Audio-Gd Reference 10
Nov 23, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #182 of 431
Quote:
Ah well, I've taken the plunge on one of these, so I guess it will be me feeding back on how I find the HE-6 with the Reference 10.

What did that end up costing you in NZ$ incl shipping ?  Wish you all the best of enjoyment with it - >>>> Envious :)

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #183 of 431
Quote:

$2700NZD all up.

It's awaiting pickup for me at the airport tomorrow morning (I live a few minutes away).

Can't wait to hear how it goes with my HE-6. Also curious to know whether my LCD-2 improve with the extra power.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #184 of 431
Looking forward to your impressions.  I was-am really pleased with my LCD 2.2s and the Ref 10.32.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #185 of 431
Quote:

$2700NZD all up.

It's awaiting pickup for me at the airport tomorrow morning (I live a few minutes away).

Can't wait to hear how it goes with my HE-6. Also curious to know whether my LCD-2 improve with the extra power.

thats not too bad at all -  thought it would be more than that - 

i have had audio gd envy for the past few years - nearly ordered a ref 7 but ended up going for the wyred 4sound dac2 which was about $2500 all up - but time for a change next year so keen to see how your experience goes

If you want to listen to a pair of HD800's i would be happy to loan them to you - just send me a pm if you want

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #186 of 431
Quote:
thats not too bad at all -  thought it would be more than that - 

i have had audio gd envy for the past few years - nearly ordered a ref 7 but ended up going for the wyred 4sound dac2 which was about $2500 all up - but time for a change next year so keen to see how your experience goes

If you want to listen to a pair of HD800's i would be happy to loan them to you - just send me a pm if you want

Hi, thanks for the offer - would love to audition some HD800s. PM sent.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #187 of 431
Installing Reference 10.32. I seem to have some issue to get the driver working, and I can only configure up to 48k sample rate, and 24k bit rate on HIEND USB Sound Deck. Cant play KS on foobar, and on DS the sound is breaking up.  And Windows pop up at times saying the device can perform faster, even if I connect to USB3.

Anyone had this issue? I suspect this could be due to cable, I might grap another USB2.0 cable tomorrow and see if this solves the issue...

Btw I'm using Win7 64 bit.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #189 of 431
Thanks, USB3 was for testing only, I switch back to USB2 already.

Currently on 32/192, Foobar can detect Reference 10.32, but now the song stops after 10 seconds or so, I have yet to finish listen to a single piece of...

The breaking up issue is actually now partial resolved, when I move the files out from USB drive to a SATA drive the issue is gone, seems like my PC cant handle the transfer of reference 10.32 and USB drive together...

Update:
After some testing seems like 24bit improved the situation, not by much. The song stops after approx. 5 minutes... In pass experience this seems to be data transfer issue between reference and pc... But I have no idea how to fix it beside getting another cable... Welcome any suggestions...

Update 2.
After changing to 5USD aluminum braided with ferrite core, foobar manage to play in 32/192 up to 40 minutes rather than 10 seconds. So what next? Get a audio USB cable gold plated connector? Looks liku the only missing thing in my 5USD cable. :p maybe situation will improve, but let't see.

If you don't want to run into cable war you could message me. I believe in shielding, but probably will not invest more than 50USD...

Update 3:
So far 5 hours and problem seemed to go away. Finger crossed. Now I can spend some time to appreciate the awesomeness of reference 10.32! Also playing from USB drive is not an issue now.

I spent a good portion of my savings on this I hope it can at least work flawlessly!

Update 4: Feb 07, 2013
Pangea Audio USB cable arrived and I have been testing it for the pass 2 days. All problem came back. I have tested it with every USB conneciton point on the PC, reinstalling the driver every time, bringing back the memory of blue screens, reduced bid rate and sample rate, device not recognized, song breaking up, etc etc. I changed back to my 5 USD ferrite core cable. I think my PC LOVES ferrite core.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #190 of 431
After three happy years with my Audio GD combo DAC19MK3 + C2C + K702 it seems it is about right time for an upgrade while the PCM1704 are still available. At first I was thinking just about replacing the DAC19MK3 by the Reference-5.32 but after reading this thread I am about to take the plunge and replace my combo with the Reference 10.32. I simply can't aford separate DAC + PreAmp combo (Master 7 + Master 8) so the Ref 10 is the highest Audio GD product I can get my hands on now.

Since there are some ppl who already went the same route here: from the DAC19MK3 to the Ref 10 I am wondering how big SQ improvement this upgrade is going to bring. I plan to upgrade my K 702 to something better later but for now I need to keep them. From what I've read the Ref 10 is capable of driving almost all high-end cans right? But maybe K702 will be just fine :wink:

I also love the PMD100 hardware HDCD decoding, but with the DSP-1 it will be gone right? Is the DSP-1 capable of HDCD decoding?

Thank you, Martin

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #191 of 431
Never mind. After some emails from Mr. Kingwa I've placed an order for the Ref 10 (TCXO) today.

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #192 of 431
Well, I just got my Reference 10.32 in today. Coming from the audio-gd Fun version B (so, kinda a big jump). Everything sounds awesome, but I'm having one slightly nagging issue. Whenever I'm I changing tracks (almost always) in foobar, I get a popping noise. It also happens when I click on the windows volume icon too fast. I'm running via usb w/ the tcxo upgrade. Other than the popping and the disappointment in the recording quality of some of my lossless collection, I'm thrilled! I'll post back if I discover more.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #193 of 431
Before placing my order I've asked Mr. Kingwa about some of other AGD products and combos.
This is what he wrote me:

1. The Reference 10 DAC is better than the Reference 5 on power supply.
  2. So Reference 10 DAC is better than Reference 5 + Master 8 .
  3. The Reference 5 is match with the NFB6 but not as good as Reference 10.

That was why I went for the Ref 10 as it seems to be the best of the line (Master7+Master8 combo aside).

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #194 of 431
Well, nearing the 125th-ish hour of burn-in on my Reference 10. I don't have any other headphones to test it with (yet) and have heard no other amp/dacs in it's class (yet), but i'm enjoying myself. The popping issue is still there and seems to be related to the bandwidth of sound over usb. I haven't tried it with something running dynamic sound such as games, but I will in the near future.

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #195 of 431
Quote:
Installing Reference 10.32. I seem to have some issue to get the driver working, and I can only configure up to 48k sample rate, and 24k bit rate on HIEND USB Sound Deck. Cant play KS on foobar, and on DS the sound is breaking up.  And Windows pop up at times saying the device can perform faster, even if I connect to USB3.

My Reference 10.32 arrived today. What a beast - huge and heavy. No problems over Coax from Foobar thru M2Tech HiFace. But  when I tried playback thru USB I had the same problem - sample rate up to 48kHz only. Any help how to solve it? Using Windows Vista 32. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back