1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by crowally, Aug 17, 2017.
First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last
  1. Monsterzero
    +1
    Added Eitr,made the popping worse for about a week,then it entirely disappeared.

2. VilMo
    The R2R11 also works with a cheap Asus tablet, all sounds are diverted to the DAC. Hiby also works and this should be bit-perfect.

3. thyomit
    I'm not sure if it's bit perfect with the LG V10. It says the music file is output as 48kHz (using Poweramp). Is it really better with bit perfect output to a dac?

4. bunkbail
    Just bought a new set of headphones, Sennheiser HD660S, the synergy with R2R-11 is totally out of this world. Tried with my Gustard H10, the synergy is not as good with R2R-11 own amp section. Extremely resolving and musical. Literally can't stop listening to music right now!

YtseJamer likes this.
  5. VilMo
    Hiby music is free to install. Try it for yourself. Should be a bit better, but difference is not dramatic

6. anoxy
    edit

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  7. FredA
    My r2r 11 is coming in on Monday. Could be a match made in heaven with the he-560. You need a flat sounding heaphone or at least, this is my preference for the music style i enjoy. But it will be used a pair of mdr-7506 at the office. This match also works great.

8. thyomit
    I'll try Hiby Music and see if I can hear any difference, thanks VilMo for your tip!

9. SoniMax
    Quick update. I've only had time to try few different songs from few albums and there is seems to be no poping from Banshee music player on Kubuntu, still R2R 11 on USB 2.0. Also, if you turn the volume more than 12 o'clock with nothing playing the hiss is very audible

10. FredA
    That would be normal on very sensitive hp. Or you might have a ground loop.

11. SoniMax
    It was with my Sennheiser HD600.
    I haven't tried any IEMs on it yet...not because audio-gd advises against though :D I am waiting for my replacement cable.

12. braaam
    I didn’t fully get that. Did you like it more or less with the Gustard? I’m a gustard H10 and R2R owner as well (currently exchanging my defective v5 opamps) so quite interested in your experience.

13. VilMo
    After getting the R2R11 about 3 weeks ago, today I sold my Marantz HD-DAC1.

I have also put on sale: DigiOne player, SBooster linear power supply, nano iUSB3.0, and Singxer F1.

SImply with R2R 11 I don't need them anymore. To me the jitter rejection of the combination of the Amanero USB board and the DA-8 R2R modules are great I and I just cannot find significant difference in SQ to justify keeping any of them. My connection now is laptop -> iDefender 3.0 -> Supra USB cable -> R2R 11 and it souns great!

This only shows what great value the R2R 11 is and that you don't need many tweaks to get amazing sound out of it.

14. VilMo
    Also i would like to share that using a USB cable with only data legs works great with the R2R 11 and the R2R 11 doesn't need power from the PC at any time.
    I have tried this with Forza Audio Works twin USB cable plugging only the data leg and works like a charm even after restart. Unfortunately this cable is too short for regular use for me...
    Anyway not having USB power running close to the USB data lines can only benefit the integrity of the data signal so this can only help IMHO. No need to throw crazy money at it though...

15. iamjaymo
    Similar for me...the R2R has allowed me to simplify my rig and it provided a sound quality much better than more expensive gear I have tried. One of the better audio purchases I have made in a long, long time.

maheeinfy likes this.
First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last