Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp
Feb 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #856 of 878
I have the M7 M8 combo and I never did test the two
I just connected it with ACSS and left it alone
Wow interesting
Al

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #857 of 878
Yeah, when I recieve the combo, I'll do the same thing,  but for people using HE-6 and want to drive them very loud, this may the way
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #858 of 878
Does anyone here have experience with the Master 1 preamp driving 10-20k loads by chance?

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #860 of 878

Sorry, not clear as to what do you mean by 10-20K load ?

Amplifier input impedance. Can it handle these low loads? Maybe I should email Kingwa?

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #862 of 878
Feb 12, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #863 of 878
Update for future reference:

Kingwa said the Master 1 can handle loads low as 600 ohms without problems. So anyone searching for this answer in the future will find it here :)

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #864 of 878
Utterly bizarre note: I have been listening to my HE-6 from the Master 8 a lot recently, and as I was listening today I couldn't shake the feeling that something sounded wrong. The only concrete things I could figure out in terms of what was off was vocals sounded a bit 'cupped,' and the left channel seemed slightly recessed, where I didn't recall them sounding that way before. And although I still can't fully explain what the problem was, I did figure out what caused the issue, at least: I had the HE-6 plugged into the 4-pin XLR (no problem there) at the same time I had the LCD-2 plugged into the SE output. As soon as I unplugged the LCD-2, everything went right back to normal. Weird, huh? 

I thought I'd read before that the M-8 would be able to drive multiple headphones at once without any problems, but my experience was different. Anybody else have a similar experience, or any idea why this happened? I had hoped to be able to have multiple headphones plugged in at once for a few inconsequential reasons (multiple friends could listen at once, be able to quickly and easily compare multiple headphones, and burn in several cans at once), so it's not going to be the end of the world, but it's worth noting. 

I'd be interested in any light someone could shed on this! :)

Btw, thus far, the M-8 is an extremely impressive headphone amp, and an even better preamp... Wow!!

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #865 of 878
Good morning

I am glad you are enjoying the M8. It is a good unit, I think leaving a second headphone is just a bad idea. Even if they were the same headphone , and one BAL and one not SE

they would not be equally amped the same as one is getting both sides of the amp output and one only one side.
Al

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #866 of 878
Good morning

I am glad you are enjoying the M8. It is a good unit, I think leaving a second headphone is just a bad idea. Even if they were the same headphone , and one BAL and one not SE

they would not be equally amped the same as one is getting both sides of the amp output and one only one side.
Al

Hey Al! Yeah, apparently you're right-- running multiple headphones out of the Master-8 is a big no-no. I could've sworn that I read somewhere that it wasn't a problem, but maybe that was with less demanding cans than the HE-6 and LCD-2. Anyway, when not driving a pile of headphones at once, it's pretty impressive what the M-8 is capable of. Absolutely loving it with the HE-6 right now...

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #869 of 878
Guys, have you seen the new products from Audio-GD? Including the M9 successor?

http://www.audio-gd.com/HE/HE-9/HE-9EN.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back