1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by xero1, Aug 14, 2016.
First

Back
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132
Next

Last
  1. DW75
    If you want a warmish sounding open back headphone, you should strongly consider the Amiron Home. It is quite different from the usual Beyerdynamic headphones, in that it does not have the usual bright sounding mid treble that most Beyers have. Imaging, soundstage, bass impact and extension, dynamics, and retrieval of small details in the music are all extremely impressive on the Amiron. I think you would be extremely impressed with it. In terms of burn in, it reaches its final sound at about 60 hours use.

SteveOliver likes this.
  2. Billheiser
    If you love the Nightowl and the Sundara doesn't please you, then keep the Nightowls!

mbwilson111 likes this.
  3. Goldvein
    All good suggestions.
    I have trouble believing that my first headphone is my perfect headphone. I kinda enjoyed having to go hunting for my perfect match.
    I'll look into the Amiron. I definitely need something with a warmer sound. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake to sell my nightowls

4. waynes world
    That's kind of funny actually - not many headfiers have experienced that.

Consider yourself lucky - and consider yourself having saved a lot of money!

But if you enjoy the hunt, we'll see you back here again in a few years :)

Hi-Fi EDU likes this.
  5. mbwilson111
    What sources do you have to drive them? The Amiron is 250 ohm.

6. mbwilson111
    But, sadly, he sold the NightOwl so now he needs something if the Sundara is only a loaner and he doesn't really like it.

7. Goldvein
    Lol. Maybe i should just consider myself lucky. However When trying the sundaras, I did notice that the detail in the piano was very lacking in the nightowls. So the nightowl sound with more details in mids a treble would be what I'm searching for.

My only source is mi tidal hifi and then through my chord mojo

8. DW75
    The Amiron Home is a perfect upgrade from the Nightowl. You will be very happy. In terms of comfort, the Amiron is also one of the best out there as well.

9. mbwilson111
    Someone familiar with the mojo will know if that is enough for the Amiron. Knowing what your source is always helps people to make suggestions. Also would be good to know your price range.

10. mbwilson111
    Personally, as much as I like my Amiron I do love my Nighthawk more. There is just something about it... plus it is more comfy.

waynes world likes this.
  11. Goldvein
    My price range is right around the amiron. I might take a trip to the audio store next week. With the sundara I learned that nothing beats actually listening to a headphone.
    A store nearby has a refurbished denon ah-d7200 for a good price. It has good reviews but I'm afraid that I will lose a bit of fun compared to the nightowl. Also right now I'm really confused if I actually want an open or closed back.

12. CaptainFantastic
    Quick question. You enjoy the NightHawk so much, how come you never even tried the NightOwl? No curiosity about it, even though you follow the thread? I own both and prefer the NightOwl even though it is a closed-back.

13. x RELIC x Contributor
    More than enough for the 250 Ohm 102dB SPL/mW Amiron.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  14. dmdm
    Yeah I use them to listen to music to go to sleep.

Devodonaldson likes this.
  15. dmdm
    I have both as well and I think they are both great, but my hd800 is outstanding. It blows my sonic mind everytime I put them on.

First

Back
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132
Next

Last