Audio-gd Phoenix balanced headphone amp.
Jul 21, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #1,696 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kingwa should make Bob's old amp a demo amp that he sends around to prospective purchasers.

It isn't a bad idea at all and I really support that, I would also (personally) consider that as a very good business move. In fact I think it was with Compass that I suggested him to do something like this - and (if I am not mistaken) its happened here in Head-fi before when a manufacturer has passed around gear for demo purposes (not sure it was something as heavy as Phoenix, but mostly headphones). Although I will surely be out of range as I am too far from the US of A...
frown.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #1,697 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And no, Kingwa will not switch them out for the base model.
But perhaps you can pay him extra for the wire (or send him the wire)
and then he will do it for you.

How much will SQ improve?
What's the best Litz wire so far?
Is the mod worth it regarding the price of the wire?

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #1,698 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First it needs to be fixed then I don't know,but I bet it will be a heck of a deal.

I'm glad you're getting a new amp, but who is fixing the amp if you're not sending it back to Kingwa?

Jul 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #1,699 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How would I know? This is only what I've been told.

Quote:

How would I know? The Cardas single litz is only what I've been told. And Kyle suggested using Audio Consulting wire which is what he uses on all his mods.

Quote:

How would I know? I've never heard it. But since the labor is very cheap, I would say it's worth trying since the DIYer who did it says the sound quality is greatly improved. The Phoenix is already so good, but if there is a way to increase detail and bass impact even more, I'm all for it.

Jul 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #1,700 of 3,352
Quote:

How would I know? This is only what I've been told.

How would I know? The Cardas single litz is only what I've been told. And Kyle suggested using Audio Consulting wire which is what he uses on all his mods.

How would I know? I've never heard it. But since the labor is very cheap, I would say it's worth trying since the DIYer who did it says the sound quality is greatly improved. The Phoenix is already so good, but if there is a way to increase detail and bass impact even more, I'm all for it.

Could you say, "How would I know' one more time!

I'm getting excited!

Jul 22, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #1,703 of 3,352
Quote:

I'll have Kyle order some before myself, Gary and Doug go down there to get the mods done in about 3 weeks.

Are all three of you getting the mods?

Jul 22, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #1,704 of 3,352
I'm considering it. It'll come down the the price of the mod which I'm asking PJ via pm.

On the other hand, since I'm gonna get a K1000, I'm considering giving up the Phoenix so I can get the Audio Note Kit 1 which sounds superb with the K1000.

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #1,706 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are all three of you getting the mods?

I'm having Kyle mod my CI Audio VDC 9 power supply, add a SuperClock to my Wadia iTransport, and possibly some rewire work on the Phoenix/Ref 1. Since I'll be using CAST only inputs my rewire job might be quite smaller than the rest.

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #1,707 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you'll notice some improvements.

We can also A/B either Gary's or Phil's against mine if we do the mods at different times.
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #1,708 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering it. It'll come down the the price of the mod which I'm asking PJ via pm.

On the other hand, since I'm gonna get a K1000, I'm considering giving up the Phoenix so I can get the Audio Note Kit 1 which sounds superb with the K1000.

You feel the K1000 are better than the HD800? Have you compared them side by side?

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #1,709 of 3,352
Quote:

You feel the K1000 are better than the HD800? Have you compared them side by side?

Nope, I haven't compared them side by side. However, for what I value most(holographic soundstage), no headphone can compare to the K1000. It doesn't matter how holographic the soundstage R10, HD800, and W5000 put out, they just don't compare to the K1000.

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #1,710 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kingwa's response to your (and my) question:
"Dear Tim,
The Cadas cable is one Hongkong people tell Philip said this cable is good but I don't think.
We use the neutral cable in Phoenix, and can suit most users but if some one has himself personal taste, then he will replace the other cable, but then the sounding not our design , it only for some one.
Kingwa"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back