1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by crowally, Aug 17, 2017.
First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Next

Last
  1. VilMo
    Yes, helps releave unnecessary audio nerviosa and keep thing simple and focused on the music, not the equipment.

2. YtseJamer
    +1

3. Renato Fury
    Did the hope of some NFB 11.28 buyers still talk about him? Or is this topic just about R2R 11 ?

4. Leopanda
    The answer is 5.

Guys, you won't make me believe that a usb cable can make any difference in sound!

5. Renato Fury
    5 What ?

6. bunkbail
    HD660S has great synergy with R2R-11, while the M1060 has great synergy with H10. My experience is that the H10 is with great planars (tried with M1060, LCD-2 pre-fazor, HE X v2), but not so much with high impedance dynamic headphones (tried with HD600, HD650, HD660S, HD700).

braaam and JimJames like this.
  7. MorrisVentus
    Hello community.

I am currently using R2R-11 with pc through optical cable.

Soon I have PS4 pro coming in. I am planning on using optical to ps4 pro, and usb to PC.

There are few questions I would like to ask.

1. Popping sound.
    So far, with optical, I have not yet to experience any popping sound. Would I have popping issues with USB? I see many complaints about that in earlier pages of this thread.

2. Install process.
    So do I simply download Amanero 384 driver for windows 10? Because I did hear about driver issues with windows 10 specifically.

It would be very kind of you to guide me with step by step procedure, and teach me what I should be aware.

Thank you.

8. JimJames
    URGENT!!! R2R 11 vs Massdrop Liquid Carbon X + SDAC DAC/Amp, WHO WINS? (Prolly to pair with K712s, Shure 1840 or AD2000x)

9. Renato Fury
    [​IMG]

10. VilMo
    Let me know if you hear difference in your set-up when you do.

11. braaam
    I have to agree with you about the Sennheiser synergy. I’ve ran it mainly with my Senns and it really brings the HD 540 ref2 to life. Everything from soundstage, pinpoint imaging, palpable textures and timbre. You know, when you start a listening session early night, and somewhere around 02:00 in the morning you’re still fully engaged with the music. And it doesn’t even need much volume to achieve this.

When I tried the he-400i the result was much less satisfactory. Bland in the midrange and not nearly as alive. This one does better with tubes for sure.

bunkbail likes this.
  12. bunkbail
    I've read somewhere in these threads that Kingwa's favorite headphone is HD800. So I wouldn't be surprised if those Audio-gd amps are made to revolve around Sennheisers:darthsmile:.

13. thyomit
    Sure thing. Can only listen to music in office these days, so it has to wait, ha-ha

14. Anaz
    I wouldn't have expected that with the HE 400i, which I've never heard, because I think the HE 560 with the R2R 11 sounds wonderful with a natural midrange and a nice ("musical" LOL) sparkle to the highs. And to add to everyone else, Sennheiser HD 6XX sound great paired with the R2R 11.

15. Monsterzero
    I did not have any issues with the Amanero driver+Win10.
    Popping only happened for me when one file ended that had a different bitrate to the next file.Since adding Schiit Eitr the popping has totally disappeared.
    If you have worries I suggest getting the Eitr...No Amanero to worry about+improved performance+can keep your optical connection+no popping(after about a week for me) and if all else fails and you dont like it you can flip it to someone else for little to no loss....its in high demand at the moment.

Cannot comment on any of the other HPs you mentioned but the R2R-11 makes my AD2000(non-X-version)sound better than any amp/DAC combo Ive tried.

First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Next

Last