1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by xero1, Aug 14, 2016.
First

Back
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last
  1. mbwilson111
  2. maninthehighcastle
    I ordered one at bowers. I'll keep you updated´if it works.

3. mbwilson111
    Please do. I will be very surprised if those connectors fit inside the NO/NH cups.

4. Bern2
    I've ordered the ES100 (thx whoever posted the info) which is a small bluetooth receiver. Going to try it with the NH (or NO if I get one). I have a couple of portables already...but want to try it. The Sony MDR-1ABT is comfy and works well...but the sound is so-so...and the B&W P7 wireless has great (or very good sound)..but they are not the most comfortable.
    Bern

5. infinitum4
    I just dropped my Nightowl! :cry:
    Should I be worried? How durable is the Nightowl? There's no noticeable sound difference so far.

6. Serge Bernamej
    Call 911 now !

7. infinitum4
    Doesn't really help!

8. Joong
    There is no physical damage?
    I noticed the liquid wood can be damaged easily when the pones hit onto hard object.
    My Owl was hit to corner of desk and cracked and chopped out small portion of the thick paint.

9. mbwilson111
    The main worry is that the liquid wood can crack like an eggshell. I have seen photos in the Nighthawk thread. Be happy if yours is intact.

Like @Joong said... they are fragile in that way.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  10. Serge Bernamej
    From experience, I have dropped heavy cans on hard floor (LCD3, HD800), and nothing happened. Still working perfectly after years.
    I must admit i’ve never dropped the NO yet...but if you don’t see/hear any dammage now, you should not worry.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  11. infinitum4
    I didn't see any damage on the liquid wood housing of the earcups, nor any dent (there wasn't a loud enough sound when it dropped, probably because I held the cable with some force when it dropped to the floor).

I'll make sure to be 200% more careful from now on urgh. These cans really sound out of this world for the price and I'm really enjoying using it at office right now.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  12. mbwilson111
    The fragility of the liquid wood is something to consider if you buy a used pair. Be very careful. Ask for closeup photos of every side...or better yet, examine it in person.

13. maninthehighcastle
    Nightowl and liquid wood...did i miss something?

14. mbwilson111
    that is what the earcup shell is made from... there is a description of the process somewhere....

http://personal.audioquest.com/sustainability

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  15. infinitum4
    Are there photos / examples of a pair with damaged liquid wood housing in this thread?

First

Back
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last