Audio-gd Phoenix balanced headphone amp.
Jul 22, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #1,711 of 3,352
I didn't completely understand what he said.
Did someone understand Kingwa's message more than I did?

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #1,712 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't completely understand what he said.
Did someone understand Kingwa's message more than I did?

I would guess Kingwa's implying that the Cardas has a flavor of its own but isn't a neutral one which is what he strives for. Moreover, that person who suggested using Cardas liked what he hears because he likes the Cardas flavored/colored sounded.

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #1,713 of 3,352
Oh okay then!
So there is no SQ improvement. All you get is some sort of flavor no matter if you use Litz cable type 1 or type 2.

In that case, I'll stick with neutrality and the way the Phoenix was meant to sound.

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #1,715 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eric sent me another message and says he does not want anyone to feel that Kingwa is not using good cable. He also says there will be no sound improvement on CAST from rewiring it and certainly not to touch the wire on the inputs of the Ref-1 DAC.

Who is Eric? I'm getting confused.

Anyway, if someone gets the mods, it would be nice to do as ServinginEcuador suggested.

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #1,716 of 3,352
Are you talking about Eric from France?
His english is not very good. There could have been some bad communication going on.
I'm a frenchie too.
biggrin.gif

How can I contact him to find out what his thoughts are on the issue?

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #1,717 of 3,352
I think its the guy from Hong Kong that uses A-GD stuffs.. (only increases the chances of miscommunication.. although I am sure PJ understood correctly) One of his communication with PJ is posted on Page 111 and he clearly seems to say Cardas cables (in/output lead) seems to have brought out the best in A-GD gears and he suggests PJ to try the same with Phoenix - no mention about CAST though.

Jul 22, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #1,718 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh okay then!
So there is no SQ improvement. All you get is some sort of flavor no matter if you use Litz cable type 1 or type 2.

In that case, I'll stick with neutrality and the way the Phoenix was meant to sound.

Ultimately, it's all "flavor." From the making of the instruments, to the performance, to the recording, to the recording's mixing and mastering, and so on down the line.

k

Jul 22, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #1,721 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The idea of a loaner Phoenix is a good one IMO.

I would be very very interested in this. Perhaps it could make a stop in Hong Kong on the way to the US or wherever. I could compare it with my GS-X and my newly arrived balanced Beta22.

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #1,722 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The idea of a loaner Phoenix is a good one IMO.

It's a good idea, but at the same time, I don't think shipping 50lbs of amp around continuously is a good idea either.

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #1,723 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a good idea, but at the same time, I don't think shipping 50lbs of amp around continuously is a good idea either.

Details, details...
wink_face.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #1,724 of 3,352
How many people will want to borrow one when they have to provide shipping and a valid C/C that would be preauthorized for the entire amount (Security).

Not to mention that Audio-gd is not set up for taking C/C's so the logistics would be a nightmare.

There's probably already enough out in the field in the US that they should be showing up at most meets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back