1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by xero1, Aug 14, 2016.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. nmatheis Contributor

I forget if you've heard Nightowl SearchOfSub. From the side by side comparison I did at RMAF, I'd say they're different vs Nighthawk rather than revised or refined. Just my two cents...

2. bavinck
    People are comparing the Nighthawk to the pre-fazor LCD2, that sounds wonderful:)

3. elnero

I don't think I'd personally make that comparison but then it's been awhile since I owned an LCD-2. For the record, I like the NightHawk quite a bit more.

4. Jackpot77

That was my take on them from Canjam London - similar DNA to the NH, but not quite the same. Wish I'd written down notes at the time about the specific differences, but I do remember thinking I'd be happy with either. I keep buying and selling IEMs to try out different sounds, but as far as over ears go, I haven't had the same temptation since I picked up my Nighthawks. Roll on the Audioquest IEM! :wink:

5. nmatheis Contributor
  6. MattTCG
    Still no word on a for sale date on these?

7. Silent Xaxal
    Seriously curious about these.

8. bavinck

I heard early December.

9. SkylarGray
    We just got them stocked in our warehouses globally. NightOwl Carbon and NightHawk Carbon should be available this week.

10. MattTCG

Now that's what I'm talking about! Thank you kindly sir. [​IMG]

11. YtseJamer

Are you going to buy the Carbon and the NightOwl ?

12. MattTCG
    Just the NightOwl. I'm happy with my original NH. 

13. YtseJamer

Ok I thought that you sold your NH.

14. MattTCG
    Nope, listening to it right now. Gumby>Jot>balanced cable>NH = pretty darn good. [​IMG]

15. YtseJamer

Yes they are very good with the Jotun. [​IMG]

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last