Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Oct 17, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #2,551 of 2,556
I just picked up a used M11 and I wanted to verify that the factory setting is the jumper on bypass and no other jumpers?

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #2,553 of 2,556
Anyone knows how well does the m11 pair with the he1000se?thx
Yes, I think it's a good pairing. My m11 has extra gain, so it has oodles of juice to run the HEKse -- playing down around -35/-40 dB.

I must admit that my m11 hasn't gotten that much playtime since I splurged on my mScaler/TT2 stack. But the m11 does a good job of reducing that sense of 'delicacy' or 'thin-ness' which is my only complaint regarding the HEK sound (more relevant to HEKv2 than HEKse). m11 can make HEKse sound fairly 'full'.

Hope that helps -- feel free to PM if you have more questions.

Dec 29, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #2,554 of 2,556
Yes, I think it's a good pairing. My m11 has extra gain, so it has oodles of juice to run the HEKse -- playing down around -35/-40 dB.

I must admit that my m11 hasn't gotten that much playtime since I splurged on my mScaler/TT2 stack. But the m11 does a good job of reducing that sense of 'delicacy' or 'thin-ness' which is my only complaint regarding the HEK sound (more relevant to HEKv2 than HEKse). m11 can make HEKse sound fairly 'full'.

Hope that helps -- feel free to PM if you have more questions.
I decided to give the pairing a listen this evening —listening to music and watching the Alamo Bowl :)

I wouldn’t change any of the words I wrote above, but I might emphasize the idea that it sounds fairly different than the mTT2 stack. M11 is definitely smoother, slightly less detailed, a bit warmer and fuller. Still presents an open/airy headstage.

Bottom line, a good pairing which, to my ears, has excellent synergy.

BTW, things are a bit hectic at my house as we had a bit of flooding— so I moved the m11 upstairs, using it stand-alone, feeding it from my Cowon Plenue II Mk 2 via optical, not from my Allo Digione rig.

< edit > Maybe I’m trying to say that the m11/HEKse pairing ups the musicality more than it reduces the technicalities vs the mTT2/HEKse rig. < /edit >

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #2,555 of 2,556
As a long time user of an Audio Gd Dac 19 (10th anniv .ed.) I am familiar with and enjoy the r2r presentation . However , a recent switch to a balanced setup has me on the lookout for a used Master 11 for its balanced outputs . I am also fond of the idea of an AIO or integrated . Because finding a Master 11 on the used market is difficult , I'm wondering if anybody has compared the Master 11 with an R27 , as the R27 is readily available . Are the two more similar than different ? Or are any of you current Master 11 owners ready to make a change and let your 11 go and spread its wings ? :sunglasses:

Aug 11, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #2,556 of 2,556
I will send this offer to everyone reading. I bought my Master 11 when they were first available. Audio-GD was selling the Master 11 for $1850 for a one month sale and then the price went to $1950. I forget how much shipping from china was but it was over $100. Although the tag came loose, I have never cracked the lid. I never felt the need to play the jumpers. I believe this came with a remote control. so I have a bone stock master 11, with remote control and the original shipping box and instructions. I will sell my master 11 for $1850 plus shipping, plus Paypal. It looks great and plays great. All sales would be final. I will post this in the proper sales forum. Please PM me etc. Or ask questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back