Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #947 of 1,113
Hello guys, I love my ES10 but would like to get new cups as they are too scratched and possibly a better cable. Any shop or DIYer can help me do that? Changing the cups is easy but sourcing them...

I found these worked really well on mine, http://www.bestskinsever.com/audio-technica-ath-es7-headphone-skins, they fit the round part in the center and conform well to the curved edges, not too pricy either. 

Feb 26, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #952 of 1,113
Recabled the ES10 a day after receiving it.

Hi cCasper TFG

What are your thoughts after the recabling? What cables are those? Thanks

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #955 of 1,113
  The ES10 is worth the higher price tag and it is more comfortable imo.

thanks for the quick response brother :) 

Yeah, well I'm looking for something that I can use whenever we go travelling or for on the go use, no matter how little we do in fact travel I still find that the Yamaha EPH-100's are too uncomfortable for my ears, which is why I'm selling them. Not to say that they are not in fact uncomfortable but I never seem to be able to wear them or any IEMS for long periods of time, Besides the Jaybirds bluebuds X earphones, the wings seem to work great for me.

there's a used ES10 on ebay used for $269 and @Young Spade is selling his ES10's as well..if I can find one for the right price I'll give them a go. however the ES700's are only AU$189 in Australia and for what they are going to be used for there's no point lashing out 100's of dollars.   

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #958 of 1,113
I have tried both. Both sound to me better, than any other portable headphone i have tried. I kept ES10 and gave away ES700. ES10 are slightly more comfy with default pads and much more comfy with real leather pads from ESW11LTD. ES10 isolate outside noise better thanks to bigger pads, but they dont isolate enough for bus/train/noisy street. As the sound goes... i did compare them few times side by side and ES10 always sounded better. ES10 have deeper and stronger bass,better clarity, a bit V-shaped signature - more drums and sparkle/details. ES700 sound veiled compared to them and a bit boring. ES700 have more focus on mid - voice and string instruments.

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #959 of 1,113
My cable on ES10 is finally broken. Jack connector lost all of it's gold and is full of scratches and when i move cable in certain way, it cracks in left channel. Could you recommend, what should i replace it with? Also. Is it hard to do it at home? I know at least two people here did swap their cables, so if you would be so kind and share your experience.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #960 of 1,113
i was at headphone shop to replace broken cable on es10, so i also listen few of the headphones... ath m50x, es700, senheiser hd600 and some expensive grado headphones (over 500US dollars). None of them sounded to me as good as my es10. Only senheiser came on same level, but without those sweet low frequencies of es10. I also remember, that last time i was in headphone shop, i came to same conclusion with many other headphones like senheiser momentum, hd25.. only more expensive headphones i still didn't get chance to compare to es10 are those from sony... btw i also tried ibasso dx90 and fiio x5 players and didn't like their sound either compared to my Studio 3rd. That was especially quite something i didn't expect. Anyway. Congrats to all owners of es10. They are truly the best portables and one of the top even compared to big open expensive headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back