1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by crowally, Aug 17, 2017.
First

Back
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Next

Last
  1. anoxy
    I've used it with the NFB12 and it was so hollow, lifeless and sterile sounding I put it back in the box and returned it to Amazon. Yikes it was not for me. The LCD-2C however has been an excellent all arounder.

2. Leopanda
    It should work with all dacs that don't have a built-in signal decrapifier.

I hate that it costs $340+ in my local schiit shop! I hope someone would kick sсhiit out of their heads.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  3. Renato Fury
    When I said one of these two amplifiers, I was referring to NFB 11.28 and R2R 11.
    I think I did not express myself well, what I want to know is if Eitr would have the same efficiency with NFB 11.28 that it has with R2R 11.

4. thebkt
    Leopanda answered that.

5. SoniMax
    OH MY GOD, this ticking sound is awful.
    It is even present when songs from the same album change. It is even present in the same song file when I jump from one part of the song to another.
    Is there really no way to completely get rid of it?
    I, honestly, did not expect it to be that bad.
    Those of you who were downplaying it must have nerves of steel.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  6. JaMo
    What are You talking about? NFB11.28 or the R2R11? What source? Played material? what input? (USB, optical, SPDIF)

/Jan

7. JKDJedi
    Probably off his iPhone :D

8. SoniMax
    R2R
    Flacs from foobar
    From my laptop via USB
    I tried Wasapi and Asio as well.
    Wasapi was even worse, asio was more bearable

9. bunkbail
    It's not that I'm downplaying it, I don't even get to experience said ticking/popping issue since ages. Real talk. I remember it used to made subtle clicking noise during the first week I got the unit, but I don't even get those issues these days. Maybe its because of Eitr I don't know.

10. JaMo
    Ok. -Are the ticking noise constant or does it vary with the music?
    -Do You have acces to a USB 2.0 hub to connect between the PC and the R2Rdac?
    /J

11. SoniMax
    It seems to be a bit quieter when changing to some songs, so it's not the same between all songs but still very much present and audible. It was the same when changing to different parts of the same song. I don't have a usb hub at the moment. I am having these issues on usb 2.0, I will check if there is any difference with my usb 3.0 port even though people usually say it is worse.

I will try to get my hands on a coax perhaps to see if it makes any difderence

12. xkonfuzed
    Just give it some time. Mine had had a similar issue the first couple of hours I used it but now its gone.

13. Renato Fury
    HEHE, another one complaining about pops, get ready @SoniMax, soon people will start blocking you as well. :p But I've read comments saying that using the coaxial and optical connections reduces or eliminates the pops.

14. thyomit
    Hi, this is my first post here at Head-Fi. My R2R-11 recently arrived and I use my LG V10 as source. I read somewhere that using an Android phone as source would not work and I was worried for a while after I paid for the equipment online. But it works! I just use a regular OTG USB cable (and I forgot how and when I got it) between my phone and the USB cable that comes with it.

I've been using mobile phones to listen to music for more than maybe 5 years now as it is handy and I don't want to get tied up while listening to music. Sound quality of mobile phones is getting much better especially with phones equipped with internal DAC and amp. But after reading this forum I was convinced that I probably needed an external DAC/amp as music just doesn't sound very natural with the phone alone.

Well I was right. I'm quite impressed with the R2R so far. Music just sounds more natural and more engaging. And it's early days yet! I'll keep burning it in and see how it goes.

15. Renato Fury
    Well, it seems that R2R 11 has stolen the attention for him, I would like to read more comments about NFB 11.28, does anyone else have anything else to add about NFB 11.28 ?

First

Back
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Next

Last