Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Aug 24, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #136 of 906

Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how is the bass on these compared to the DT 770s? Also do these need an amp? If so would a cMoyBB do well?

Compared to DT770 consumer edition, the bass on the MK2 definitely has more quantity and impact.  Both go deep bass-wise though the highs on the Beyer are more lively.  To the DT770 pro 80 ohm, they are both similar in speed and quantity, with the edge being given to the MK2's.  The MK2's bass is a touch tighter as well than the pro's.  Both will rumble with subsonic bass however.  The MK2's do not need an amp, volume was the only thing that actually changed in the sound.  I also have a CmoyBB and have used it with that.  Besides the increase in volume, the sound was clean and crisp with the Cmoy, It didn't take anything away, but it did make the music a touch more airier between the notes, a welcome effect.

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #138 of 906

Quote:
Help!!! Where can i purchase M50 pads for my MK2??? The mk2 pads really hurt..........

Sweetwater.com has them, but they're out of stock again.
I told them they need to try harder to keep them in stock, so hopefully they get more this time.
I'm wanting to get another pair too. They're $9 for each side and that's a fair price.

They also fit the DJ100 and Kicker HP541/Monoprice headphone.

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #139 of 906
Already ordered from sweetwater.com but that was almost three weeks ago. They still do not have them in stock.  Do you know if sweetwater is reliable? Do you know another source for M50 ear pads?

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #141 of 906

Quote:
Already ordered from sweetwater.com but that was almost three weeks ago. They still do not have them in stock.  Do you know if sweetwater is reliable? Do you know another source for M50 ear pads?

I've bought 3 pairs of M50 pads from sweetwater.  They have excellent customer service and ship fast - I would contact them about this issue.  You can also order from Headroom, but their shipping cost is not free, yet the pads are the same price.

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #142 of 906

Quote:
Hi anyone tried velour pads on the MK2? I mean can the velour pads such as the dt250 pads being used on the m50 also fit the MK2?

I can say with almost certainty that the Beyer DT250 pads will fit on the MK2's, especially since the pads can also be fitted on the M50's as well as the M50 stock pads can fit on the MK2's.  Check the bottom of the review for a quick say on what the velours sound like on the MK2's.  It's brief because I didn't like the audio change.

Sep 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #143 of 906

Quote:
I can say with almost certainty that the Beyer DT250 pads will fit on the MK2's, especially since the pads can also be fitted on the M50's as well as the M50 stock pads can fit on the MK2's.  Check the bottom of the review for a quick say on what the velours sound like on the MK2's.  It's brief because I didn't like the audio change.

Yup read your review. But you use the DT990 pads, I heard from somewhere that the beyers pad for all models are design specifically for their own individual model. Thus the DT990 pads meant for open cans and does not suit the MK2 as bass will be tone down. So DT250 or perhaps DT770 pads would be better since they are meant for close cans.

Sep 7, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #145 of 906

Quote:

Yup read your review. But you use the DT990 pads, I heard from somewhere that the beyers pad for all models are design specifically for their own individual model. Thus the DT990 pads meant for open cans and does not suit the MK2 as bass will be tone down. So DT250 or perhaps DT770 pads would be better since they are meant for close cans.

You are absolutely correct, and thanks for enlightening me as well!  That now gives me a great idea - I need to get some of the 250 or 770 pads myself.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #146 of 906
Let me know where you find the 250 pads.  Still waiting for my m50 pads to arrive.  Hopfully the new pads will make all the difference. These haedphone are ok for now. Still burning them in. As of now i can only stand listening for about 1 hour before i get tired.  The sound does seem to have changed in just one week of use.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #148 of 906
It would be interesting to see MK2's with DT770 pads.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #149 of 906
Still using MK2 but I might start looking for another closed back headphone. I have the Q701 but it is an open back headphone that requires a good amp and a quiet place. Still waiting for the ear pads. 

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #150 of 906
If you don't mind importing from Japan like I did, the ATH-PRO5MK2's are like a monitoring version of the M50's. Less base, great seal around the air, a lot of passive noise cancelation. I'd suggest taking a look, they're considerably more balanced than the 700's… but if you like bass, I'm not sure why you'd want anything besides the 700s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back