Audio-gd Digital Interface
Feb 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #3,541 of 4,156
Just as a piece of information, for any who wish to use it with Winamp like I do (I'm used to it, you can go bit perfect with it like foobar, and I never found any difference in ABX tests between foobar and winamp using wasapi on both):

adionSoft WASAPI plugin: doesn't work (V1 did)
Maiko WASAPI plugin: works but channels reverse at each music play, and sound signature changes a lot for whatever reason (worked correctly with V1)
KernelStreaming plugin v3.63: doesn't work

With otachan ASIO plugin 0.70 and ASIO4ALL 2.10 installed:
 - VIA DirectKS ASIO device choosen in ASIO output settings: doesn't work
 - ASIO4ALL v2 choosen in ASIO output settings: OK

With otachan ASIO plugin 0.71 x64 (Intel) and ASIO4ALL 2.10 installed:
only ASIO4ALL v2 available in ASIO output settings: OK

Issue now is that I can't get rid of the ASIO-related problematic gaps between tracks...

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #3,542 of 4,156
As I stated before, I have a similar experience with Foobar 1.2.2 and DI-V3 under Win7 64-bit:

WASAPI output 3.2.1 doesn't work (but worked with DI-V1)
Kernel Streaming  1.2.2 works (but didn't work well with DI-V1)

> So I use Kernel Streaming instead of Wasapi in Win7 64 now.

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #3,543 of 4,156
I am using my DI-V3S with Win7 64bit:

1/ Foobar work fine with KS, ASIO4ALL v2, WASAPI and JPlay ASIO. Yup my VIA DirectKS ASIO also doesn't seem to work on foobar either - the sound bars graph moves but no sound;
2/ With JPlay mini, both KS and WASAPI work just fine. I have to set buffer to 128 samples, any lower I get drop out. I guess this is pc performance dependent.

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #3,545 of 4,156
Quote:

I switched connectors inside the DI to have current technolgy going through RCA instead of BNC.
This was not that easy as Audio-gd put some glue on the connectors to prevent them from unplugging during transport, but I managed to switch them.

what is the difference between current technology and class technology and how much of a difference does it make?

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #3,546 of 4,156
I think Kingwa answers your question best here: http://www.audio-gd.com/audio/ACSS.htm

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #3,547 of 4,156
This is NOT the problem

I have left the source folder exactly where it was:

Please fix this

Quote:
If the driver source folder have move or rename, the ASIO can't work .
Release the driver source in the Driver: C and install the driver, keep it in the Driver :C .

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #3,548 of 4,156
Some more information on the VIA ASIO issue (v1.22 drivers)

The VIA ASIO control panel WILL NEVER WORK inside Foobar because the driver is looking for the wrong name - control.exe

If you make a copy of VIA ASIO ControlPanel.exe and call it that control.exe it will load - but still no sound

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #3,550 of 4,156
I just received my DI-V3 w/PSU yesterday. It seems to be working great but I have a question. When I switch on the PSU the blue light comes on but the light on the DI doesn't light up until I plug the USB cord into my PC. Is the light on the DI a link light or a power on indication? Before anyone asks, yes, I have the cord connecting the two boxes. My concern is that the PSU isn't actually powering the DI but instead it is getting power from the mac's usb port.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #3,551 of 4,156
Quote:
I just received my DI-V3 w/PSU yesterday. It seems to be working great but I have a question. When I switch on the PSU the blue light comes on but the light on the DI doesn't light up until I plug the USB cord into my PC. Is the light on the DI a link light or a power on indication? Before anyone asks, yes, I have the cord connecting the two boxes. My concern is that the PSU isn't actually powering the DI but instead it is getting power from the mac's usb port.

Try turn the other switch at the back of the DI. It switches the power between PSU and USB.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #3,552 of 4,156
Both switches are in the on postion. I guess the best question is .. is the light on the DI supposed to light up when is attached to the powered on psu but not the computer?

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #3,553 of 4,156
The switch has three positions.

1. DC in -  The front light will up when you have a PSU connected

2. Mid position - The front light will off and DI is off as well

3. USB - The front light will up if you have a USB connected to a computer and the computer is on

Hope this help.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #3,555 of 4,156
Thanks Jimmychan. I will take a look at it when I get to work on Monday. I figured I was doing something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back