Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Aug 11, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #273 of 2,556
I just installed the Gain Stages for my master 11 tonight. added the +6db stages.

Took about 5minutes. :D easy!

wholly crapola! Tons of headroom now! It's perfect! I can drop an easy 12-16steps on the volume now. 

I'm excited for classical listening now. I can get some amazing levels now with my HE560's.

-----------
on another note...
-----------

I am actually really loving my modded Gustard U12 in HDMI i2s.  I can't tell if I like the amanero combo 384 or u12

the U12 is sort of being powered by Teradak LPS and the USB card feeding the amanero is being powered by LPS.

i'm waiting to install the Paul Pang OCXO usb V3 card along with a Lavricables dual headed USB pure silver cable. 
The OCXO requires a bigger LPS so had to get a new Teradak R-Core LPS for it. and will also power the Uptone USB Regen.
The USB regen Amber also is on the way. Toys to play but my spending has neared it's end. 

Also the PS Audio A/C regenerator is on the way too. I found a PS300 multiwave 2 with the PS Lab Cable for pretty darn cheap. Was worth a shot. :D

I also ordered one of those MCU programming tools from EBay and will play with programming my M11 MCU and NFB28.

Aug 11, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #275 of 2,556
  Thanks for the update on your USB impressions.

So the Combo384 runs off USB power? For some reason I thought it ran off internal power.

BTW, which Teradak are you using?

Maybe I wasn't making myself very clear...
you're correct in saying the Amanero runs off its own internal power. Kingwa has designed it this way.

I meant i'm using LPS for everything else. Gustard U12 is powered partially with LPS... soon to be fully with the PS Audio PS300.

The amanero is being fed by an Elfidelity USB internal card that is powered from a LPS teradak uv9.
but I have two Teradak's.

one has the 5.5mm/2.1mm DC and the other has 5.5/2.5mm DC output

the first is the smaller TeraDak TeraLink X1/X2 DC8.5V 1A + USB DC5V port Linear Power Supply
the other is the TeraDak DC-30W-TOUCH DC5V 3A Linear Power Supply

the second one is better as it has the R-Core transformer.

But depends what you need it for.

I got a new USB card for my PC that should be arriving soon. it's the Paul Pang V3 card with OCXO. I will be powering that from teh DC30W... it's recommended to have 2A LPS for that card since it's an Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator. but apparently it only takes 700mw to power up for 3minutes before it's good to go.

I'm testing between all these inputs and want to see which is the best. Some stuff i'll keep, some i'll sell. :D

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #276 of 2,556
Nice stuff, thanks for the deets. Do keep us posted... enquiring M11 owners want to know.

Oh man, you're getting the MCU programmer too... I was thinking about it when I saw it posted in the M7 thread. May just have to jump and order one from audio-gd before my M11 ships. I'm not too sure what it can do, but doesn't hurt to be prepared in case some stellar results are discovered.

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #277 of 2,556
  Nice stuff, thanks for the deets. Do keep us posted... enquiring M11 owners want to know.

Oh man, you're getting the MCU programmer too... I was thinking about it when I saw it posted in the M7 thread. May just have to jump and order one from audio-gd before my M11 ships. I'm not too sure what it can do, but doesn't hurt to be prepared in case some stellar results are discovered.

I'm really not sure if buying the MCU programmer tool is worth it. I bought one off ebay for 10bucks. but just want to change the introduction messages to be the model numbers...
my NFB28 used to say nfb28 when it booted, now says AGD10
but minor.
i like having volume levels set specfic for each input. otherwise, not sure if kingwa will explain what new features or options will be available for mod.

Aug 11, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #278 of 2,556
  Is the master 10 a pure class A amp? Thanks.

You have to ask Kingwa how far is the Master 10 biased into class A.  I don't think the HE-6 will take the Mater 10 out of class A.  There for you may never go into class b unless you use some hard to drive speakers. 

Anyway you won't be able to tell the difference.  

Aug 11, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #279 of 2,556
What's the obsession with class A? I"ve read few posts on other threads asking about the same thing...

Aug 11, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #280 of 2,556
@bimmer100 

once you recieve your ppa usb card. do use the Renesas/NEC driver instead of microsoft default usb driver. And disable usb power savings.

latest driver:
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=122

firmware update:
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=1348

experiment for yourself between stock microsoft driver and nec driver. you can switch between drivers as you like

also between stock firmware and latest. do note once you update firmware, you cannot downgrade/rollback

Aug 11, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #282 of 2,556
  I'm really not sure if buying the MCU programmer tool is worth it. I bought one off ebay for 10bucks. but just want to change the introduction messages to be the model numbers...
my NFB28 used to say nfb28 when it booted, now says AGD10
but minor.
i like having volume levels set specfic for each input. otherwise, not sure if kingwa will explain what new features or options will be available for mod.

Got it, so it's more for modding functions rather than the sound. Thanks for being the M11 pioneer for us all to learn from.

Aug 12, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #283 of 2,556
Anyone with master-11 and powerdvd care to check for me if headphone mode can be use with the master-11?  I used to have yulong da8 and after setting the da8 to be the output from windows, powerdvd (v14) still can only output to it as spdif instead of allowing me to output as headphones.

Thanks

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #285 of 2,556
Master 11 in the house! Although someone forgot to install the HDMI port. It came with RJ45. Well it's easy to swap as far as I know.

Awesome! Please tell your first impressions!
The hdmi is quick and easy. Might require minor soldering of power wire. Easy!!!

Was the hdmi listed on your invoice? I'm shocked if they forgot to install it if it's on the invoice and paid for. That's just not like them to do that. They are usually very thorough.

Did you order other options too?
Gain stage ?? +3,+6, +9db?
I did +6 install recently and was all but 5min.

I love my m11 and sure you will too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back