Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jul 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4,156

reiserFS

Headphoneus Supremus
Seen this on Audio-gd's website today, not entirely sure what the purpose of this device is, but it certainly looks interesting.

Edit1: Looks like it's a USB to Coax converter. No technical details known yet.

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 4,156
it's a converter.  usb to coaxial.
it's meant to compete with the m2tech hiface.

this should be very interesting.  as i just bought a stagedac, and will next be upgrading from usb audio to coaxial.  but need something like this in order to do so...

awesome.
i hope when kingwa is done testing that it's all good...

thanks for sharing!!!

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #4 of 4,156

Quote:
it's a converter.  usb to coaxial.
it's meant to compete with the m2tech hiface.

this should be very interesting.  as i just bought a stagedac, and will next be upgrading from usb audio to coaxial.  but need something like this in order to do so...

awesome.
i hope when kingwa is done testing that it's all good...

thanks for sharing!!!

You're most welcome. I'll be keeping an eye on this as well to see how well it competes with the m2tech hiface.

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #5 of 4,156
I wonder how well this DSP3 performs and if it could perform better with some clean power provided by LiFePO4 batteries.

Jul 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 4,156
Just wonder if it is using Asynchronous USB mode or using normal USB mode with DSP to correct any jitter problem.

Moreover, duno if it's performance will be affected by the DC power supply and whether a good DC power supply will be available as an option.

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #10 of 4,156

Quote:
Just wonder if it is using Asynchronous USB mode or using normal USB mode with DSP to correct any jitter problem.

Moreover, duno if it's performance will be affected by the DC power supply and whether a good DC power supply will be available as an option.

I strongly believe that there is going to be a difference when using a good DC power supply or the USB powered mode.

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #11 of 4,156
At the bottom of the page it says: "Now we are burning both our USBface and hiFace, once we finished burn in, we will compare their sound level.  If our USBface sound worst, we will kill it."

Sounds right to me. :wink: Hopefully they are onto something though. sp70.

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #13 of 4,156
Release date is next month or at least 4 weeks if they find that the USBface sounds better than the hiFace.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #14 of 4,156
It already has a terrific built in DC PSU, look carefully at the internal shots. The question is will it be better than the battery powered JKeny HiFace as PG rightly contends ?...Then again the HIFace does not have the DSP1....if this unit is 24/96 async to boot it could be a really good to possibly great alternative. The cool thing is the added connectivity it affords. This unit should be very good depending on the hardware (USB config).

Kingwa never ceases to amaze me.....

Who will be testing this box ? Anyone know yet ?

Peete.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #15 of 4,156
Do you think Kingwa will present a totally complete product only to make a test?? I think they already made all the test they can, in a pre production product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back