1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by crowally, Aug 17, 2017.
First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last
  1. MorrisVentus

Thank you for your comment.

Do you think you can briefly explain how to install the driver? do I just click on setup file and plug in usb?

2. Monsterzero
    Pretty much...You might have to go into your Windows settings and change the output preferences.Once you install the driver it should appear as an option(if it doesnt auto switch)

3. thyomit
    Hi, VilMo
    I cannot hear any difference between HibyMusic and Poweramp. (Maybe it's my ears though.) R2R-11 is only slightly better than listening through LG V10 right now. In this context, V10 is quite an impressive music player for a phone!

4. braaam
    Well, it’s just in comparison with the HD 540 ref2 - the difference in resolution and imaging is big. But the Senns are known to scale with good amps. This may not be the case with the 400i.

I’d expect the HE560 to outperform the 400i with a proper amp (based on several reviews).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Anaz likes this.
  5. iamjaymo
    I’m sure Windows users are going to berate me for saying this but...in my experience it just works on a Mac!

Instructions: Plug in USB cable, power on, Audirvana finds “R2R Dac”, and play music. No drivers to find, install, test, analyze; no pops, nothing but music.

Think I’ve literally had 50 DACs in and out of here and the above instructions apply. Hope this doesn’t end up as a cable war but, it’s just my experience. The R2R is an amazing piece of gear - trying a Mac may be one way to enjoy it better. Note: I realize changing ones’s infrastructure isn’t easy or practical but it is one way. Enjoy the music!

6. bunkbail
    It is a common knowledge that lots of things are plug and play on Linux-based systems (Ubuntu, Mac OS X, Android etc.), audio devices are no exception to that as long as they are meeting the UAC/UAC2 specification.

maheeinfy likes this.
  7. Nadham
    What headphones you use and what is the format of the music tracks? In my case, I was using Senn HD6xx and having music in mp3 format. My Dell laptop was sufficient enough to power Senn HD6xx to reasonable listening experience. When I got R2R 11 - I connected it to my laptop, installed necessary drivers and then played the mp3 files but not much difference in SQ. Below is what I did to get good SQ
    1. Installed Foodbar and configured the outputs
    2. Deleted all mp3 tracks and replaced it with FLACs at 16 bit/ 44.1 khz
    3. Allowed R2R 11 to run for 15 days without switching off

Now the difference is like day and night, simply loving music all over again. Downside is that I am sleeping very late these days :frowning2:

4mayday likes this.
  8. bunkbail
    Are you using the stock ROM of the V10? If so, then the system is outputting resampled 48 kHz sample rate to the R2R-11 which is subpar than the native 44.1 kHz. I have a modded Galaxy S3 (custom ROM Lineage OS 14) which outputs the audio streams at native 44.1 kHz, it sounds much much better than my Galaxy S6, S7 and Nexus 6p, even though the S3 is a very old smartphone model. If you want a prove of this, try UAPP, it can do bit-perfect playbacks and you'll see that your music will sound much better than on other player. The trial version is available here (trial version is not available on Play Store for some reason).

9. thyomit
    I tried it with HibyMusic that VilMo recommended and I set the output sample rate to 44.1 kHz. Honestly I could not hear obvious difference in SQ compared to using Poweramp which automatically set the sample rate to 48 kHz. Again it's probably my ears!!

I use AKG K701 and I exclusively listen to FLAC files.

Anyway, I'm just happy that music coming out from both V10 and R2R-11 is enjoyable. In case my V10 dies, I don't have to buy an expensive phone again for audio capability.

10. Nadham
    Try connecting R2R11 to a laptop if you have one - just to compare with LG V10.

11. VilMo
    thyomit, I agree with Nadham that burn-in of 200-300 hours are needed to get the R2R 11 to its potential, I did not like it a lot the first week.

Also Windows laptop with good USB cable sounds better to me than Android, in my case I have crappy USB OTG cable and a hard adapter I need to use, this could be the reason.

The V series by LG are well regarded for SQ and I believe they have a very good sound. But I doubt that if you wait for the R2R11 to burn-in and use decent usb cable that you will not like it better than the V10.

12. thyomit
    Unfortunately company policy wouldn't allow me to install drivers in office computers and I don't have the time to listen to music at home, I just can't make the comparison.

I'll keep burning and I'm sure it'll improve with time. Thanks for all your advice too!

13. phthora
    What does the turnaround time look like for getting a quote, ordering, and then having goods shipped after payment? Shipping time is a wildcard, but how fast is Audio-gd on the parts of the ordering process that they control?

Also, any tips for making the ordering go more smoothly? I realize that there is a language barrier and I want make this easier on me and them.

14. alota
    Warning because next month is chinese holyday. Send a mail to kingwa

15. Nadham
    In my case they replied with a quote within 24 hours. If you are happy with it then you can make the payment and drop them an email, they will confirm the receipt of funds within 24 hours or less.

phthora likes this.
First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last