Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread
Oct 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #466 of 787
I picked up the ATH-ESW9 on Amazon for $149 refurbished.  I've had them for a few weeks now and I really like them.  Not only are they absolutely beautiful and comfortable, they sound terrific.  I'm accustomed to my HD650s and the ESW9 has a familiar quality. Warm and detailed.  This is a perfect portable solution for me.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #467 of 787
Saw that amazon esw9 refurbished listing, is it genuine? Im about to check out but pulled back thinking it might be a fake? Anyone can give some highlights if they are the real deal

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #468 of 787
I bought the refurbished ones through Amazon recently and they are definitely genuine, even come with a manufacturer's warranty.

Loving these things! Super comfy and portable. Closed enough to give me some isolation while taking the subway, but not enough to make me miss my stop. Damn near perfect city headphones. Still breaking mine in, but the sound has already opened up quite a bit.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #469 of 787
Got mine a while ago from a Japanese seller on ebay when they weren't available on amazon.com. I was so glad they turned out to be the real deal; I only heard about the fakes after I ordered >_<

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the sound and fit and look. They could isolate a bit better, but I guess you can't have everything. (I don't like turning the volume up too much.)

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #470 of 787
  I bought the refurbished ones through Amazon recently and they are definitely genuine, even come with a manufacturer's warranty.

Loving these things! Super comfy and portable. Closed enough to give me some isolation while taking the subway, but not enough to make me miss my stop. Damn near perfect city headphones. Still breaking mine in, but the sound has already opened up quite a bit.

Cool~!, i just bought them last night refurbished from Amazon too. i think they are now gone
Did u get the same too? Sold by Dealville?

Then again, how can i tell if its a fake/genuine when it shows up on my door

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #471 of 787
Cool~!, i just bought them last night refurbished from Amazon too. i think they are now gone
Did u get the same too? Sold by Dealville?

Then again, how can i tell if its a fake/genuine when it shows up on my door

I also ordered these from dealville over the weekend and they're on their way. I ordered these on Saturday and they had 8 left in stock. Now they are sold out so I'm glad I picked these up while I could. :cool:

They said that they were an authorized dealer and they also have lots of positive reviews so I think its genuine. I can only tell when they arrive.

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #472 of 787
Remove the pads and if there's a blue ring on the driver diaphragm, they're real.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #475 of 787
Actually it the blue seems to be above and the coil is actually gold further in but that is a good way to tell anyway.

Also I have noticed that the speckled plastic is of a different smoother and higher pitched plastic than the esw10&esw11 plastic.
This leads me to believe that further clarity can be achieved by damping this plastic inside.
Will be testing soon
:)

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #476 of 787
It's worth repeating:
Always be careful when buying ESW-9 and ESW-10.
I bought a fake pair of ESW-10.
They certainly didn't sound as good as the real ESW-9 that I currently own.

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #479 of 787
the clamping pressure is still too much for longer listening periods.
3.gif

No!
Lol just kidding BUT:
IT IS one of the easiest bands to stretch open.
:)

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #480 of 787
Got mine in today and they're definitely the real deal.  The pads even seem a little softer than the older pair than I have, but I'm not sure of that is attributable to age.  I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the white cardboard box and noticed the 1 year warranty was through audio technica and not through dealville.  Amazing deal for the price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back