1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by crowally, Aug 17, 2017.
First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last
  1. isoa4k
    Im wondering if a USB cable modded with only the two data lines connected (stripping the power + and - lines) will improve the signal quality. After all through the data lines theres only a serial digital stream. What do you think?

2. VilMo
    On the low cost of the spectrum is also iFi Audio iSilencer 3.0 that I have not tried.

3. JKDJedi
    That's what I'm getting here , R2R nice and laid back, 11.28 quick and detailed. Is anybody here having hum problems with the 11.28 or is it just the R2R? I'm wondering if that hum is just floor noise.

4. conquerator2
    No hum with R2R11. It might however be a ground loop or such on your side which is not easily remedied. Try connecting the DAC to a different power socket, preferably far away in a different room (because power sockets are connected in circles) to see if the ground loop disappears (which is usually caused by a PC)

5. YtseJamer
    The pairing between the LCD-2C and the R2R-11 is quite good!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    JKDJedi likes this.
  6. YJX94
    I already decided on the R2R a while ago and that isn't changing. Like I said the majority of this thread prefers the R2R and it's not just Head-Fi. The signature of the headphone shouldn't matter, the V-shaped headphone will give you way more of a V-shape sound than any DAC/Amp can, the job of the DAC/Amp is to take the headphones sound and make it better and judging by this thread the R2R does it better than the NFB. The R2R being slightly warmer and more musical isn't going to ruin a V-shape, detail or speed.

7. conquerator2
    I am pretty sure the R2R11 will sound great with a V shape. It won't emphasize the signature.

YJX94 likes this.
  8. Renato Fury
    The R2R 11 is not better, it's just different, and they have more similarities than different, plus you can find comments from people who prefer NFB 11.28, I even plan to buy it instead of R2R 11.
    What I wanted to know is if one of the two is better for V signatures.

JKDJedi likes this.
  9. JKDJedi
    I have that headphone in the shopping cart every day and have not been able to push the buy button! Not yet anyway.

natto and YtseJamer like this.
  10. YtseJamer
    Do it now! :wink:

anoxy likes this.
  11. s2kPanda
    Do it, you won't regret it. You'll sell all your low-fi, budget-fi, mid-fi cans.

anoxy and YtseJamer like this.
  12. FredA
    Or buy the he560 on sale at Adorama for 350$. And enjoy.

natto and JKDJedi like this.
  13. bunkbail
    I had a chance to try some USB decrapifier for the R2R-11 a few days ago (Jitterbug, Wyrd, iPurifier2), they make so little impact it was not worth it at all. I'd say if you want an obvious sonic improvement, just go for Eitr. Go big or go home.

Leopanda likes this.
  14. Renato Fury
    Or the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, though I've never tested it. :frowning2: Has anyone ever used it with one of these two amplifiers?

JKDJedi likes this.
  15. FredA
    Could improve things for sure.

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last