1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by crowally, Aug 17, 2017.
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last
  1. SoniMax
    Just tried that virtual cable thing. There's no pop when I use it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. tauceti
    very very interesting I also don't have a Pop when using Eitr with coax input of R2R 11. Didn't even realize it until I read you statements above and tested it myself:wink:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  3. DMB197641
    I'm am enjoying my R2R-11 since I got it last week, feels like a big upgrade coming from a DX90 + Cayin C5.

Am following this thread about the Schiit Eitr, that option is completely new for me.
    One question: What will be the benefit/difference listening to FLAC files from my PC-->(USB) Eitr--> (coax) R2R-11, compared to listening from my DX90 via coax into the R2R-11 ?

4. anoxy
    I'm so confused now. Are there different versions of the R2R-11 or something?

5. alota
    no. just one. why?

6. anoxy
    Idk, that bridge thing just confused me.

7. alota
    i have not read last part, but the bridge i assume is an interface from usb to coaxial or optical. r2r-11 has three digital input: coaxial, optical and usb(Amanero interface)

8. thebkt
    Normally I'd just say 'grab the Eitr, it's great', but in that specific case... I don't know. If you can't hear much difference between the DAP going into the R2R-11 and PC into R2R-11, then I'd say yes, get the Eitr. For a PC at the very lease, it's a great improvement.

DMB197641 and bunkbail like this.
  9. FredA
    For jazz listening, the r2r 11 is a perfect partner to the Sony mdr-7506. Deep clean bass and everything you could wish for.

10. DMB197641
    Thanks for your answer..
    I am doing some A/B testing at the moment, really can't notice any difference so far; it's easy to test this by switching from coax to USB, and start the songs at the exact same moment.. :)
    Same songs/files:
    A: From PC USB into R2R-11
    B: DX90 coaxial into R2R-11.

So, that means Eitr should improve overall !? :clap:

11. thebkt
    I imagine it would. It certainly did for me and many others in the Eitr thread. I was originally skeptical as to how much difference it would make, especially because I didn't suffer from any noise issues and couldn't really imagine how it'd improve things. It did of course, though I didn't notice it very much immediately. After listening to a few tracks it was clear I was hearing quite a few subtleties in a lot of tracks that I'd never heard before.

From what I've read, the bigger Audio-gd DAC's have noise isolation solutions built in and wouldn't benefit nearly as much as the NFB/R2R-11. This is very much the same case for me and my Mimby compared to the bigger Schiit DAC's which all have the Gen 5 benefits offered by the Eitr.

12. alota
    i´m trying too asiobridge. really interesting product. for now, almost cancelled the boring pop
    p.s.: i don´t remeber the user who posted the link. my sincer thanks to him

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  13. FredA
    Thr r2r 11 is amazing with he-560 for classical. What a nice soundstage and upper mid.

14. s2kPanda
    I like how you are randomly inserting about these headphones when the thread is currently consumed by the Eitr.

15. FredA
    Just my o
    Thanks.

The R2r 11 is such a nice combo. I am under the urge of sharing my listening impressions.

I also own the nfb-1amp that i combine with the r2r 7 dac. This is even a better combination for the he-560. But for only a fraction of the cost, you get a nice approximation with the r2r 11. I will let the r2r 11 burn for a while before making a final judgement but after only 50 hours, it is already amazing. I am not really into classical music that much but i swear the r2r 11 does play that style with a refinement that is quite unbelievable and i just enjoy it so much that i will start buying records. Classical is so hard to get right that it makes it unpopular. The r2r 11 really nails it paired with the he-560. This setup is only 800usd landed if you get the he-560 from Adorama. That is very little for a real taste of high-end.

The big setup sounds a little more crisp, resolved and dynamic and has better control over bass but is not that much more enjoyable.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    braaam likes this.
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last