1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by xero1, Aug 14, 2016.
First

Back
113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122
  1. mbwilson111
    Good question. I was considering it at one time but there are so many choices out there that I decided I would rather have something different..a different form factor. I have several closed headphones in my list including the Sennheiser HD630v,
    Shure SRH1540, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, and Meze 99 Neo.

I guess I stayed subscribed to the thread because sometimes it is interesting and having the Nighthawk I have been able to suggest cables at times.

I am worried if I got a Night Owl that I would just end up trying to compare it to the NH instead of just enjoying the music. At this point I don't want/ need more headphones and I have been exploring buds and iems a lot.

trellus likes this.
  2. Colors
    Anyone know an IEM with a similar sound signature/dark/noise free background like the NightOwl?

3. ill Kabong
    I have a set of the 1More Triple Driver Lightning iem’s, I use them straight from my iPhone bc they have a 24/48 dac inside the lightning version. Sounds very similar to my nightowls. They have 1dd and 2 ba’s.

Jearly410 and Colors like this.
  4. ill Kabong
    2304E7BC-3DF7-4A53-9C61-28A27B76FCA4.jpeg F99D5A41-EEF2-44CF-9EED-D8B6EBA44B96.jpeg So I finally finished my first DIY cable for the Nightowl. I used 24 awg neotech stranded up-occ copper, Eidolic connectors, sleeved in paracord, 3.5 balanced. Wanted to try my first cable with something cheaper than the neptech stranded up-occ silver wire in case I screwed up. Tried to make something that would sound and look good with the Nightowl. I’m happy with the results and it definitely sounds good. What do you think?

5. mbwilson111
    That looks gorgeous with it! Nice work.

ill Kabong likes this.
  6. waveSounds
    @ill Kabong Taking orders? That is one fine looking cable.

ill Kabong likes this.
  7. schnesim
    Just got my NighOtwls a couple of days back, so they're way from being broken in.
    Does the bass extension improve when broken in? I'm asking since the frequency response of the bass is way off the measured response from Tyll. Significant roll off from 40Hz downwards and barely noticeable at 30Hz. At first I thought it might be due to my glasses, but without them I got the same results. My bass shy Shure SE-535 have better extension than the NightOwls in their current state. I'm using the pleather pads.

8. ill Kabong
    Ha I wish I had the time to make these, thank you for the compliment though!

Beagle and SteveOliver like this.
  9. AR3T3
    Just grabbed these after much research (current thread included), so far so good. :beyersmile:

THGM likes this.
First

Back
113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122