Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 29, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #916 of 2,569
I just got my r2r 11. I played music through the toslink input outputting to my he-560. Good open sound but not much sub-bass control yet. A little too thin as well. Then i tried the amanero input, with about the same results. Needs some burning obviously,

But then...

I decided to test the rca input using a Haliday Bridge i had in hand, which is fully burned-in. The sound was holly f. cow good, bass and mids and highs and everything. The amanero needs to burn, but i am far from being sure it will beat the Bridge once burning is completed. The Bridge sounds so full. And it makes my he-560 sing! Just love the sound. How a unit costing as little as the r2r 11 can sound so good is beyond me. The amp is more than adequate for the he-560 and it will sound, combined to the he-560, like whatever the dac will play. And with the Bridge, to use a euphemism, i does play.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #917 of 2,569
I just got my r2r 11. I played music through the toslink input outputting to my he-560. Good open sound but not much sub-bass control yet. A little too thin as well. Then i tried the amanero input, with about the same results. Needs some burning obviously,

But then...

I decided to test the rca input using a Haliday Bridge i had in hand, which is fully burned-in. The sound was holly f. cow good, bass and mids and highs and everything. The amanero needs to burn, but i am far from being sure it will beat the Bridge once burning is completed. The Bridge sounds so full. And it makes my he-560 sing! Just love the sound. How a unit costing as little as the r2r 11 can sound so good is beyond me. The amp is more than adequate for the he-560 and it will sound, combined to the he-560, like whatever the dac will play. And with the Bridge, to use a euphemism, i does play.

So sound quality is not great out of the box without a burned in Haliday Bridge?
What is a Haliday Bridge? Web search yields no results. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #919 of 2,569
So sound quality is not great out of the box without a burned in Haliday Bridge?
What is a Haliday Bridge? Web search yields no results. Thanks.
Made a typo. It's the Halide Bridge usb to spdif interface.

Brand new, connected to a bad usb port, meaning one on the front of the pc, which are usually noisier, the r2r 11 sounds very good but is lacking bass and has a treble that is a little harsh/thin.

This morning, after 10 hours, the Amanero sounds much better, but not comparable to the Bridge yet. And if i rely on comments, it should be very close after break-in, howerer The Bridge has a warm, easy to like signature with big bass. The is what jitter patterns can do: even change the sound signature.

The Bridge costs 450$. It is quite a rip-off at that price knowing you can get Schiit Eitr or a Breeze, or many other better converter like the su-1 for much less money.

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #920 of 2,569
I'm confused as well. What is this bridge you speak of? You have this because your PC doesn't have an optical port on the motherboard? Do I need one if my computer does?

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #922 of 2,569
I still don't really understand the function or use-case. You're using this because the Optical port on your PC is "jittery"? Like, you can hear noise?

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #923 of 2,569
I still don't really understand the function or use-case. You're using this because the Optical port on your PC is "jittery"? Like, you can hear noise?
It is a miniature usb to spdif converter. Just like a Schiit Eitr but much smaller. Their is only one output: rca or bnc. Bnc is like rca with a different connector.

Because, it was fully burned in, it was making the r2r 11 sound much better than the Amenero. With time, the sound quality difference is becoming smaller and smaller.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #925 of 2,569
There is one optical (Toslink) input on R2R 11.

Jan 31, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #926 of 2,569
Just ordered an EITR. I hope it really kills the popping sound.
Quick question for those who use the R2R with Eitr, such as @bunkbail
Did you keep the Amanero Drivers after you got the Eitr or did you only use EITR's drivers. I presume the latter, just asking to make sure.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #927 of 2,569
Did you keep the Amanero Drivers after you got the Eitr or did you only use EITR's drivers. I presume the latter, just asking to make sure.
You use the Eitr's drivers. The PC interfaces with the Eitr, which sends a clean digital signal to your DAC's SPDIF input.

Ah I see now. I didn't realize there's no optical output on the R2R11. Anyone know why they choose to not include it?
Because it's a DAC/Amp combo, so the DAC's outputting to the built in amp :)

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #928 of 2,569
You have to use the EITR drivers which for me are installed automatically by windows 10. No need to use the schiit provided Eitr drivers. You don't need amanero drivers as the usb cable is connected to Eitr.

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #929 of 2,569
Eitr is plug and play with latest Windows 10, no need to install any drivers. I don't know about other windows/OS though. I use ASIO bridge with the Eitr from day 1, I don't know what it offers to the table I just use it because my friend told me to do it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #930 of 2,569
Ah I see now. I didn't realize there's no optical output on the R2R11. Anyone know why they choose to not include it?
20180131_203437.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back