1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by xero1, Aug 14, 2016.
First

Back
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Next

Last
  1. Devodonaldson
    I own both though, and enjoy both. I run both balanced and that has given the mids to upper registers a little more energy. Sometimes I want to sit in the back row and relax, other times I want to sit in the middle and get a little more in my face. So, to have both for less than the price of one originally, I'm enjoying my long term audio investment

2. JerryLeeds
    I already have the NOs ... All this talk made me order the NHs while they are still available

Does anyone know how/where I can order a back up for the funky rubber pieces holding the cups to the headband?

3. Joong
    Why do you need those rubber pieces?
    Your NO has broken rubber piece?
    Or you want to have one because it seems the weakest link of the structure?

4. JerryLeeds
    My original post had the phrase "back up".

Which meant, I wanted an extra set of these parts, in case they ever broke in the future

5. JerryLeeds
    I'm really enjoying my NightOwl's right now in my office setup

Shunyata Research - Venom PS8 - Power Distribution Strip
    Desktop Computer - Puget Systems - Serenity
    Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card
    Starlight 7 USB 2.0 Cable (.75M)
    Uptone Audio ISO REGEN
    Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 Linear Power Supply
    Uptone Audio USPCB A>B Adapter
    Schiit Audio Yggdrasil (with USB Gen 5 but not yet upgraded to Analog 2)
    Violectric Audio HPA V280
    Balanced Periapt Cable

6. Soundizer
    I listened to Nighthawks at Canjam LONDON which had the custom made balanced 4pin XLR cable made by Audioquest - going into Schitt Joten.

I have never heard the Nighthawks sound so great, incredible. Eventually I will order the cable. Night and day difference. A bigger more powerful and faster sound.

7. Colors
    Can someone recommend a balanced cable with 2.5mm termination? Haha.

Preferably available in Canada (Amazon or EBay).

8. Serge Bernamej
    If you explain what’s so funny about your question.

9. mbwilson111
    Try searching for Sennheiser HD700 cables... just make sure the connectors are thin enough to go into the cups.

Colors likes this.
  10. Colors
    Thanks!

11. phthora
    At home, I used a Venus Audio cable, which is wonderfully thick and supple. On the go, I use a Dyson Gotham cable, which is even softer (and shorter) and compresses down small enough to fit into the tiny cable bag included with the Owl. I only listened to the stock cable for about four hours, before I switched it out. Something sounded off about it and physically it was hard to deal with. Periapt cables also fit the Owl/Hawk, but I don't use them with mine for the very shallow reason that I don't care for the aggressive R/L indications. Still, they make a great cable.

Colors likes this.
  12. golfinggino
    I can pick up a new pair from a private sale for $200 USD - my main headphones are the hifiman edition x v2 and I was looking for a closed pair for work and was thinking of getting the nightowls. I would be running them off my LG V30 or off my surface book balanced via a fiio q1 mark 2. Anyone use the V30 or the fiio with these headphones and can comment on the sound - also comparison with the HEX V2 would also be appreciated - thanks

13. nwavesailor
    $200 if they are truly 'new' is a no brainer! I have Night Hawks but I'd snag a pair of NO for that price in a second.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  14. phthora
    Seriously! Scoop those up.

15. nwavesailor
    Or ............send the seller my way!

First

Back
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Next

Last