Audio-gd Digital Interface
May 1, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #3,811 of 4,156
I already ordered, got impressed by analog'd review, I was about to place order for DIV3 and also got quote list from Audio-gd but Nuforce is much cheaper so I want to try them first. Having heard difference between SPDIF and USB earlier, I know what to expect. 

DC meet is on 25th of this month, hope I will be able compare Nuforce with DIV3, it is listed on available rigs.  

Look forward to your impressions!

May 2, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #3,812 of 4,156
After try the latest Audio-gd USB32 v1.3 driver, these are the issues:
Quote:
About Windows 8 64bits, USB 3.0(Renesas/NEC - µPD72020) and driver issues:

1. USB3.0: I have to also restart DI when restart Windows. This didn't happen with USB2.0.
  2. ASIO worked fine first time, but then I can't get any should while track is running... (Partial Fixed: Only works for 32bit applications. 64bit applications doesn't appear!)
  1. JPLAY 5.1: KS with Buffers (128 Samples@44.1kHz, 256 Samples@96kHz, 512 Samples@192kHz), and WASAPI with Buffers (DirectLink@44.1kHz, DirectLink@96kHz, 4 Samples@192kHz) (NOTE: WASAPI DirectLink starts at 128 Samples)

The DI driver should be improved to work with Windows 8 64bits, and to handle less samples with KS in JPLAY (1 Sample = DirectLink).
The best setting should be 1 Sample / 44100 Hz = 0.00002ms.

At registry, I don't see the "VIA ASIO Driver" entry for 64bits [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO], but it's on 32bits [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASIO]

May 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #3,813 of 4,156
Quote:
Hi,

I can share my experience with you, how  install the driver.
First, install using the setup.exe didn't work for me: ok I work in IT so I can find a solution
in device manager, I right click on the unit, and chose "update driver software" (or something like that)
next, choose "browse my computer ..." (or let me pick up....)
next, I don't remember exactly, but you there is an option to install hardware, where you choose manually the type of hardware you want to install (something like "install the hardware that I manually select from a list")
So, I choose the type of device (I choose for "sound, video and game device"), browse your computer and choose for the driver (for me it was in the folder "vista64" (I'm using windows 7 64 bits).
After that, windows recognize the unit and it woks perfectly

I still cant get the 1.3 install to work with Win 8 64bit, even though it starts to download it using the method above, then just crashes and reboots, I am also bored with all of this, I can get my old DI-V1 works OK no problems (with Win 8-64), I spent a whole rainy day on this downloading all versions for the V3, 1.2, 1.3 they all look as though they will load then crash!!! I use J.River as a server, I am also a Squeezebox Touch user and I am still unable to get that V3 running in async mode. So I'm totally bored with Audio-GD, on 2 fronts.

May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #3,814 of 4,156
not to talk about the customer support...it simply does not exist

May 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #3,815 of 4,156
The 1.3v installs for me in windows 8 64bit with my NFB 15.32, been working good too.

May 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #3,817 of 4,156
Yes I can but with Certain programs, Like I can use it in Music players, but not FL studio.

May 11, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #3,818 of 4,156
[size=10pt]Nuforce u192s arrived today after driver install I run them directly used from DS and first impression was rather not impressed….directly compared with USB difference was so small that you would need gold plated ears with a lining of silver hairs to pick it. Then I tried WASAPI and result was not good…somehow nuforce synergy with WASAPI was not good…USB was better. [/size]

[size=10pt]Almost decided to return them and as last resort did try with KS and pleasantly surprised by the enhanced sq. it was like changing from 720p HDTV to 1080p…tuned up sharpness in sq
o2smile.gif
… u192u with KS produced a more prominent high end and also slightly more bass impact. USB was smoother and put the mids more up front. These were not subtle results and from what I described above, the treble was the most obvious difference between the two….my 650's and he400’s are singing now.
[/size]
[size=10pt]Thankyou @[/size][size=10.5pt]analog'd…[/size][size=10pt]very happy with the result
beerchug.gif
[/size]

