Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jun 27, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #3,107 of 4,156
Quote:
Hello, very long thread:) can someone please point me to the pages where you describe the differences between the two version of the DI? Also, i read about some issues with windows pcs, what about Mac OSX? Thanks in advance.

The best source of that info is the AGD web page.  The V2 is just the new version of the DI.  The DI-DSP is the new DI with a DSP (digital signal processor) added which is a component used in the ref series DACs.  It adds digital filters etc...

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #3,110 of 4,156
The best source of that info is the AGD web page.  The V2 is just the new version of the DI.  The DI-DSP is the new DI with a DSP (digital signal processor) added which is a component used in the ref series DACs.  It adds digital filters etc...

I'd explain it a little differently, just to be clear that the DSP was found in the original DI and is not a new feature introduced with the new model.

The V2 is the new base model which deletes the DSP found in the original DI.

The DI-DSP is the new top mod which features the DSP like the original DI, but with a revised design.

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #3,111 of 4,156
Quote:
I have almost the same setup without issue (I use Wasapi Event)- try reinstalling the driver (read Kingwa's comments on this). Make sure all appropriate boxes are checked in Manage Audio Devices. Try another USB port.

I've reinstalled the drivers several times, ticked all boxes, tried different USB-ports and many other things. Nothing helps, the drivers are faulty or seriously incompatible with AMD chipset. Currently playing through Stello U3 with Thesycon drivers. The driver package is very similar to the Tenor driver package, setup process and control panel are very similar. Thesycon drivers just work with all material. 

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #3,113 of 4,156
that works too.
normal_smile%20.gif

Quote:
I'd explain it a little differently, just to be clear that the DSP was found in the original DI and is not a new feature introduced with the new model.
The DI-DSP is the new top mod which features the DSP like the original DI, but with a revised design.

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #3,114 of 4,156
I have i7 mobo with windows 7 and haven't had any problems with di-dsp drivers. I haven't tried with amd computer. There's been only a few times computer loaded not detecting the drivers, but problem was easily solved by re-plugging the usb.

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #3,115 of 4,156

Thanks!
And do they both use the same tenor chip? So potentially same issue on Windows, but reading in the thread they seem pretty stable on Macosx

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #3,116 of 4,156
Happily played a few tracks - click on another one and

"Unrecoverable playback error: Endpoint creation failed (0x8889000F)"

DI-DSP in Foobar

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #3,117 of 4,156
Quote:
Thanks!
And do they both use the same tenor chip? So potentially same issue on Windows, but reading in the thread they seem pretty stable on Macosx

No, the original DI uses the older TE7022. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #3,118 of 4,156
Quote:
Happily played a few tracks - click on another one and

"Unrecoverable playback error: Endpoint creation failed (0x8889000F)"

DI-DSP in Foobar

when i manually installed hardware drivers in Device manager, it cured the problem.

Jul 2, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #3,119 of 4,156
Any news on fix for the drivers? My DI-DSP-S is pretty much useless at the moment. Have to discuss about return possibility if the problem can't be fixed.

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #3,120 of 4,156
I changed the hex inverter of my classic DI to 74HCU04AP and the first impressions are of a real change, don't know if it is my mind playing some tricks, but sounds less congested, more detailed, faster and with better harmonics, if that makes sense.
I noticed some noise in a music and tought it was my left channel tube scratching - it was on the record (never noticed this so clear before).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back