AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Nov 15, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #1,981 of 2,514

Is one of your laptop ports USB 2.0 and the other USB 3.0? If you're on Windows (rather than Mac), did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the device driver in Device Manager?

yup i have both usb 2 and 3. ive tried disabling usb and using windows repair both did not fix it. ill try uninstall/reinstall although i have a feeling its more a hardware problem, but nothing to lose by trying...

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #1,984 of 2,514
Finally received my DF today, so far a great fit with Schiit Vali + Senn HD600.

Here's my stress relief fix... Got a cheap USB hub to rest things on the table:

Still, Dragonfly was hovering a millimetre or two above the surface, so I stuck a couple of rubber feet underneath it (spare from the Fiio E07K box, they give you six instead of four for some reason)... Do you see them?  Now everything is nice and steady.

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #1,985 of 2,514
^^^ Nice job with the feet on the DF Delirious Lab. Nice looking setup.

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #1,986 of 2,514
^^^ Nice job with the feet on the DF Delirious Lab. Nice looking setup.

Or... you get a DragonTail and forget about pressure on the DF USB connector.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #1,987 of 2,514
Dec 2, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #1,988 of 2,514
Please, can anybody tell me the colors that takes the dragonfly logo depending on the playing sample rate? I have the 1.2 version and the logo is always "pink" whether I play Spotify at 320kbps or FLAC at 96khz.

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #1,989 of 2,514
Please, can anybody tell me the colors that takes the dragonfly logo depending on the playing sample rate? I have the 1.2 version and the logo is always "pink" whether I play Spotify at 320kbps or FLAC at 96khz.

It's actually Magenta and that means: 96kHz, which likely means you are playing from your Android phone which won't change sample rates, unless you use something an audio player that does this (can't recall the app that does this for Android).

Google: AudioQuest Dragonfly Manual ... and download the PDF from their web site with setup directions and descriptions of the colors.

Dec 6, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #1,990 of 2,514
Currently I have the HIFImeDIY U2 asynch USB DAC which I am using only as a dac to my headroom headphone amp.      anyone compared the HIFIme to the Dragonfly ?  I am considering giving the dragon a try.
but I am interested to know if I should expect a noticable improvement over the HIFImeDIY dac.

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #1,992 of 2,514

It's actually Magenta and that means: 96kHz, which likely means you are playing from your Android phone which won't change sample rates, unless you use something an audio player that does this (can't recall the app that does this for Android).

Google: AudioQuest Dragonfly Manual ... and download the PDF from their web site with setup directions and descriptions of the colors.

Hi guys,
How it shoud be configured in order to use correctly within Spotify? Right now, the dragonfly logo is aways magenta and It should be green since Spotify Premium is at 320kbps.

See my previous post. Your sound output is locked at 96kHz and has nothing to do with 320 kbps. If you are on a PC, see Sound Control Panel. If you are on a Mac, see Audio MIDI Setup.

Google... read... experiment. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,993 of 2,514
See my previous post. Your sound output is locked at 96kHz and has nothing to do with 320 kbps. If you are on a PC, see Sound Control Panel. If you are on a Mac, see Audio MIDI Setup.

Google... read... experiment. 

Thank you. Finally I unerstood. But i think this configuration method is quite complicated, I explain some situations, please If I'm wrong, correct me:

1) You want to listen mp3 at 320kbs, like Spotiy -> You must go to Windows Control Panel, and set the DragonFly at 24/44 -> Then you can play the song.
2) You want to listen FLAC at 24/96 -> You must go to Windows Control Panel, and set the DragonFly at 24/96 -> Then you can play the song.

Is this the way to proceed? Can it be set always at 24/96 throught control panel and then play whatever the song you want or does this get worse the sound quality?

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #1,994 of 2,514
Thank you. Finally I unerstood. But i think this configuration method is quite complicated, I explain some situations, please If I'm wrong, correct me:

1) You want to listen mp3 at 320kbs, like Spotiy -> You must go to Windows Control Panel, and set the DragonFly at 24/44 -> Then you can play the song.
2) You want to listen FLAC at 24/96 -> You must go to Windows Control Panel, and set the DragonFly at 24/96 -> Then you can play the song.

Is this the way to proceed? Can it be set always at 24/96 throught control panel and then play whatever the song you want or does this get worse the sound quality?

Correct. And, yes, it's complicated. What most folks do is download a music player that will automagically switch the sample rate to match the track you are playing. For Windows, I highly recommend J.River Media Center and for the Mac, try BitPerfect or Audirvana+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back