AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk
Nov 28, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #62 of 2,528
@SkylarGray are the AudioQuest headphones no longer available at Best Buy/Magnolia stores? I had auditioned a NightHawk there once & was hoping to try out a NightOwl too... I don't see either on their website anymore. I also didn't see Audioquest on the CanJam NYC vendor list, so I won't see you there either....

I gotta hear me some NightOwl!!

Thanks

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #64 of 2,528
Well I'll prabably getting Nightowl Carbons in next week so will leave impression. I have read it keeps Nighthawks tone while more extension in treble. It also comex with New velour pads and closed back for isolation. Just what I needed.

Nov 29, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #65 of 2,528
How much will the closed back version cost and will the ear pads be available to purchase separately? I I can't wait to do a comparison between the hawk and nightowl, I only hope that if it does cost $700 it will be a upgrade and not a "tweak" to a ledgendary headphone.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #66 of 2,528
  @SkylarGray are the AudioQuest headphones no longer available at Best Buy/Magnolia stores? I had auditioned a NightHawk there once & was hoping to try out a NightOwl too... I don't see either on their website anymore. I also didn't see Audioquest on the CanJam NYC vendor list, so I won't see you there either....

I gotta hear me some NightOwl!!

Thanks

I finally was able to stop in and ask...Magnolia has a limited presence on the BestBuy website...they have their own, where the NightHawk is available (yes right now at the steal of $349) and the NightOwl is forthcoming, according to them.

https://www.magnoliaav.com/shop/furniture-accessories/headphones/p/audioquest-nighthawk/

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #69 of 2,528
Yea... i am thinking about the same too... as I do quite a lot of traveling throughout the year., as looking forward to nightowl as it's closed back... but then someone mentioned something about the sound leakage...?

I use the Nighthawk everywhere, no complaints about leakage. I suspect the Nightowl will be fine as a closed headphone for leakage. When I need isolation I grab the IEMs.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #70 of 2,528
Dec 28, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #71 of 2,528
Yea... i am thinking about the same too... as I do quite a lot of traveling throughout the year., as looking forward to nightowl as it's closed back... but then someone mentioned something about the sound leakage...?

I am wondering this too.  I cannot have sound leakage as my mom can be moody when something annoys her.  Anybody know if these leak sound and how bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back