Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 25, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #841 of 2,569
I had a chance to try some USB decrapifier for the R2R-11 a few days ago (Jitterbug, Wyrd, iPurifier2), they make so little impact it was not worth it at all. I'd say if you want an obvious sonic improvement, just go for Eitr. Go big or go home.

Yeah, I'm kinda happy with what I have. So I'll better aim at buying a new pair of headphones for office and outside use, like meze 99 or so.
Just thought that if such a little thing could do a noticeable signal improvement then it's an easy buy.

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #843 of 2,569
Does this Schiit Eitr really make such a difference or is it a minimal improvement ?
Depending on the quality of your USB connection it can range from massive difference to noticeable but not life altering.

On my particular setup I had no problems at all with USB noise or jitter (that I was aware of), but adding the Eitr further smoothed out treble and revealed details that were missing prior. It is a luxury item among luxury items, but I'll be keeping it in my system indefinitely.

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #846 of 2,569
Doesn't it make music sound more analytical and less thick, or just cleans high frequencies?
Not more analytical, it adds separation and the detail that was caught up in the mix has more prominence. It's very subtle but its there if you do listen for it. What's already there won't change, the sound does not get leaned out the way say an HD600 or HD800 sounds in the upper frequencies.

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #847 of 2,569
Not more analytical, it adds separation and the detail that was caught up in the mix has more prominence. It's very subtle but its there if you do listen for it. What's already there won't change, the sound does not get leaned out the way say an HD600 or HD800 sounds in the upper frequencies.

I'll tell you what...this is probably one of the best descriptions of EXACTLY what the Eitr does. A clear and concise description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back