of Aiffs too... That's all pretty sad.
Sad moments end.
Well, first of all. BASS.
It's not at all the kind of low end you expect from a 9038Q2M... In all the DACs I've tried, there's always this bloated sub-bass and soft mids.
But these are the best basslines I've ever heard (probably). I don't know how the Sabre managed to punch like PCM/R2R and not make the mids sound weird. I've never heard Sabre with such low frequencies, from 9018K2M to 9068 and 9038Pro.
The M1P has crazy low frequency resolution, texture, transfer of vibration, layering.
Bass is like a "spring-loaded" elastic band, very sharp, which allows you to hear the attack and shows maximum rigidity and clarity. At the same time, it's done without sacrificing the SUB(hi QA361 ).
Bass is pretty clean and clear, with no fat or dryness. It sounds great musically, but also with a lot of detail. Some kind of magickery.
The mids are really good. They don't get too musical or dry, and they're great across the whole range.
In the middle, the sound is powerful and assertive, but it's not too heavy or extra. It's just natural. And even though it has a lot of power, there's still a cool level of detail and separation. Again, it doesn't sound dry and fake, it just has a great level of clarity. It manages to combine analogue warmth with digital detail without sounding digital and unnatural. It's like a sabre that's still detailed, but with an analogue touch.Soundstage is huge and bold, which is why M1P focuses so well on individual little details in the music. He brings out the weak parts that you might not have noticed before, like those little things that make up the overall sound.
Treble, man. That treble is awesome. I love Sabre - the right amount of treble with no harsh sibilance. It's so beautiful and clean, without any digital synthetics (X7/M11, hello).
For all my love for good high frequencies, over time, I stopped talking about them in such detail. There's only one thing for me - like or dislike, and I absolutely love it here.
Yeah, their resolution is super high. It really sets top level, even though it's just a single "mobile" DAC and not like 8 DAC modern players have today...
To wrap it up, the player has a character that's different from anything else out there. He manages to have a powerful/assertive delivery, while remaining "modern" detailed, extended, textured, with the highest resolution.
From the very first second, he messes up your expectations for mobile sound. You wouldn't expect a character like that from a mobile device. It's like switching from digital to tape. You expect a clean digital sound, but they give you something with all the good parts of digital and the best parts of tape.
TLDR: some kind of magical crap.
What I own / owned / listened to:
L&P L4ULTRA/L5pro, ONKYO DP-x1, OPUS 1s/2/3, fiio x7pm/m11/m11 plus ESS/m15/m17, A&K 1000/2000/2000T/3000/Kann alpha, LPG, QLS 360LE/361, Oriolus DP100 gold, DX150/220(all amps, including 4/8)/300, hiby r5ii/rs6/r6proii, colorfly's, and all sorts of crap like shanlings, kayins, etc., and this is without adding here to the list of mods, of which I had / have a lot. Truman, DSDs, DX90, various fiio's etc.
There is a lot of listening experience.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19QEgXzecRMpXX3xEpINN8WslTJTr_5WS?usp=sharing
I also prefer non-android daps too. I have used QA360 and Oriolus DP100 before. How are the mids and presentation compared to the dp100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back