Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread
Jul 27, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #631 of 787

does the above c/w the headphone?  IF not, where do you buy the above? 

Anyhoo, I have some concern about wood headphone.  In my 10 yr. of usage on my sony V900, there have been a few times that I accidentally bang the side of the headphone against something.  Now, no scratches though, flawless.

But w/ wood, if I bang the side, the wood would be finish, so it becomes hard to maintain an accident free record in a many yr. of usage

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #633 of 787
updated from es7....quite satisfy with the performance of esw9a....

but i miss the strong bass in es7....
triportsad.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #634 of 787

does the above c/w the headphone?  IF not, where do you buy the above? 

Anyhoo, I have some concern about wood headphone.  In my 10 yr. of usage on my sony V900, there have been a few times that I accidentally bang the side of the headphone against something.  Now, no scratches though, flawless.

But w/ wood, if I bang the side, the wood would be finish, so it becomes hard to maintain an accident free record in a many yr. of usage

I didn't receive that case with the headphones.  Instead I bought the Sony Nav-U which, when the headband is in the fully down position, fits them like a glove.  Having a pocket to put the cable into, a mesh holder for spare sd cards, as well an elastic strap to store my Fiio X3 sure is nice.  Note that I flipped the 'phones over as usually I like the double padding against the wood.

In regards to your question about the wood...I am super clumsy and have rapped up against a few items.  Hearing that knock on the door sound is sickening...but you see how well they've held up.

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #635 of 787
lucky for you.  I have hit the side of my headphone 5 times that I can remember, most likely more, and yet, due to it's metal, no even a scratch, I was expecting at least a scratch, so I got lucky too

Aug 23, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #641 of 787
Heh heh, my ath-esw9 has been adopted by my 3 year old son now for traveling movies.

Sacrilege i hear you scream.

Nope.

When she was 5 I handed down to my daughter my ath-m50s to get her started.  I assumed she'd be a complete imbecile/klutz like her dad and wanted to make sure she had something rugged.  I'm glad she proved me wrong.  She's now on the ath-ad900x for at home and ath-es88 for her out and about time and has been pining after the w5000x...doesn't appreciate when I tell her to get a job and she can buy them.

Get them in the Audio Technica family early and keep them there.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #642 of 787
Hi,

Today I bought a pair of ATH-ESW9. Last month I had a chance to hear what this baby offers exactly and I loved how it sounded. This is way better than my Momentums. Soundstage is great especially with iBasso DX90 but not that warm. However, it's a bit boomy with warm sources but not in a bad way believe me. Lots of headphones out there mids are recessed comparing to this. I guess this thread is silent enough so I wanted to share my thoughts to make people who don't own this wooden ATH feel curious.

Cheers :)

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #643 of 787
My current portables are JVC HA-S680 and I'm thinking of replacing them with the Audio Technica ATH-ESW9A.
(My current preferred at home headphones are the ATH-W1000X).
Anyone have any regrets buying the ESW9/ESW9A headphones?

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #644 of 787
  My current portables are JVC HA-S680 and I'm thinking of replacing them with the Audio Technica ATH-ESW9A.

If you appreciate a nice full midrange on a portable can, I doubt you will be disappointed.  No regrets here.

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #645 of 787

No regrets!
They are a fine headphone!
A nice warm sound and can be easily driven by IPhones and iPods and iPads.
They don't really seem to respond to better amplification, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back