Audio-gd Digital Interface
Apr 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #3,781 of 4,156
Hi,

I can share my experience with you, how  install the driver.
First, install using the setup.exe didn't work for me: ok I work in IT so I can find a solution
in device manager, I right click on the unit, and chose "update driver software" (or something like that)
next, choose "browse my computer ..." (or let me pick up....)
next, I don't remember exactly, but you there is an option to install hardware, where you choose manually the type of hardware you want to install (something like "install the hardware that I manually select from a list")
So, I choose the type of device (I choose for "sound, video and game device"), browse your computer and choose for the driver (for me it was in the folder "vista64" (I'm using windows 7 64 bits).
After that, windows recognize the unit and it woks perfectly

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #3,782 of 4,156
interesting...
mr kingwa told me to use xp (i use seven 32bit)

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #3,783 of 4,156
Quote:
Hi,

I can share my experience with you, how  install the driver.
First, install using the setup.exe didn't work for me: ok I work in IT so I can find a solution
in device manager, I right click on the unit, and chose "update driver software" (or something like that)
next, choose "browse my computer ..." (or let me pick up....)
next, I don't remember exactly, but you there is an option to install hardware, where you choose manually the type of hardware you want to install (something like "install the hardware that I manually select from a list")
So, I choose the type of device (I choose for "sound, video and game device"), browse your computer and choose for the driver (for me it was in the folder "vista64" (I'm using windows 7 64 bits).
After that, windows recognize the unit and it woks perfectly

This is a good advice. I did the same yesterday when I updated the driver to the newest version 1.3: it did work nicely. By the way, the "driver" has a .inf extension.

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #3,784 of 4,156
Well the good news with 1.3 is that it plays sound through VIA ASIO in Windows 8 64 bit

but since the people at VIA seem incapable of reading or testing their own code it will not load the control panel - just how stupid can people be ?????????????

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #3,785 of 4,156
I don't think they deserve to be called 'stupid', you're not going to get anything with that kind of behaviour. You should be happy to have now ASIO working on your machine. As for the panel, the setup copies it on your Desktop, you can simply double-click on it.

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #3,787 of 4,156
Quote:
Well the good news with 1.3 is that it plays sound through VIA ASIO in Windows 8 64 bit

but since the people at VIA seem incapable of reading or testing their own code it will not load the control panel - just how stupid can people be ?????????????

They probably simply didn't even care about testing that ( on the Audio-GD it is mentioned to be a driver test ). I assume this is a beta or perhaps even alpha release, specifically targeted for the Win 8 x64 issues.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #3,788 of 4,156
I'm glad the issue is being fixed.  I will test it out this weekend and email Kingwa the results.  I second updating the driver through windows and not attempting to do a fresh install of the new driver.  

I'll post any differences I hear, if there are any, between low buffer kernel stream and ASIO if everything works properly.

I wouldn't get too upset about the control panel thing, this is a beta test after all. 

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #3,789 of 4,156
I know this about the audio-GD DI, but those drivers fixed my issue that I was having in windows 8  with my NFB15.32 with ASIO not working with FL studio and certain music players.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #3,790 of 4,156
I am planning to order DI-V3 and DI-PSU. Will be using laptop (Windows 7 64bit) USB output to DI-V3 and SPDIF input into [size=11pt]Schiit Bifrost[/size].

Please suggest which [size=11pt]option should I select BNC or RCA, I am not aware of them. All I know is my laptop SPDIF output was much better then USB, but SPDIF stopped working for some reason and Dell is asking 300$ for repair.[/size]

[size=11pt]Should I include TCXO clock, does in make sound better.[/size]

[size=11pt] [/size]

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #3,791 of 4,156
The BNC connection should be superior to the RCA one, as BNC is designed to have an exact 75 Ohm impedance. The best idea would be to try both BNC and RCA and see which you like more, because in the end that's what really matters and not the theory. The TCXO will bring an improvement and I would definitely get it ( it's quite cheap at $20 ).

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #3,792 of 4,156
Quote:
The BNC connection should be superior to the RCA one, as BNC is designed to have an exact 75 Ohm impedance. The best idea would be to try both BNC and RCA and see which you like more, because in the end that's what really matters and not the theory. The TCXO will bring an improvement and I would definitely get it ( it's quite cheap at $20 ).

Thanks for suggesting..I will go for BNC with TCXO.

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #3,793 of 4,156
[size=10.5pt]When I did check with Audio-gd, they replayed as below. Anyone used [size=11pt]Schiit Bifrost[/size] with BNC and how is their synergy? [/size]
[size=10.5pt]suggestion on BNC vs RCA for [size=11pt]Schiit Bifrost is most welcome[/size][/size]

[size=10.5pt]"The BNC output should be better but it is current output, some few DAC brands maybe can't working well with it."[/size]

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #3,794 of 4,156
Quote:

Thanks for suggesting..I will go for BNC with TCXO.

Quote:
[size=10.5pt]When I did check with Audio-gd, they replayed as below. Anyone used [size=11pt]Schiit Bifrost[/size] with BNC and how is their synergy? [/size]
[size=10.5pt]suggestion on BNC vs RCA for [size=11pt]Schiit Bifrost is most welcome[/size][/size]

[size=10.5pt]"The BNC output should be better but it is current output, some few DAC brands maybe can't working well with it."[/size]

Are you talking about the output? 

You're working a little too hard over this. These are basically the same connection unless you're running really high end stuff. Looking at the bifrost it only has a RCA coax input. The two are interchangable with an adapter. Technically speaking BNC is a better connection, but I just don't think it will make any difference on the Bifrost. 

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #3,795 of 4,156
and from the "windows seriously couldn't suck more" department:

i have a nuforce u192s running under win 7 32 bit; but could not get the audio-gd div-3 driver to install properly on the same system. now, i'm replacing my pc soon, so i wanted to compare the nuforce to the gd despite my current pc refusing to work with it, so.... i took both converters to my stepson's rig. he's using the same grantfidelity tubedac11 as i am, so i hoped to be able to compare them on his pc, which has a much newer motherboard et al, and is running win 64 bit.

damned if the audio gd didn't install immediately and work perfectly!!! sounds great , couldnt wait to install the nuforce and compare. guess what? the newforce would not install properly on his machine. I'll be damned. talk about "ya can't win"....

so, i'm about to go borrow his pc, set it up beside mine, and compare the audio gd to the nuforce by simply swapping out which coax is connected to the dac, and selecting that device (that converter) in foobar. i will finally be able to hear them within a moment of each other, and with my entire hi res library at hand ( the mellowist i could get on his rig was led zep, and although the glories of megadeath impressed me to no end i am looking forward to hearing the div-3 playing bill evans, jennifer warnes, ella and duke, bartok, some miles, cat stevens, joni, dusty and dolphy. one of the main things i will compare is the dynamics on brubeck's track 'take 5' (a needledrop of the 45 rpm pressing, as are most of these).

then of course i will confirm the beauty with some megadeath.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back