Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 26, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #856 of 2,577
Or the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, though I've never tested it. :frowning2: Has anyone ever used it with one of these two amplifiers?
I've used it with the NFB12 and it was so hollow, lifeless and sterile sounding I put it back in the box and returned it to Amazon. Yikes it was not for me. The LCD-2C however has been an excellent all arounder.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #857 of 2,577
Does this improvement only work with R2R dacs? So would it be useless with NFB 11.28 or other Delta Sigma dacs ?

It should work with all dacs that don't have a built-in signal decrapifier.

Not more analytical, it adds separation and the detail that was caught up in the mix has more prominence. It's very subtle but its there if you do listen for it. What's already there won't change, the sound does not get leaned out the way say an HD600 or HD800 sounds in the upper frequencies.

I hate that it costs $340+ in my local schiit shop! I hope someone would kick sсhiit out of their heads.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #858 of 2,577
I've used it with the NFB12 and it was so hollow, lifeless and sterile sounding I put it back in the box and returned it to Amazon. Yikes it was not for me. The LCD-2C however has been an excellent all arounder.
When I said one of these two amplifiers, I was referring to NFB 11.28 and R2R 11.
It should work with all dacs that don't have a built-in signal decrapifier.
I think I did not express myself well, what I want to know is if Eitr would have the same efficiency with NFB 11.28 that it has with R2R 11.

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #859 of 2,577
I think I did not express myself well, what I want to know is if Eitr would have the same efficiency with NFB 11.28 that it has with R2R 11.
Leopanda answered that.

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #860 of 2,577
OH MY GOD, this ticking sound is awful.
It is even present when songs from the same album change. It is even present in the same song file when I jump from one part of the song to another.
Is there really no way to completely get rid of it?
I, honestly, did not expect it to be that bad.
Those of you who were downplaying it must have nerves of steel.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #861 of 2,577
It is even present when songs from the same album change. It is even present in the same song file when I jump from one part of the song to another.
Is there really no way to completely get rid of it?
I, honestly, did not expect it to be that bad.
What are You talking about? NFB11.28 or the R2R11? What source? Played material? what input? (USB, optical, SPDIF)

/Jan

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #862 of 2,577
It is even present when songs from the same album change. It is even present in the same song file when I jump from one part of
What are You talking about? NFB11.28 or the R2R11? What source? Played material? what input? (USB, optical, SPDIF)

/Jan
Probably off his iPhone :D

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #864 of 2,577
It's not that I'm downplaying it, I don't even get to experience said ticking/popping issue since ages. Real talk. I remember it used to made subtle clicking noise during the first week I got the unit, but I don't even get those issues these days. Maybe its because of Eitr I don't know.

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #866 of 2,577
Ok. -Are the ticking noise constant or does it vary with the music?
-Do You have acces to a USB 2.0 hub to connect between the PC and the R2Rdac?
/J
It seems to be a bit quieter when changing to some songs, so it's not the same between all songs but still very much present and audible. It was the same when changing to different parts of the same song. I don't have a usb hub at the moment. I am having these issues on usb 2.0, I will check if there is any difference with my usb 3.0 port even though people usually say it is worse.

I will try to get my hands on a coax perhaps to see if it makes any difderence

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #867 of 2,577
Just give it some time. Mine had had a similar issue the first couple of hours I used it but now its gone.

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #869 of 2,577
Hi, this is my first post here at Head-Fi. My R2R-11 recently arrived and I use my LG V10 as source. I read somewhere that using an Android phone as source would not work and I was worried for a while after I paid for the equipment online. But it works! I just use a regular OTG USB cable (and I forgot how and when I got it) between my phone and the USB cable that comes with it.

I've been using mobile phones to listen to music for more than maybe 5 years now as it is handy and I don't want to get tied up while listening to music. Sound quality of mobile phones is getting much better especially with phones equipped with internal DAC and amp. But after reading this forum I was convinced that I probably needed an external DAC/amp as music just doesn't sound very natural with the phone alone.

Well I was right. I'm quite impressed with the R2R so far. Music just sounds more natural and more engaging. And it's early days yet! I'll keep burning it in and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back