Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Aug 4, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #241 of 2,556
No volume control in DAC mode. The point of DAC mode is to actually bypass the volume control. I'm not sure if DAC mode bypasses the amp as well or just outputs the signal at a fixed level?

You can set it to pre-amp mode though, which allows the M11 to control the volume if the amp you connect to has no volume control itself.

Thanks, I assume m11 will still work as a DAC in preamp mode right?

Thanks

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #242 of 2,556
Thanks, I assume m11 will still work as a DAC in preamp mode right?

Thanks

having the same question and also can any one confirm that it can work as DAC in preamp mode for "ACSS out" ?
since from the info page Kingwa said the preamp work with XLR and RCA, but did not mention about ACSS out so quite curious
Thanks

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #243 of 2,556
Canceled Yggy, paid for a Master-11.  From the impressions I think Master 11 fit my needs better, and it got a remote.

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #244 of 2,556
  Canceled Yggy, paid for a Master-11.  From the impressions I think Master 11 fit my needs better, and it got a remote.

I'll probably go the same route
rolleyes.gif

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #245 of 2,556
Lead time now is 15-20 days... going to be a long wait for me.

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #246 of 2,556
Lead time now is 15-20 days... going to be a long wait for me.

Seems to be a massive rush of orders for the master11!

Hmmmm , I wonder what could of caused that? Hahaha
Maybe because it's awesome? :wink:

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #249 of 2,556
That's nothing compared to the waiting time for any LH Labs stuff or Schiit Yggdrasil.

Lhlabs takes the cake in the slowest company on this planet to turn out any products. They spam with lots of new products in between. Kinda frustrating. I wish they would deliver.
Everyone has released a player that will now be competition. The "idea" was great about 2 years ago...

The ygg imho isn't worth waiting for.

Audio-gd is truly amazing as they bust their butts to deliver their products at the speed of demand. They do it well! Props to kingwa and his mates at audio-gd!

I am patient to wait for greatness, but 15-20 days isn't too bad. I had to wait that long for my master11 too. I was the second person ever to order one. They simply take time to make, burn in and test. They want to deliver a quality product. It takes a bit longer to make the master series, especially the new models. I don't think they have enough m11's on the shelf to deliver to the demand. But they usually have inventory of most models to ship quickly.

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #251 of 2,556
So @bimmer100

Do you consider the Master 11 to be your end game dac/amp? 

Yes! I'm extremely pleased with the m11! It is indeed my endgame setup. It's perfect having such a brutal amp and Totl Dac in one. Perfectly executed. The m11 truly is a beast! It's massive in size, but not a big deal to me. Better than two separates imho.

Everything else doesn't measure up.
And I can't imagine much of anything sounding much better. Splitting hairs if beyond the m11.

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #252 of 2,556

So @bimmer100

Do you consider the Master 11 to be your end game dac/amp? 

Yes! I'm extremely pleased with the m11! It is indeed my endgame setup. It's perfect having such a brutal amp and Totl Dac in one. Perfectly executed. The m11 truly is a beast! It's massive in size, but not a big deal to me. Better than two separates imho.

Everything else doesn't measure up.
And I can't imagine much of anything sounding much better. Splitting hairs if beyond the m11.

Yeah, M11 is probably one of the best <$2k dac/amp in the world as of now.

Also how does your fiance think of the M11's sound vs the NFB28?

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #253 of 2,556

I totally agree! The m11 can't be touched at its price point. I think it's likely to surpass many expensive Dac/amps that are 2-3 times its price. Again, splitting hairs beyond the m11. End game for sure.

She honestly doesn't have enough time on the m11 as we currently don't live together. The nfb28 is at her place and m11 at mine. She will be using the m11 by the end of this month when I'll be moving in with her. My house just sold and I'm starting to pack my things. From the little time she has used it she could tell the sound was special. She has listened to HEK's on the m11, HE-560's and Audio Zenith PMx2's all on the m11. She still likes her pm3's since it's an ergonomic issue with most headphones. Yet she loved the sound of the HEK's! They simply look ridiculous on her tiny head. She wears the pm3's in the full closed position and they fit her perfectly. Basically a very small percentage of headphones fit her well. She is frustrated as she would like to be able to wear other headphones but simply can't.
The nfb-28 is good , but the m11 is noticeably better in many ways.
I didn't feel that way about he dac19 when powered by nfb28. It was good , but the m11 is freaking amazing!

I've yet to use the oppo pm3's on the m11, and I know it's overkill but the dac's musicality will shine through.

I was most impressed when I've tried the HEK's on my m11! Wow! Just WOW!

I have my eyes set on a pair of HEK's. But my modded HE-560's are amazing and have real synergy with the m11!

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #254 of 2,556

Oh, sometime next month I'll be having her do a blind abx test of the nfb28, m11 and some other Dac I'm undecided on. Maybe centrance hifiskyn or soundblaster e5. So entry level, mid priced and high end. :)

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #255 of 2,556
Nothing is overkill. Just for fun/laugh/boredom, I tried Apple's Earpods with my Master7+9(ultimate overkill?). Even with the mid range emphasis of the earpods. I was able to hear the beautiful r2r sound signature from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back