Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Oct 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #181 of 906
Can't comment about 1, although it should break in- even if you have to put it on a melon.

The sound source, of course, will effect the quality. You won't notice notice so much the fact that it's coming from your iPod being an issue- the DAC in the iPod isn't terrible. It's nothing to write home about, but it could be a lot worse. What will effect your music the most is the quality of the source itself- I highly recommend checking out FLAC Player for iOS. If you're pumping out 128 KBS MP3's through those cans you're going to (or at least should) hate your life.

A-T Headphones are generally easy to drive, however, most benefit to different degrees from amplification. The impedance is only 38 ohms so they'll work fine, however amplification may afford you a fuller and stronger sound.

Oct 7, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #184 of 906
You do realize that you rock for explaining that in full detail so even a n00b like me can understand right?

Some guys around here try to be intimidating and holier than thou about this hobby, and it's really unnecessary. I try my best. I don't know everything, but I know about what matters most, and AT cans are my specialty… And by specialty I mean I don't really know anything besides them.

Any good place to order these? I live in Toronto Canada.

Any authorized AT Dealer. That way you won't end up with a knock off, or worse. The list is on their site.

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #185 of 906
I'm reawakening a thread for a good reason: I just got these 3 days ago and I wanted to say I luv them. The SQ is excellent, but the pads do suck. I placed cotton batting inside the earpads to give them more depth, and I'm going to get some cotton cording/rope 3/8" thick and replace the cotton that I'm using now. I'll die the material black & it'll be invisable to the common viewer. All in all tho - a real A+++ winner!!!

beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #186 of 906

Quote:
I'm reawakening a thread for a good reason: I just got these 3 days ago and I wanted to say I luv them. The SQ is excellent, but the pads do suck. I placed cotton batting inside the earpads to give them more depth, and I'm going to get some cotton cording/rope 3/8" thick and replace the cotton that I'm using now. I'll die the material black & it'll be invisable to the common viewer. All in all tho - a real A+++ winner!!!

beerchug.gif

Sweet!  I've still got mine as well, will probably never let go either.  Even to this day, no other phone does bass like this one.

Nov 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #187 of 906
I am gonna have to re buy one. Cus I need to hear them bass notes again!!. Check this out Karl! Pro700Mk2 50th anniversary Edition. Listed at $449.99 @ audio cubes. Damn sexy.!

Nov 19, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #188 of 906

Quote:
I am gonna have to re buy one. Cus I need to hear them bass notes again!!. Check this out Karl! Pro700Mk2 50th anniversary Edition. Listed at $449.99 @ audio cubes. Damn sexy.!

Sup D!  Those look mighty sweet...Love that gold trim :)  Hate that ridiculous price!  I wonder if the specs are different...

Nov 19, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #189 of 906
Damn sexy indeed but if it wouldn't have different drivers then they would have even worse sound quality / price ratio than Beats Studios...

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #190 of 906
Just got a pair of these about 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying them. Comfort is a little better than I had feared, and the SQ, while indeed colored, is FUN! They've exceeded my expectations, I honestly wasn't sure I was going to like them.

Would like to do the DT250 velour pad mod ASAP. Does anybody know where they are in stock? I can't find them anywhere - here are the two places I've found that list them out of stock:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/313962-REG/Beyerdynamic_942704_Padded_Earcushions_for_DT250_DT280.html

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DT250Earpad/

Couldn't find them on Amazon at all (not even under the other EDH200 listing). Please help!

I suppose if I can't find them anywhere in-stock, I'll just place an order with sweetwater and wait patiently...look forward to improved comfort with the velour pads!
Also, if the DT250 velours aren't considered the best pad mod, do let me know!

Cheers,
phil

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #191 of 906
Here's just one rig it sounds fantastic with, and without my little Digiziod ZO at that!!!

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics!!!

Nov 21, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #194 of 906

Quote:
What pad/mod is that? Looks awesome!

Cheers,
phil

It's the same pad, w/a length of 3/8" hollow core poly cord and a cotton shoelace in the middle. It adds the depth the stock pads lack, and the shoelace gives the cord more solidity (so it doesn't crush). Overall, the HP's are a bit snug, but the SQ is utterly fantastic. And regarding the bass, it's not as big as I'd heard they would be - and I'm glad of that. I luv 'em!!!

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #195 of 906
Oh man.  Karl and Dsnuts...  you guys are killing me.   I've had my heart set on buying these for the last three months.  I've been saving my pennies and  was going to order the 700s this Monday!  But then I saw Dsnuts post...   And everyone starts agreeing with him that these cans are bad?  That a pair of $50 kickers are better???   

So Karl,  If you had to do it all over again would you just buy the Kickers and pass on the 700MKS?     

Here's my deal, I am currently using the Sony MDR-V6s and I like them alot but I wanted to try something more 'fun' and less analytical.  I wanted something with a warmer sound and more umph in the bass.   When I read you're review on amazon I though I had found my new phones.  Then Dsnuts went and screwed it all up.  
tongue_smile.gif
    I just really like the Idea of trying some bass heavy cans for a change of pace.    I feel lost now.   And then just to mess with me more, A couple of posts above Dsnuts says -

I am gonna have to re buy one. Cus I need to hear them bass notes again!!

Seriously, you guys are killing me...  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back