May 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #3,819 of 4,156
Quote:
[size=10pt]Nuforce u192s arrived today after driver install I run them directly used from DS and first impression was rather not impressed….directly compared with USB difference was so small that you would need gold plated ears with a lining of silver hairs to pick it. Then I tried WASAPI and result was not good…somehow nuforce synergy with WASAPI was not good…USB was better. [/size]

[size=10pt]Almost decided to return them and as last resort did try with KS and pleasantly surprised by the enhanced sq. it was like changing from 720p HDTV to 1080p…tuned up sharpness in sq
o2smile.gif
… u192u with KS produced a more prominent high end and also slightly more bass impact. USB was smoother and put the mids more up front. These were not subtle results and from what I described above, the treble was the most obvious difference between the two….my 650's and he400’s are singing now.
[/size]
[size=10pt]Thankyou @[/size][size=10.5pt]analog'd…[/size][size=10pt]very happy with the result
beerchug.gif
[/size]

glad it wasn't a washout. surprised at the wasapi result as here wasapi and ks are very close in sound quality. but results were a little different from 1 pc to another. go figure...i plan to get the new jk unit pretty soon and will let you know how the u192s stands up to that. but for now i am blown away at how good my rig is sounding with the nuforce.    

May 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #3,820 of 4,156
AudioGD just released a new driver ( v 2.0 ) and a new firmware as well ( #7 ).

May 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #3,821 of 4,156
Tried the new firmware and the new driver. While there are some improvements in the sonics (better separation, soundstage and refinement), there's a new bug or strange behaviour. My DI-V3s is used as the primary output from my PC. When I first installed the new driver, output from Foobar ASIO works fine. However, afterusing other programs which routes through the WDM driver, the ASIO stops working. Foobar will display a message stating the virtual ASIO driver is not found. This does not happen with Wasapi output. Rebooting the PC or switching on-off the DI does not restore the ASIO functionality anymore. It's rather annoying because this didn't happen previously. And I prefer the output via ASIO because it sounds the best (to my ears). Hope this is fixed with a later update.

UPDATE:

Fixed the problem! Rather silly mistake. I went and changed the name of the device in the sound control panel properties from Digital Interface to DI-V3. After removing all the drivers and reinstalling again, the functionality for ASIO is restored. No problems watsoever. Itchy fingers!. 

May 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #3,822 of 4,156
The stupidity just NEVER ENDS

Tried to configure ASIO in Foobar and no channels appear (and it's no use trying the control panel because that won't load)

So load the VIA ASIO control panel manually after quitting Foobar and the interface is not ticked - tick that

Now Foobar can create the channels OK - but NO SOUND when playing

May 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #3,823 of 4,156
Quote:
Tried the new firmware and the new driver. While there are some improvements in the sonics (better separation, soundstage and refinement), there's a new bug or strange behaviour. My DI-V3s is used as the primary output from my PC. When I first installed the new driver, output from Foobar ASIO works fine. However, afterusing other programs which routes through the WDM driver, the ASIO stops working. Foobar will display a message stating the virtual ASIO driver is not found. This does not happen with Wasapi output. Rebooting the PC or switching on-off the DI does not restore the ASIO functionality anymore. It's rather annoying because this didn't happen previously. And I prefer the output via ASIO because it sounds the best (to my ears). Hope this is fixed with a later update.

UPDATE:

Fixed the problem! Rather silly mistake. I went and changed the name of the device in the sound control panel properties from Digital Interface to DI-V3. After removing all the drivers and reinstalling again, the functionality for ASIO is restored. No problems watsoever. Itchy fingers!. 

How to obtain the new firmware #7?

May 14, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #3,824 of 4,156
May 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #3,825 of 4,156
I must be very lucky guys...never had problems in the past. I've downloaded and installed the new drivers, updated the firmware and the sound is just fine!! But I'm using a usb32 dac: at this point I think the problem is with the DI, despite using the same chipset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back