Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp
Jan 12, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #871 of 878

I was looking at that the other day.  It is certainly impressive looking - inside and out.  

(When are you getting yours? 
wink.gif
)

Seriously? I hope soon :)) Have to sell some stuff first :p

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #874 of 878
I think another consideration might be whether to use one of these HE integrated power regenerator components or to use an external power filter/regenerator. 

Other components such as source and transport will need to be plugged into a separate power conditioner.

Maybe somehow it is better to have the power filter closer to the component, but this would be a question better answered by Kingwa.

I can see possible efficiencies either way though.  With separate filter the mechanical vibrations and electromagnetic field from the big transformers are isolated, and all components can receive power with similar phase timing, if that is important.  Physically I cannot fit two HE-350 side by side on my rack in any case.

Additionally, as I recall PSAudio's power regenerators recommend separate circuits for each regenerator due to noise dumped back onto the line.  Not sure if this will be the case with these products.  

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #876 of 878
Master 1 is the M5/6/7 without the HP amps, and if you change the FET (in the M5/6/8) to the K170/J74 (4 prs) & C2240/A970 (also 4 prs), that's the M1.

Why he killed the 5/6/8? Cos M9's preamp isn't as good as M1. If we mod the 5/6/8 (the preamp part which mentioned above), then nobody would buy the M9.

Why? Cos, the HP amp in the M9, well, that's essentially the same one in the 5/6/8.

Jun 16, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #877 of 878
Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread. I'm thinking about a Master 1. Can someone who has one please give me their thoughts on the device and let me know whether or not it has a Home Theater Bypass mode?

Thanks so much.

Jun 17, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #878 of 878
Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread. I'm thinking about a Master 1. Can someone who has one please give me their thoughts on the device and let me know whether or not it has a Home Theater Bypass mode?

Thanks so much.

I have a Master 1 and I can confirm it does not have a bypass mode. An option will be to have a pair of XLR/RCA split cable tailor made. I think split cables would degrade sound less than internal relay switch + 2 pairs of cables + sockets/plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back