Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Sep 16, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #152 of 906
Thanks for the suggestion. This is the first time i herd of the PRO05MK2. Just received my M50 pads. YES!!! The MK2 is reborn.. Such a difference in comfort. The sound is better now but that might just be my attitude for these have changed.  If you buy the MK2 don't hesitate to get the M50 pads. The M50 pads are not made for the MK2 but they work better than the original. 

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #155 of 906
Thanks for the suggestion. This is the first time i herd of the PRO05MK2. Just received my M50 pads. YES!!! The MK2 is reborn.. Such a difference in comfort. The sound is better now but that might just be my attitude for these have changed.  If you buy the MK2 don't hesitate to get the M50 pads. The M50 pads are not made for the MK2 but they work better than the original. 

Do they fit strange? Prone to fall off? Seal better? I'm pretty curious about everything having to do with the PRO700's, I want to audition a pair so bad with some bassy chip tune.

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #157 of 906
Is there pictures man? With the silver beyer pads?

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #158 of 906
Hey newbie to head-fi here ^

I'm dying to get hold of these headphones just can't seem to find them anywhere in the UK, their all japan imports? :frowning2:

Also by switching to the DT250 pads did you notice any more sound leaking? 

Thanks!

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #159 of 906
@Butler - I only ordered the all black versions, so no go on pics of the silver ones.
@NinetyOne - Welcome to HeadFi!  Sorry about your wallet salutation LOL!  I think Amazon has a dedicated UK site, you might be able to get them there.  The DT250 pads leak just a hair more than the stock or M50 pads.  Hardly anything to worry about even if the music is a little more than moderate volume, which is great.

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #161 of 906

Quote:
@Butler - I only ordered the all black versions, so no go on pics of the silver ones.
@NinetyOne - Welcome to HeadFi!  Sorry about your wallet salutation LOL!  I think Amazon has a dedicated UK site, you might be able to get them there.  The DT250 pads leak just a hair more than the stock or M50 pads.  Hardly anything to worry about even if the music is a little more than moderate volume, which is great.

Ok thanks, yes that's the only place I can find them on amazon but like I said their imported from japan and I don't trust any sound hardware coming from that end of the world, too many fakes of headphones (especially IEM's)

I'd be looking at using these phones on the bus/train etc aswel as at home, these would be my first pair of proper headphones although I do have a pair of tannoy V4 speakers :wink:

I listen to alot of dubstep/vocals but I also like to listen to some rock/dnb/indie/grime etc

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #162 of 906

Quote:
Audio Technica making a bass heavy headphone? I'm very interested in trying these. Perhaps for Christmas!

And while Santy Claus delivers you the MK2's, he can give me a AK-47, a 24-piece bucket, and some self-cleaning, flame-retardant drawers for the unusual extended listening session.

biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #163 of 906

Quote:
Ok thanks, yes that's the only place I can find them on amazon but like I said their imported from japan and I don't trust any sound hardware coming from that end of the world, too many fakes of headphones (especially IEM's)

I'd be looking at using these phones on the bus/train etc aswel as at home, these would be my first pair of proper headphones although I do have a pair of tannoy V4 speakers :wink:

I listen to alot of dubstep/vocals but I also like to listen to some rock/dnb/indie/grime etc

Oh, sorry about that.  Maybe someone can chime in to help notify where we can get you a pair, I personally aint got a clue.  In addition, the MK2's are great at rock tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back