Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #3,095 of 4,156
Hi every body.
Tenor company wish can pick up the case who have problem of the TE8802 applied.
They wish if users  have problem, please send the computer specs to them help them find the matter.
Please include :
1, What problems happen?
2, CPU specs
3, Ram specs
4, Operate system (Which Windows or OSX?)
5, Media player and setting (if applied plugs please include)

Please send to audio-gd@vip.163.com .
Don't send to king-wa@hotmail.com, these days this mail box have very slow.

Thanks every one help to make the TE8802 develop .

Jun 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #3,096 of 4,156
guys, please check one thing - do you get BSODs when you use upsampling via jumpers on DI?

i have just found out that my DI doesn't actually play 96khz files without being set to upsample.

96khz file + no upsample jumpers = scratches and noise instead of music
the same 96khz file + 96khz jumpers = music

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #3,097 of 4,156
Quote:
guys, please check one thing - do you get BSODs when you use upsampling via jumpers on DI?

i have just found out that my DI doesn't actually play 96khz files without being set to upsample.

96khz file + no upsample jumpers = scratches and noise instead of music
the same 96khz file + 96khz jumpers = music

96khz works fine for me, but I don't have DI-DSP. I literally get BSODs from anything that outputs audio, frequency/bitrate/etc don't matter.

Jun 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #3,098 of 4,156
Quick impressions:

The DI DSP is a clear step up from the DI V1.

It is much clearer with better instrument separation. Soundstage is slight wider, though I'm not sure you'd notice if you're busy enjoying the increased clarity!

Many others have noted (and sometimes only noted) the deeper yet tauter bass, but I think the clarity is worth quite a bit more.

I would attribute the decreased noise floor to the asynchronous clocking and reduced jitter especially with the more powerful DSP processor. I'm still very skeptical regarding cable influences, but it might now be worth check out an audiophile USB cable in place of the generic that Audio-Gd ships with their gear.

My only regret now is the DIR9001 chip in the NFB-5 that I'm sure is holding back some proper enjoyment of the 192/24 files I have!

Anyhow, NFB-5 now sounds better thanks to the DI DSP. I do wonder what'd happened if I used an Audiophileo instead! Quite interested in the full potential of the DAC. (But I doubt that'll happen since both the DI and NFB-5 are now on sale as I'm shifting to another country 
frown.gif
. They're available if anyone's interested... 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #3,099 of 4,156
My shipment arrived today! Initial impressions are that everything sounds better in every aspect - just so smooth and enjoyable. I know that is very general but I won't jump into critical listening yet.. I just want to enjoy my music!

Here's a pic of them sitting on top of my NFB-10SE.

There's a scratch on the front plate though which is quite visible under light - don't think it could've been damaged during shipment as they're packed with foam all around. Hmmm.....

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #3,100 of 4,156
Quote:
Ok, so i've had my DI-DSP for about a week now. I burned it in on my server and have just moved it to my main rig along with my W4S DAC1.
I cannot get 192k to work for the life of me. everything else works, even 172. I have tried multiple software (Foobar2000 and Jriver) and every possible output settings (ASIO, WASAPI, Kernal Streaming) and still no luck. Even from the windows sound setting 192 does not work, the DAC just does not detect it. I have confirmed from W4S that the DAC1 does support 192 over COAX. so i still have no clue what is causing this problem. its not a deal breaker for me, and i am completly happy with the DI otherwise, but one of the reasons i bought it was for the 192 capability! argh... hopefully updated drivers fix this.

I suggest doing the following:

Making sure you are using a good-quality 75 Ohm cable. This is very important for 192k support. Canare (eg: from Blue Jeans) is fine.

Try opening it up and switching the outputs if you're using BNC. The current output which is connected by default to the BNC socket doesn't work with all DACs.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #3,101 of 4,156
i am using a monoprice premium coax right now. i have a wireworld starlight 6 coax on order to try aswell. my w4s dac1 doesnt work at all with the bnc output, there was no sound at all using bnc --> rca cable. i will try switching the wires with the bnc and trying it that way too. thanks

Jun 27, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #3,103 of 4,156
After a few hours playing with my DI-DSP, I think I've found the ideal setting (or at least satisfy me for the time being):
I set the jumper to up-sample to 192kHz, WASAPI Exclusive mode, Event driven, Latency 12ms - I'm using uLilith player if that matters

ASIO (both ASIO4ALL and Audio-gd USB ASIO) doesn't play nicely for me which I believe is because of the buffer size. ie. if playing a 44.1kHz file, a large buffer will cause crackling/lag; while playing a 192kHz file will require a large buffer. For some reason setting ASIO Buffer Auto Adjustment doesn't work as well.

Also when I move the DI / pick it up even just a few cms to adjust the position while playing, it would cause my Win7 32bit desktop to reboot. No idea why that is but it happened a few times so I'm sure its not because of something else.

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #3,105 of 4,156
Just received my DI-DSP. Love the sound, hate the BSODs. Win7 x64, Asus Maximus IV, i7, JRiver MC17 - > DI -> NFB10-SE. Constant "BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER" blue screen - doesn't matter 44.1 or 192kHz. (WASAPI)

My system is 100% stable with my 'old' HiFace EVO.

Driver updates needed for TE8802?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back