Audio-gd Digital Interface
Feb 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #3,526 of 4,156
Quote:
JPlay Extreme mode will not work for me on any settings

I tried all buffer settings

I think the Kernel Streaming driver for USB32 doesnt work on Windows 8

Regards

Macrog

I don't use JPlay (I heard no difference between it a nd JRiver in memory play mode) but I have been using Kernel Streaming on Windows 8 64 bit for about 3 weeks now with no issue.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #3,527 of 4,156
is the USB32 from Master exactly the same than DI-V3?
On another forum, on the JPLAY website, someone tell than he needs to set the buffers to 512 sample to get the DI-V3 working with JPLAY.

So, I'm still wondering if the DI-V3 perfectly works with Jplay

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #3,530 of 4,156
I just installed JPlay on another PC running Windows 7 Pro 32bit and it doesnt work in Extreme mode on that either (Also with a Master 7)

I do prefer rhe JPlay plugin to JRiver alone. I admit I might be imagining it after payinh for JPlay. I will ask some friends opinions.

Regards

Macrog

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #3,531 of 4,156
JPlay Extreme mode will not work for me on any settings

I tried all buffer settings

I think the Kernel Streaming driver for USB32 doesnt work on Windows 8

Regards

Macrog

I think something is broken with extreme mode with this version, just use beach its more transparent anyway IMO.

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #3,532 of 4,156
I am using the USB32 input of my Master 7 in my lounge with Audirvana+, Pure Music, Fidelia and Amarra(full version) on a Mac Mini running OSX without issues. All the software is the full registered versions.
Thanks Macrog. I have issue using Audirvana Plus with the DI-V3. Only the 44.1 puts through. Those up sample one 88.2, 176.4,192 do not put through, no sound. The software is at latest version and is the full registered version. The same set up without the DI-V3 works flawlessly for all the 44.1,88.2,176.4 and 192 kHz

It definately works Plug and Play on the Mac. Amarra seems the hardest software to get to run properly but it isnt usb32 related.

I also run a Master 7 USB32 under windows 7 Pro 32bit on a relatively low powered Q9650 cpu with 4GB of RAM in my kitchen (using JRiver and Foobar) and another Master 7 via usb32 in my bedroom under Windows 8 Pro 64bit on a fairly maxed out 3930k running JRiver/JPlay.

I have had no problems apart from the Windows 8 machine which required the new version of JPlay (5.1) to work properly in direct mode.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards

Macrog

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #3,533 of 4,156
Quote:
Has anyone successfully connected the DI-V3 to Logitech SB Touch w/EDO? I got the info from SBT shown it was running, but no data out from the DI-V3.

Then I tried connected DI to a Mac, and it work perfectly fine with the Mac.

And then I tried connected the SBT USB to Benchmark DAC1's USB input, and also works fine.

Any thing I missed in the setup?

Ditto for me, same senario, though I have tried it also direct to Win7 and Vista no go there also.  When running through the SPDIF output on the SBT it will not play higher than 96khz files!!!
I think it is a software/firmware fault in the DI-V3, unless I too have missed something in 3 setups. Mind you Kingwah says it is plug and play in Linux(SBT) so  it should be SIMPLE. The only thing I have not done is run it through a Hub from the SBT but I think the trouble is in the DI units. My DI-V1 which runs in adaptive mode is OK, will play up to 176khz file using the SPDIF on the touch with EDO. Please let us know if you find a fix. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #3,534 of 4,156
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Anybody out there using pairing the DI-V3 with OSX with software player like Audirvana or Pure Music?

Thanks

I am. I moved from the Audiophilio 1 + PP to the DI-V3 TXCO + PSU. I use an i7 mac mini server with Pure Music, Audirvana and Amarra, but I play with PM most of the time due to its plugin capabilities.
Why do you ask? What do you want to know?

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #3,535 of 4,156
Hi GuyDebord, It is because I have issue using Audirvana Plus with the DI-V3. Only the 44.1 puts through. But those up sample using Audirvana do not put through. That means 88.2, 176.4,192 get no sound.

The software is at latest version and is the full registered version.

My system consists a 4G ram , 128G SSD MacBook in latest OS, song file in external HDD via FireWire. Dac is a Rockana Wavequest. The same set up without the DI-V3 works flawlessly for all the 44.1,88.2,176.4 and 192 kHz.

May I know the setting you use the Audirvana up sample to DI-V3? Thanks!

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #3,536 of 4,156
I don't get any sound using BitPerfect using up sampling, though I haven't tried Audirvana Plus yet. I'll experiment. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #3,537 of 4,156
Quote:
Hi GuyDebord, It is because I have issue using Audirvana Plus with the DI-V3. Only the 44.1 puts through. But those up sample using Audirvana do not put through. That means 88.2, 176.4,192 get no sound.

The software is at latest version and is the full registered version.

My system consists a 4G ram , 128G SSD MacBook in latest OS, song file in external HDD via FireWire. Dac is a Rockana Wavequest. The same set up without the DI-V3 works flawlessly for all the 44.1,88.2,176.4 and 192 kHz.

May I know the setting you use the Audirvana up sample to DI-V3? Thanks!

That's really odd, I've had no issues at all at any sample rate, I have 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 material and it works flawlessly. I use Audirvana on Direct-Integer mode, at start-up it recognizes my DAC which is 32/192, as soon as it starts playing it then moves to any sample rate the music throws at it. Here are my settings.

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #3,538 of 4,156
My DI-V3S (TCXO) + DI-PSU arrived. Will try to get some feedback after burn-in etc. Still trying to figure out what's going on re: upsample/down sample & bit rate etc wile inside jriver & foobar. Seems to be functioning ok with JRiver, foobar and JPlay though.

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #3,539 of 4,156
popcorn.gif

Has this been compared to the U18?

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #3,540 of 4,156
DI-V3S just received.

I switched connectors inside the DI to have current technolgy going through RCA instead of BNC.
This was not that easy as Audio-gd put some glue on the connectors to prevent them from unplugging during transport, but I managed to switch them.

As far as I can say right now, vs V1:

Far less treble peak than V1, very good point for me, annoying treble peaks are now gone, which makes sound much smoother on the highs with same level of details or even better. No more need to turn volume down sometimes now, what a relief. I finally can listen again to some records I found painful to hear.
A little more focus (a small veil has been lifted).
Slightly better tone accuracy.
Slightly higher frequency extension both sides and a bit more details.
Dark background, not much difference with the V1.
Overall, a decent upgrade and a really good sound. I enjoy it.

I'll report later after more burn-in but I don't think it'll change a lot as I never found huge differences before/after burn-in except for headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back