Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 31, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #931 of 2,569
Eitr is plug and play with latest Windows 10, no need to install any drivers. I don't know about other windows/OS though. I use ASIO bridge with the Eitr from day 1, I don't know what it offers to the table I just use it because my friend told me to do it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just tried that virtual cable thing. There's no pop when I use it.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #933 of 2,569
I'm am enjoying my R2R-11 since I got it last week, feels like a big upgrade coming from a DX90 + Cayin C5.

Am following this thread about the Schiit Eitr, that option is completely new for me.
One question: What will be the benefit/difference listening to FLAC files from my PC-->(USB) Eitr--> (coax) R2R-11, compared to listening from my DX90 via coax into the R2R-11 ?

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #937 of 2,569
Idk, that bridge thing just confused me.
i have not read last part, but the bridge i assume is an interface from usb to coaxial or optical. r2r-11 has three digital input: coaxial, optical and usb(Amanero interface)

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #938 of 2,569
I'm am enjoying my R2R-11 since I got it last week, feels like a big upgrade coming from a DX90 + Cayin C5.

Am following this thread about the Schiit Eitr, that option is completely new for me.
One question: What will be the benefit/difference listening to FLAC files from my PC-->(USB) Eitr--> (coax) R2R-11, compared to listening from my DX90 via coax into the R2R-11 ?
Normally I'd just say 'grab the Eitr, it's great', but in that specific case... I don't know. If you can't hear much difference between the DAP going into the R2R-11 and PC into R2R-11, then I'd say yes, get the Eitr. For a PC at the very lease, it's a great improvement.

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #940 of 2,569
Normally I'd just say 'grab the Eitr, it's great', but in that specific case... I don't know. If you can't hear much difference between the DAP going into the R2R-11 and PC into R2R-11, then I'd say yes, get the Eitr. For a PC at the very lease, it's a great improvement.

Thanks for your answer..
I am doing some A/B testing at the moment, really can't notice any difference so far; it's easy to test this by switching from coax to USB, and start the songs at the exact same moment.. :)
Same songs/files:
A: From PC USB into R2R-11
B: DX90 coaxial into R2R-11.

So, that means Eitr should improve overall !? :clap:

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #941 of 2,569
Thanks for your answer..
I am doing some A/B testing at the moment, really can't notice any difference so far; it's easy to test this by switching from coax to USB, and start the songs at the exact same moment.. :)
Same songs/files:
A: From PC USB into R2R-11
B: DX90 coaxial into R2R-11.

So, that means Eitr should improve overall !? :clap:
I imagine it would. It certainly did for me and many others in the Eitr thread. I was originally skeptical as to how much difference it would make, especially because I didn't suffer from any noise issues and couldn't really imagine how it'd improve things. It did of course, though I didn't notice it very much immediately. After listening to a few tracks it was clear I was hearing quite a few subtleties in a lot of tracks that I'd never heard before.

From what I've read, the bigger Audio-gd DAC's have noise isolation solutions built in and wouldn't benefit nearly as much as the NFB/R2R-11. This is very much the same case for me and my Mimby compared to the bigger Schiit DAC's which all have the Gen 5 benefits offered by the Eitr.

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #942 of 2,569
i´m trying too asiobridge. really interesting product. for now, almost cancelled the boring pop
p.s.: i don´t remeber the user who posted the link. my sincer thanks to him

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #945 of 2,569
Just my o
I like how you are randomly inserting about these headphones when the thread is currently consumed by the Eitr.
Thanks.

The R2r 11 is such a nice combo. I am under the urge of sharing my listening impressions.

I also own the nfb-1amp that i combine with the r2r 7 dac. This is even a better combination for the he-560. But for only a fraction of the cost, you get a nice approximation with the r2r 11. I will let the r2r 11 burn for a while before making a final judgement but after only 50 hours, it is already amazing. I am not really into classical music that much but i swear the r2r 11 does play that style with a refinement that is quite unbelievable and i just enjoy it so much that i will start buying records. Classical is so hard to get right that it makes it unpopular. The r2r 11 really nails it paired with the he-560. This setup is only 800usd landed if you get the he-560 from Adorama. That is very little for a real taste of high-end.

The big setup sounds a little more crisp, resolved and dynamic and has better control over bass but is not that much more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back